Evan Silva Doubting Tavon

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Trivia question:

Tavon Austin became the 5th player to have 2 rushing plays of 50+ yards and 2 receiving plays of 50+ yards in the same season since 1999, for $250kROD name the other 4 (preferably without cheating but I have no way of checking).

I have no idea, but I'm gonna say off the top of my head..Faulk, Chris Johnson, Tomlinson, maybe Cordarrelle Patterson?. I honestly have no idea. I tried cheating but I couldn't figure out how to get that info haha. Have recency bias going on, probably.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I've seen him create his own space plenty of times, but there isn't a single receiver in the league that's going to be able to do that on any kind of a consistent basis. You're more likely going to see someone else create the space for him; be it a 'rub' on the LOS, or a well-timed block in front of him. His stop-n-go routes are pretty freaking nice if you ask me, and so are his out-n-ups. There's always going to be an opportunity to use those, so I don't see what the issue is.

I understand that it's really easy to look back and dress a rookie down for the things he did wrong, but how about contrasting it with the things he did well, and offer a little 'advice' or an opinion on how to build on that? That article presents itself as foresight for the future (an indictment), and I can't get on board with that.

Shuie3225

Starter
Who is really wanting Tavon to be a start/stop guy? I see Tavon as a get the ball in his hands on the move, and watch the guy never stop until he gets into the end zone. I love him on crossing patterns, quick slants, swing passes, etc. On plays like that, he simply uses a combination of speed and quickness to elude pretty much anybody on a 1 on 1 situation. And I think Silva is nuts saying he isn't a vertical guy. I'd send him vertical on anybody.

Too many people get hung up on the "top 10 pick" aspect and therefore knock him because he isn't, and never will be a traditional #1 type WR that is going to catch 10 balls a game and play every snap on the outside. He's a major weapon, that if used properly can do things that not very many, if any guys in this league can do. I see major value in that.

Yeah, his hands have to be more reliable. And I expect they will be. I attribute that problem last year with just being a rookie and trying to do too much before securing the ball.

Bingo

IMO he was just thinking way too much and not playing naturally. To make up for his frustration I think he tried to get going too fast before securing the ball. His hands should be much better this year.

I have no idea, but I'm gonna say off the top of my head..Faulk, Chris Johnson, Tomlinson, maybe Cordarrelle Patterson?. I honestly have no idea. I tried cheating but I couldn't figure out how to get that info haha. Have recency bias going on, probably.

Yes Yes Yes No.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
"I'll give a clue the 4th guy is an all time top 25 rusher."-

Tony Dorsett ?

A55VA6

Legend
It's Evan Silva..... are we dumb enough to listen to anything this guy says?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Evan Silva
BugsBunny_Maroon.jpg
Happy birthday. And didn't Tavon, in his limited time, have a couple top 5 all-time NFL marks??? Yeah, he's a bust. Evan needs to retire, IMO, he is getting loopy, and now even contradicting his own predictions, before year 2....way to straddle the fence my friend. If you straddle a fence too much, you get a fence post up your ass.

jjab360

Legend
Dude watched 4 of his games in college, and probably no more than a couple so far in the NFL. Come talk to me when you've seen all of them like I have, lol. Tavon is a stud waiting to explode and showed so many times last year how his gamebreaking speed and explosion translates to the NFL, but I guess at the end of the day we'll just have to see who's right. I like my odds, though.