Ethan Westbrooks Arrested

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
JohnWayne.jpg

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Maybe not forget about the unregistered gun but lets be measured about it. An unregistered gun doesn't necessarily mean that its a stolen gun, that is has serial numbers filed off, that it was used in a homicide - it just wasn't registered. You ever drive an unregistered car? I have.

No I havent driven an unregistered car and lets be honest, there is a huge difference. Why would you carry a unregistered gun period? Unless he just bought and had not registered it yet. But I have never heard of anyone getting arrested for an unregistered gun if they have a LTC and receipt for the gun.

For the record, I never said anything about it being stolen or was used in a homicide.

Any gun owner will tell you there is little reason to be carrying a unregistered gun, unless you are bringing it home because you just bought it. I would be curious to know if he has a LTC in CA.

96GS#007

Pro Bowler
No I havent driven an unregistered car and lets be honest, there is a huge difference. Why would you carry a unregistered gun period? Unless he just bought and had not registered it yet. But I have never heard of anyone getting arrested for an unregistered gun if they have a LTC and receipt for the gun.

For the record, I never said anything about it being stolen or was used in a homicide.

Any gun owner will tell you there is little reason to be carrying a unregistered gun, unless you are bringing it home because you just bought it. I would be curious to know if he has a LTC in CA.

All but impossible to get a LTC in Los Angeles, so I doubt it. Not only that but he was up in Bakersfield....middle of freakin' nowhere. Unless he has family there or was passing through it makes no sense to be there.

I'll wait for the facts to play out, but on the surface he sure looks like a dumba$$ for this.

bluecoconuts

Legend

Doesn't work that way in California. If you buy a gun you register it at the time of purchase.

And there's no chance he has a CA CCW.

I'll be honest though, I'm not shocked about it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'll wait for the facts to play out, but on the surface he sure looks like a dumba$$ for this.

He definitely looks like a dumb@$$. Question is how much of one.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Doesn't work that way in California. If you buy a gun you register it at the time of purchase.

I have a CCW in Nevada, and tbh if I were a player I'd be packin a damn gun any time I'm out, at least keeping it in my ride. Those dudes are targets so I definitely understand the concern for protection, it's just "dammit man do it right!"

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Wasn't his gun is what I'm reading...
https://sports.yahoo.com/rams-dl-ethan-westbrooks-arrested-170307488.html
The Rams had the weekend off after beating the 49ers on Thursday night, which left time for one of their players to get into some trouble with the law.

Los Angeles Daily News reports that Westbrooks was arrested in Bakersfield, California over the weekend. Per the report, Westbrooks was pulled over by police for speeding and the officers subsequently found a gun registered to someone other than Westbrooks in the car."

Vincent Bonsignore of the Los Angeles Daily News reports that Westbrooks was arrested in Bakersfield, California over the weekend. Per the report, Westbrooks was pulled over by police for speeding and the officers subsequently found a gun registered to someone other than Westbrooks in the car.

Westbrooks has been released on bail and is expected to be at practice with the Rams on Monday.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Maybe not forget about the unregistered gun but lets be measured about it. An unregistered gun doesn't necessarily mean that its a stolen gun, that is has serial numbers filed off, that it was used in a homicide - it just wasn't registered. You ever drive an unregistered car? I have.

Gun was reported stolen in 2009.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame

See in MA, you carry it home, must be locked and as long as you have a LTC you are good. You register at time of purchase but we have the 10 grace period before you get the reg#

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
All but impossible to get a LTC in Los Angeles, so I doubt it. Not only that but he was up in Bakersfield....middle of freakin' nowhere. Unless he has family there or was passing through it makes no sense to be there.

Boston is just as hard, further away from Boston much easier, but I agree, he looks dumb on the surface, hopefully more will come out and bring some sense to this.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Wasn't his gun is what I'm reading...
https://sports.yahoo.com/rams-dl-ethan-westbrooks-arrested-170307488.html
The Rams had the weekend off after beating the 49ers on Thursday night, which left time for one of their players to get into some trouble with the law.

Los Angeles Daily News reports that Westbrooks was arrested in Bakersfield, California over the weekend. Per the report, Westbrooks was pulled over by police for speeding and the officers subsequently found a gun registered to someone other than Westbrooks in the car."

