Ereck Flowers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Josh Norris ‏@JoshNorris

Re: Ereck Flowers RT @jqmulligan: giants beat writers all say they're taking him at 9.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Josh Norris ‏@JoshNorris

Re: Ereck Flowers RT @jqmulligan: giants beat writers all say they're taking him at 9.

Is that assuming Scherff will still be on the board when they pick? Has Flowers really jumped ahead of Scherff on a lot of boards? I hope this happens! I would not be upset with Flowers but I still prefer Scherff!

V3

Hall of Fame
Gonna be sick if we pick Flowers.

Won't be watching the rest of the draft if we do.
Hey, that's how I felt with the Tavon Austin pick and I still stuck around. It was torture seeing Lacy drop so far to where we could have taken him in the 2nd round. I'm still pissed about it.....yet I stuck around for the rest of the draft.

The best advice I can give about the draft is to expect to be disappointed. That way you've had lots of time to prepare for it if it happens, and if it doesn't, it's like Christmas.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Is that assuming Scherff will still be on the board when they pick? Has Flowers really jumped ahead of Scherff on a lot of boards? I hope this happens! I would not be upset with Flowers but I still prefer Scherff!

I think most view Scherff as a guard and Flowers as a tackle.

The old code is still - a tackle has more value than a guard.

I expect Flowers at 9, Scherff at 10.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I think most view Scherff as a guard and Flowers as a tackle.

The old code is still - a tackle has more value than a guard.

I expect Flowers at 9, Scherff at 10.
I could dig that. Re-up Barksdale and you've got a line of Robinson-Scherff-Jones-Saffold-Barks. That's f'ing solid.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The Giants need a OT not a OG. They have great desires to move Pugh inside & find a new starting ORT. They also have desires to improve the pass protection @ the OLT post. So both OT posts would be heavily targeted through out the draft.

Brandon Scherff might be considered a start right OT by the Giants or may NOT that's the big question here on this pick before us.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
The Giants need a OT not a OG. They have great desires to move Pugh inside & find a new starting ORT. They also have desires to improve the pass protection @ the OLT post. So both OT posts would be heavily targeted through out the draft.

Brandon Scherff might be considered a start right OT by the Giants or may NOT that's the big question here on this pick before us.
I would think the Giants would be best suited to take Peat. He's the most likely guy to stick at LT in the NFL in this draft, and I think upgrading Beatty would be more impactful than upgrading Pugh.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I think the media is just catching up on what the league has thought all along. Flowers is the #1 tackle in this class.

He isn't a top 10 reach, he is a top 10 pick.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I think the media is just catching up on what the league has thought all along. Flowers is the #1 tackle in this class.

He isn't a top 10 reach, he is a top 10 pick.
I still think Peat is the #1 tackle... but once again, we're talking safe projectable tackle (Peat/Jake Matthews) vs. raw athleticism and upside (Flowers/GRob)

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I still think Peat is the #1 tackle... but once again, we're talking safe projectable tackle (Peat/Jake Matthews) vs. raw athleticism and upside (Flowers/GRob)

I agree w that assessment.

To be fair, Flowers isn't as good as GRob and Peat isn't as good as Matthews - but the comp is spot on.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey

To be fair, Flowers isn't as good as GRob and Peat isn't as good as Matthews - but the comp is spot on.
Oh, you're absolutely right... last year was a fantastic year to pick at #2 and need a tackle.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I would think the Giants would be best suited to take Peat. He's the most likely guy to stick at LT in the NFL in this draft, and I think upgrading Beatty would be more impactful than upgrading Pugh.

Sure looks to be a serious upgrade for this Giant OL IMO. Peat brings to the Giants team a possible starting OLT/ORT and can fill the swing OT roles also so you do get great value in this large tall framed prospect.

I think the media is just catching up on what the league has thought all along. Flowers is the #1 tackle in this class. He isn't a top 10 reach, he is a top 10 pick.

Its should be noted that I would be just fine :) with Flowers as a Ram first round pick. I still think he IS a reach. This NFL.com site has analyzed that Flowers is much more OG than OT.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/ereck-flowers?id=2552452

Just for information: Some have him graded as the #25th prospect not close to a top 10 pick. We will soon see.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/track...acker#dt-tabs:dt-by-grade/dt-by-grade-input:1

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/ereck-flowers?id=2552452

CBS has Flowers ranked & graded as a #22 top prospect in this draft.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings

Last edited:

jjab360

Legend

I think Peat is every bit as good as Matthews, maybe even better. Flowers otoh is probably a second round pick in most drafts. He has upside but nowhere near GRob upside and his technique is just godawful.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I think Peat is every bit as good as Matthews, maybe even better. Flowers otoh is probably a second round pick in most drafts. He has upside but nowhere near GRob upside and his technique is just godawful.
Meh, big nasty tackles with questionable technique go higher than expected almost every year (see DJ Fluker)

Memphis Ram

Legend
I've got Scherff off the board at #8 to Atlanta. Especially with the team talking trade with the Seahawks for Bruce Irvin.

Last edited: