Ernest Jones Traded to Titans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
This one is an unexpected head scratcher. While Omar Speights is getting rave reviews, I don’t expect him to be ready to take Jones’ spot/role.

Is there an ILB who the Rams could trade for? Is there a veteran who could give us a solid year?

Questions abound.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Rams Fans: We want Speights on the team.

Wish Monkey Paw GIF by Leroy Patterson

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
last year of rookie contract , wants a long term deal ?

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
The Rams historically have never paid their LBs since McVay arrived and made due with Cory Littleton, who actually was quite solid for us, and have been basically patching it together ever since.

Maybe the offer on the table is far below what he feels is his fair market value, he got insulted, and wants out.

Either way, he is a good player, but not near good enough to be demanding a trade at this time of year IMO. Tons of players every year hit free agency. News flash - they tend to be of Jones' calibre (or lower).

The Rams are a "Me not We" franchise. It will be a big blow at LBer if we lose Jones but I won't lose sleep over it either because I suspect the Rams will survive it between a combo of next man up, scheming around the weakness, and their strong pro scouting department if we go external for reinforcement at the position.

Last edited:

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was kind of surprised when both sides decided to "play out the year" early on in the negotiations. I like Earnest but he is no Ray Lewis. Not sure what his market value is but I don't think anyone will trade for him... at least no good offers anyway.

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
Unbelievable. I really hope we can get a deal done, or at the least, get a solid player and/or draft pick in return. I’m surprised and annoyed by this one.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

the blurb at rotoworld is speculating that the rams might be letting other teams set the market value for jones so they can make an extension happen. could be true if jones values himself higher than what he's worth and it's in their price range.

muggmeister

Rookie
Looking at next years cap the Rams probably cant/don't want to pay an ILB $15M average per season, or even $12M. He will get something in that range. We need to keep some money free for our future LT, especially if we use our 1st to draft Staffords eventual replacement. Just business folks.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

the blurb at rotoworld is speculating that the rams might be letting other teams set the market value for jones so they can make an extension happen. could be true if jones values himself higher than what he's worth and it's in their price range.

Also contract negotiations 101 IMO.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I'm probably in the minority, but while Jones is said to be a great leader, it wouldn't shock me if he were dealt and the Rams defense didn't miss a beat.

Do the Falcons have any cap space or draft choices left?

Last edited:

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Whatever happened to playing out your contact and then getting a new contract. This crap is getting out of hand where the player thinks he is bigger than the team. This was a bullshit move by Jones and shows that is all about the money once again. He would have got paid after this season but like some many of these guys he acted like a spoiled child. If he wants to leave, I say F**k him.