FF Question - Goff or Brees?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i have this problem in a few leagues.

normally i would start goff without question but i worry the offense might be a little off in their first outing of the season.

am i worrying about nothing? should i start goff with confidence?

jjab360

Legend
Love Goff of course, but I'd have to go with the more known option in Brees.

I tend to steer clear of Rams players in fantasy football, I let my fanhood blind me if they're on my team which isn't good if you have money on the line.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's a tough call. I have to make the same decision. Both TB and Oakland have very questionable defenses.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I tend to steer clear of Rams players in fantasy football, I let my fanhood blind me if they're on my team which isn't good if you have money on the line.

I go full homer. But it works. Gurley carried me to the championship in every league last year. :LOL:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

that was before, this is now. top scoring team in the league.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My choice was Goff or Rivers and went with our boy on the prime time game.

…..

Legend
Put me in the Hall of Shame- I dropped Goff last year to add a player for one week, then someone snatched him the next day as I was having second thoughts. The dude that picked him up rode him weekly and won the championship. This year that same &*%$#$^ drafted Goff in the 2rd round and I didnt even start looking for him until the 5th round.

Dont be a Dog, do not drop Goff

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Put me in the Hall of Shame- I dropped Goff last year to add a player for one week, then someone snatched him the next day as I was having second thoughts. The dude that picked him up rode him weekly and won the championship. This year that same &*%$#$^ drafted Goff in the 2rd round and I didnt even start looking for him until the 5th round.

How did a guy who drafted a QB in the 2nd round (or 3rd round) win your fantasy league, Dog? ;)

Never go QBs early. There are too many good ones. I didn't draft my starting QB until the 12th round. I still came away with Alex Smith and Derek Carr (not a coincidence that I took the two Gruden QBs). I always load up on HBs early. It's the one position on offense where there's a shortage of talent. Thus, I take as many of the lead HBs as I can to deprive the rest of my league of HBs and cover my butt if there is an injury or an underachiever. The WR position is saturated with talent, and there are 32 starting QBs with a good 20 of them being productive each year (so unless you're in a 24 team league, you won't have an issue finding a good starting QB).

This strategy is really effective. I'm kind of looking at it from an economic view. There won't be a shortage of QBs. There won't be a shortage of WRs. So I focus on the position where there will be a shortage of talent . . . HB. Plus, with WRs, you can find four or five guys who will be productive. You'll just have to play the match-ups because they won't be like Antonio Brown where you can count on them every week.

Anyways, that's my strategy. Not that anyone asked. :LOL:

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler

Hah! Clever. I see what you did there!

~ArkyRamsFan~

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'd go with Brees, Goff has not played a down yet and I believe the Rams will take a conservative approach in Oakland.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
We got a club going! I just had my FF draft on Saturday night and ended up with Brees and Goff. Also have Cooks so I'm leaning towards Goff vs that Oak secondary. Brees is a sure thing most of the time though. Just have to deal with that division familiarity of TB.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I have Goff and Big Ben in one league.

And Goff and Matt Ryan in the other.

I may be going Goff in both.

Steelers at Browns with no Leveon

Ryan at Eagles this coming Thursday

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I drafted Brady and Stafford

After giving it thoughtful deliberation knowing the crap I’d take, I actually traded Brady for Goff

The way I see it Goff is going to improve his already lofty performance from last year, this is the year Father Time comes a calling on Tommy Boy

With that being said, Stafford’s at home vs the Jets while Goff opens on the road

Haven’t made a final decision but I’m leaning toward Stafford

Last edited:

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I take brees and that is not a lack of respect or belief in goff. Brees seldom has crap games...I didn't say never but seldom

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
jared-goff-los-angeles-rams-water-color-art-10-joe-hamilton.jpg

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

i had a look at past performances by brees against the bucs and he hasn't exactly run amok against them. pretty average numbers by his standards.

i might go with goff. mcvay is just itching to unleash on the nfl this season. much like the 2000 rams i think the rams this year are gonna put the pedal to the metal.

Ram65

Legend
I don't play fantasy football. I don't think Goff will be rusty.

I think both will do well. Saints at home may be the better choice.

…..

Legend
How did a guy who drafted a QB in the 2nd round (or 3rd round) win your fantasy league, Dog? ;)

Never go QBs early. There are too many good ones. I didn't draft my starting QB until the 12th round. I still came away with Alex Smith and Derek Carr (not a coincidence that I took the two Gruden QBs). I always load up on HBs early. It's the one position on offense where there's a shortage of talent. Thus, I take as many of the lead HBs as I can to deprive the rest of my league of HBs and cover my butt if there is an injury or an underachiever. The WR position is saturated with talent, and there are 32 starting QBs with a good 20 of them being productive each year (so unless you're in a 24 team league, you won't have an issue finding a good starting QB).

This strategy is really effective. I'm kind of looking at it from an economic view. There won't be a shortage of QBs. There won't be a shortage of WRs. So I focus on the position where there will be a shortage of talent . . . HB. Plus, with WRs, you can find four or five guys who will be productive. You'll just have to play the match-ups because they won't be like Antonio Brown where you can count on them every week.

Anyways, that's my strategy. Not that anyone asked. :LOL:
2 years ago I was on the cusp of the playoffs, but had lost my RB1 to season ending injury. I scoured the wire looking for any respectable replacement. I could find no one really, and it was just a twelve man flex league so I was baffled. Thus, I started looking at other people's rosters and saw my brothers bench.....RB,RB,RB,RB,RB,RB....and of course RB in the flex spot.

You could probably get my pulse just by looking at the veins in my forehead as my blood overrheated. Nothing sucks worse than being livid at your brother, but not wanting him to know he snookered you.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2 years ago I was on the cusp of the playoffs, but had lost my RB1 to season ending injury. I scoured the wire looking for any respectable replacement. I could find no one really, and it was just a twelve man flex league so I was baffled. Thus, I started looking at other people's rosters and saw my brothers bench.....RB,RB,RB,RB,RB,RB....and of course RB in the flex spot.

You could probably get my pulse just by looking at the veins in my forehead as my blood overrheated. Nothing sucks worse than being livid at your brother, but not wanting him to know he snookered you.

LOL. That's great. Your brother is a smart man. ;)