Ernest Jones: Tutu Atwell has 'really taken the next step'

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I hope Tutu does play well. But Ernest was asked a question in an interview about who looks good in OTAs on the offense. So Atwell came to mind.

However the media has blown this up into some effusive praise that Jones went out of his way to heap on Atwell.

Keep it in context. It is OTAs

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
c'mon man, you are a fine poster, is that comment really necessary
train
Should have used Blue Font for sarcasm and humor.

Out of respect for you, I sincerely apologize.

I just don't share the optimism of many posters regarding the 2023 Rams.

In your prior post at the end of page 1, regarding Atwell, you wrote 'I'm really thinking Desean Jackson'.
That's extremely optimistic; and I really ... truly ... hope you are right. However, I just can't agree my friend.

Jackson was the 49th overall pick; and in his first two seasons had 124 receptions for 2,100 yards.
Atwell was the 57th overall pick; and in his first two seasons has 18 receptions for 300 yards.

nighttrain

Legend
Should have used Blue Font for sarcasm and humor.

Out of respect for you, I sincerely apologize.

I just don't share the optimism of many posters regarding the 2023 Rams.

In your prior post at the end of page 1, regarding Atwell, you wrote 'I'm really thinking Desean Jackson'.
That's extremely optimistic; and I really ... truly ... hope you are right. However, I just can't agree my friend.

Jackson was the 49th overall pick; and in his first two seasons had 124 receptions for 2,100 yards.
Atwell was the 57th overall pick; and in his first two seasons has 18 receptions for 300 yards.
I for sure am optimistic, but this is the time of year to be optimistic, after all, we, the Rams, are undefeated.
train
ps blue font would have been cool. peace

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I for sure am optimistic, but this is the time of year to be optimistic, after all, we, the Rams, are undefeated.
train
dca4bd4f931fa53ecff153e34b66e169.gif

I don't know how to place a gif in Blue Font.

Seriously though, two comments.

1st ... We're not that far apart. I am looking forward to the season, and I am hopeful. I will watch every single snap, tape every game I can and re-watch them. However, I just take an objective analysis seriously; and I don't see a good team in 2023.

2nd ... The Book of Mormon was a great fucking play!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
dca4bd4f931fa53ecff153e34b66e169.gif

I don't know how to place a gif in Blue Font.

Seriously though, two comments.

1st ... We're not that far apart. I am looking forward to the season, and I am hopeful. I will watch every single snap, tape every game I can and re-watch them. However, I just take an objective analysis seriously; and I don't see a good team in 2023.

2nd ... The Book of Mormon was a great fucking play!
Just use the "Loyal," since I am synonymous with BLUE FONT!
wXZcYiO.gif

Haden

Kurt Warner for President
Name
Dave
I am going to have to see it before I believe it that Atwell is even a WR3. I see him as a WR4 or 5. If he doesn't beat out Skow and Pua, the writing is on the wall for sure.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
My concern is every time he takes a hit, teams are like.....

i must break you dolph lundgren GIF

And I'm afraid they'll succeed.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I'm excited to see what Slow brings to the table next year. He has Kupp light attributes and has obviously learned a lot from him. He plays hard and has impressed me before he got injured. I think this might be a break out kinda year he indeed takes that next step.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Last year the line pretty much fucked Tutu cause we couldn't throw deep so why put him in. The dude has great hands and if Stafford has time the kid will surprise.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
As long as the O-line can give Stafford a second or two to let his WRs develop their routes, Atwell will be a genuine deep threat to keep defenses honest

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
nothing wrong with having Tutu's dancing in your head upon a midnight dreary.

if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.
Someone's been hitting the cellar reserves tonight. :laugh4:

Den's got some Barry white on the ipad, candles lit, and a fathead of you-know-who standing by on the wall.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I am going to have to see it before I believe it that Atwell is even a WR3. I see him as a WR4 or 5. If he doesn't beat out Skow and Pua, the writing is on the wall for sure.

Tutu is never going to be a guy who starts. His size and lack of full WR skillsets just don't make him that valuable. But 12-18 snaps a game seems pretty reasonable if he continues to take the next step.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I want Tutu to breakout, but the hell can you tell about him when everyone is playing in shorts?

Slow yur roll, slick!

…and against OUR unproven DBs, probably the worst position group on the team.

Yeah, take it down a notch for now.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Last year the line pretty much fucked Tutu cause we couldn't throw deep so why put him in. The dude has great hands and if Stafford has time the kid will surprise.

That’s a fair point—no time to throw deep. The problem with those quick out type patterns is they negate his speed by getting him horizontal to the LOS, allowing a defender to play an angle.

He did show me he has good hands last year, so there’s something positive going in; however, I’m gonna wait until we see him against another team’s secondary before I get too excited—ours isn’t really a good test just yet.

Back to your point, if the OL doesn’t do a better job of protecting Stafford and there’s no run game…Atwell will be a non factor. There’s a lot riding on this OL being better.