Vincent Bonsignore of the Los Angeles Daily News reports that Westbrooks was arrested in Bakersfield, California over the weekend. Per the report, Westbrooks was pulled over by police for speeding and the officers subsequently found a gun registered to someone other than Westbrooks in the car.

Westbrooks has been released on bail and is expected to be at practice with the Rams on Monday.

Then the big question that remains is does he have a LTC in CA. Not sure what the law is on carrying a gun registered to someone else.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
See in MA, you carry it home, must be locked and as long as you have a LTC you are good. You register at time of purchase but we have the 10 grace period before you get the reg#
My wife wants a LTC. We are in Bedford. It just ain't gonna happen.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
My wife wants a LTC. We are in Bedford. It just ain't gonna happen.

You will be fine, I am one town over from you in Lexington, she just needs to take the course first.

Its Boston, Somerville and Cambridge where its tough to get it. And of course right in the city like Charlestown, Southie, Dorchester, etc.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
You will be fine, I am one town over from you in Lexington, she just needs to take the course first.
For a handgun? Everything I've heard is that the application process is aggressively designed to force you into a long rifle license, and any answer other than "I wish to exercise my right to own and carry a firearm" end with them telling you "Congrats, here's your rifle license, now go away."

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Man, if only he was an amazing pass rusher and just killed a woman drunk driving, I'd be totally fine with this.

I don't understand why you'd try to contrast this with Leonard Little. What does he have to do with this?

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
For a handgun? Everything I've heard is that the application process is aggressively designed to force you into a long rifle license, and any answer other than "I wish to exercise my right to own and carry a firearm" end with them telling you "Congrats, here's your rifle license, now go away."

Lol, yes very common. Just need a valid reason/excuse. We had a break in 8 years ago, so it was easy for us. Just dont go in and say I think it would be cool to carry a gun or have not real reason....then you will get a rifle lol. Make the reason about safety, protection etc, you should be fine. Site and local robberies in Bedford or any well reasoned excuse to carry a handgun.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Lol, yes very common. Just need a valid reason/excuse. We had a break in 8 years ago, so it was easy for us. Just dont go in and say I think it would be cool to carry a gun or have not real reason....then you will get a rifle lol. Make the reason about safety, protection etc, you should be fine. Site and local robberies in Bedford or any well reasoned excuse to carry a handgun.
...you got broken into in Lexington? I didn't think that happened. I guess I could cite that I got my car broken into twice when I lived in Back Bay, and it's made me concerned ever since... but that was, like, a decade ago.

~lyser

Rookie
According to Kern County CHP, Westbrooks was arrested for receiving known stolen property, carrying a loaded firearm, carrying a loaded stolen weapon, grand theft of firearm and possessing a high capacity large magazine.

You might call these "felonies".

Me and Ethan Westbrooks just call it "Saturday Night".

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
According to Kern County CHP, Westbrooks was arrested for receiving known stolen property, carrying a loaded firearm, carrying a loaded stolen weapon, grand theft of firearm and possessing a high capacity large magazine.

You might call these "felonies".

Me and Ethan Westbrooks just call it "Saturday Night".
Holy shit that's a big stack of charges.

Edit:

Grand theft of a firearm:
The potential penalties include sixteen (16) months, two (2) years or three (3) years in California state prison, and/or a fine of up to ten thousand dollars ($10,000)

Receiving stolen property:
In most cases, the California crime of receiving stolen property may be charged as either a California misdemeanor or a California felony.

However, if the total value of the property involved is nine hundred fifty dollars ($950) or less, then receiving stolen property can only be charged as a misdemeanor.3

Potential misdemeanor penalties under PC 496 include:

• up to one (1) year in county jail, and/or
  • a fine of up to one thousand dollars ($1,000).4
And for receiving stolen property charged as a felony, potential consequences include:

• sixteen (16) months, two (2) years or three (3) years in county jail, and/or
  • a fine of up to ten thousand dollars ($10,000).
Carrying a loaded firearm:
Carrying a loaded firearm in California is a misdemeanor offense pursuant to PC 25850

Carrying a loaded stolen weapon:
Doesn't seem to be a specific statute against carrying a loaded stolen weapon vs. carrying a loaded weapon and having a stolen weapon.

Edit 2: High-capacity magazine - this appears to have been struck down by the courts in California this summer, so shouldn't actually be a charge. I may be wrong.