Favorite quotes by or about the Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
We have some Great Quotes going here! I especially like the one's by Deacon Jones and Jack Youngblood! Here's another one from Jack!

quote-Jack-Youngblood-the-joy-of-winning-is-not-as-37282.png

fearsomefour

Legend
"Conservative coaches have one thing in common. They are unemployed."
Chuck Knox

"Im not a problem guy."
Darryl Henley.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
That's so funny, i never heard that quote before. I can't tell you how many times I was wishing the same. I wanted our d-line to kill Fran. And that little squirt was like an escape artist. Most damn frustrating QB I've ever watch us play against.
Didn't give it a like because I just can't give a like to a post about Francis. That dude still bugs me.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Didn't give it a like because I just can't give a like to a post about Francis. That dude still bugs me.
I dont know what bugged me more, losing to those guys in the NFCC game, or watching them 2wks later get crushed by the AFC team in the SB, especially when I knew that if our Rams had played in the SB they would have made a game of it.

tempests

Hall of Fame
"We came to this organization that was bottom of the barrel. And at that moment, I knew this was where I was supposed to be.....I chose to continue to walk by faith. I chose to speak life to what seemed like a lifeless situation. The moment I got here, I claimed ownership to this organization.

"I will never be too big not to clean up around this place, pick up a piece of trash, or I would never be too big or small to do anything else needed by this organization. I've always thought it was the greatest organization in the league, and I would never do anything or say anything to tear down my own house with my words or with my hands."

-Isaac Bruce.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I dont know what bugged me more, losing to those guys in the NFCC game, or watching them 2wks later get crushed by the AFC team in the SB, especially when I knew that if our Rams had played in the SB they would have made a game of it.
Definitely BIG Ditto's on this^!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Or the fact that we should have had a home game and instead had to travel to white out Minn for the playoff that should have been played in LA?

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
“Why does the run have to set up the pass?”
~ Mike Martz

T-REX

Rams On Demand Sponsor
“I don’t know of any assistant coach that came in, at any one time, in any one program, and made as big a contribution as Mike did at that time,”
~ Dick Vermeil

T-REX

Rams On Demand Sponsor
1999 RAMS
“If you go back and look at the other teams of that era, the ‘conventional’ teams that you were competing with, [the Rams were] the aberration of the day,”
~ Brian Billick

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
Some more from the Deacon. He was a quote machine and a philosopher. And talk about keeping it real.

"Know the difference between famous and great." – Deacon Jones, chiding a novice sportswriter who called him a famous football player.

"How can you possibly be sympathetic to every fool on the planet? Just the other day, I heard a man whining about his hopeless love of cross-dressing. Call me unenlightened, but I started to laugh."

"And so now you think society is to blame for the mess you made of yourself?" – Deacon Jones on whiners.

"You are one of a kind, one in a billion, an incredible unique individual. The problem is, so is everybody else."

"You’ll find your life greatly simplified if you only worry about stuff you can fix."

"Be patient with the negative people of the world. Take a moment to think how they are helping you clarify your own thinking and firming your own resolve. Then headslap them out of your way."

"All men are created equal. After that, it’s up to you."

That's just priceless stuff. Most we're prolly said between the late 60s thru the 90s?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"They gotta straight up track meet goin' on in Stl Louis". - A winded Viking DB (as I recall) during the 1999 Rams - Vikings playoff game.

haha, they said the same thing when hakim scored against the broncos with holt running next to him for 80 yards.

"it's a track meet"
"they don't need a football, they need a baton".

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
haha, they said the same thing when hakim scored against the broncos with holt running next to him for 80 yards.

"it's a track meet"

Hey! My line is in there too.
"Martz has assembled a murderer's row of haste!" @ 1:03

lol. "Romulus and Remus going down that sideline."

They should have never gotten rid of Dennis Miller.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.

"it's a track meet"

there's the other quote "Martz has assembled a murder's row of haste" - Dennis Miller. ha I love that dude. a lot of quotes for one play . I had an epiphany, maybe the early 2000's Rams was the catalyst to all this penalty help to the offense. they put on the most amazing, entertaining and revolutionizing offense of the new century and the NFL front office sure as hell knew it so they manipulated it and made it cheap and dirty.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dennis Miller. ha I love that dude. a lot of quotes for one play
Dennis Miller was a bit too high brow for a high percentage of NFL fans. Not saying the majority of NFL fans are dumb, but he certainly made more references that went over people's heads than ones that landed. It's a shame because the people who "got him" really loved it when he was in the booth. Lotta other people were like, "Who the hell are Romulus and Remus???" lol.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Dennis Miller was a bit too high brow for a high percentage of NFL fans. Not saying the majority of NFL fans are dumb, but he certainly made more references that went over people's heads than ones that landed. It's a shame because the people who "got him" really loved it when he was in the booth. Lotta other people were like, "Who the hell are Romulus and Remus???" lol.
thats why i love him. half his shit goes over my head so i started laughing at him and myself for being a dumbass. but yea he's a very intelligent dude. I saw him in my hometown when he was helping his guy on the campaign trail a few years ago