ESPN ranks Rams 2022 rookie class 31st in the NFL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
One thing I noticed that Snead and McVay seem to be doing early on is they would pick up a need in free agency, (sometimes a mid-level or upper mid-level guy) and then they'll take another one in the draft to try to develop at that same position.

That way if one of them gets injured or the draft pick doesn't develop they can keep the free agent.

If the draft pick pans out, they can release the free agent with a back loaded contract.

I like the way they've built this team and I think we're going to like the way they rebuild it.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
As far as this draft; if we get two starters and two contributors out of it it'd be a hell of a draft.

Of course, the fact that your 1st pick is in the third round leaves out a lot of the marquee name players that may initially make it look like a good draft.

Have always thought that grading a draft can't be done *properly* until the third year.

I'm actually very hyped on our '22 draft potential and hyped on a relatively easy rebuild that will have us back in the playoffs next season.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
One of the problems last season was the 2019 draft class was heavily depended on and came up short.

Rapp and Scott are both run support types who struggle in coverage and have very little anticipation playing over the top.

Henderson was a mirage on the RB depth chart. Long didn't move the needle at all.

Edwards and Evans were hot garbage on the OL. Edwards in particular was a disappointment and Evans was only on the depth chart due to his draft value IMO.

Only one guy from that class is a player and we're about to lose him in FA (Gaines).

1674248036641.png

Looking ahead to next season we have the 2020 draft arriving in its third year.

Cam finally came back into form thank God. Jefferson has been solid and should be poised to have a good season.

Fuller I don't know what the deal is with his injury but hopefully he's back in good form for us because we need him.

Anchrum might be able to push for a job. And if he wins one maybe he can stay healthy.

This class has some potential still so I am hopeful.

1674249099562.png

Last edited: