Earl Thomas wants to resume his career

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
NFL%20178x142%20DarkGrey.png

EARL THOMASDB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports S Earl Thomas wants to resume his NFL career.​

The mercurial Thomas last played for the Ravens in 2019, and was released by the team in August 2020 for conduct detrimental to the team. Thomas reportedly fought teammates in training camp and had a domestic incident with his wife. The Texans and Cowboys kicked the proverbial tires on Thomas in 2020 but passed on the veteran safety. Entering his age-33 season, Thomas -- a seven-time Pro Bowler for the Seahawks' Legion of Boom secondary -- would likely have to take a one-year, prove-it deal if he wants to play in 2022.

I would be ok with the rams kicking the tires on him for vet minimum with no guaranteed money. I mean we need safety help and if hes got nothing left in the tank then just cut him in training camp.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not near as old as weddel was when he came off the couch to play and I'm sure he's still got more range then weddel or fuller back there if he's kept in shape

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hard pass. Dude's a head case.
My only question is, did the woman make him crazy? Not excusing his idiocy. Men & Women make each other do stupid crap all the time.

I tried playing Devils Advocate but you’re 100% correct lol

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't pretend to know anything about his mental state right now but if any group of players could keep him in line its this one.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
I don't pretend to know anything about his mental state right now but if any group of players could keep him in line its this one.
This. Many people underestimate the effectiveness of the culture Coach Mac and Les Snead have built.
If a guy like Earl Thomas were to come to the Rams House he knows that this is pretty much his best chance to get back into the NFL.
If he messes up it'll also be his last chance.
Offer him a one year prove it deal and go from there.

~ArkyRamsFan~

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Eric Weddle 2022 version? We can always us3 depth there just not sure what he has left. Plus like others have said watching Squawk fans meltdown is fun.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I'm not sure you fit the culture if you sleep with your brother naked chicks or no chicks dudes or no dudes....."alledgedly"

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
This. Many people underestimate the effectiveness of the culture Coach Mac and Les Snead have built.
If a guy like Earl Thomas were to come to the Rams House he knows that this is pretty much his best chance to get back into the NFL.
If he messes up it'll also be his last chance.
Offer him a one year prove it deal and go from there.

~ArkyRamsFan~

That is the beauty of having a Bobby Wagner & a Jalen RAMsey.Jalen is amazing,Bobby Wagner has played how many seasons with E. Thomas.
It’s based on relationships & if Jalen can’t get along with him along with Wagner then it’s a definite NO!!
Now if both players think it’s a good fit ? Then you’d consider it.Then again waiting after the draft & during OTA’s it gives The Rams time to evaluate the situation.
The off the field thing is what Sean Mcvay has to consider,along with what Raheem Morris thinks.Ram Fans sort of forgot or don’t understand that relationship & trust those 2 have together.
Les Snead & Kevin Demoff also have that kind of involvement as well.The organization has a Strong system in place & there is a lot of people that have a voice on certain player personal.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Didn't Earl Thomas' teammates hate him? The Rams have taken on other players with alleged attitude and/or character issues and had it work out just fine. So I will defer to the team's judgement on if they think Thomas can still play and, just as importantly, fit into the team culture. But being hated inside of your own locker-room is usually a pretty big red flag. I don't ever recall hearing that Ramsey, OBJ, Talib, Suh, etc. were disliked by their teammates before the Rams acquired them? I would tread carefully...

wmc540

Pro Bowler
I'm confident there were plenty of teammates that disliked player you mentioned

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Retirement's expensive. He's lookin for a check to refill that expense account. Go get him Seahawks! :laugh1:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
NFL%20178x142%20DarkGrey.png

EARL THOMASDB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports S Earl Thomas wants to resume his NFL career.​

The mercurial Thomas last played for the Ravens in 2019, and was released by the team in August 2020 for conduct detrimental to the team. Thomas reportedly fought teammates in training camp and had a domestic incident with his wife. The Texans and Cowboys kicked the proverbial tires on Thomas in 2020 but passed on the veteran safety. Entering his age-33 season, Thomas -- a seven-time Pro Bowler for the Seahawks' Legion of Boom secondary -- would likely have to take a one-year, prove-it deal if he wants to play in 2022.

I would be ok with the rams kicking the tires on him for vet minimum with no guaranteed money. I mean we need safety help and if hes got nothing left in the tank then just cut him in training camp.
No harm in looking