Earl Thomas wants to resume his career

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
My hard no is looking better and better.

Blue font of course.

But Will keep it in better taste than I could. Hitting a teammate for a blown coverage? Would fit right in with RAMsey.He’d have one less responsibility when Taylor Rapp blows a call. Say Earl take care of it.

I’m sure Bobby Wagner makes a great play & he says Earl let’s show Pete the Bird since it’s WE not ME here in LA.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I don't know man. I'm thinking a reunion with Seattle and Pete Carroll.

Imagine this scenario ... early-October-game ... Seahawks hold a one-score lead in the final minute ... opposition has the ball near midfield and needs a touchdown to win, attempts a long pass down-the-middle with Earl Thomas in deep coverage ready to make a play.

Instead of playing the ball, Thomas stops and turns to the sideline to give Carroll the middle-finger.

Now, THAT would be perfect.
I would have to ask myself .....is he really a needed commodity in order to get those two wins over the declining Seahawks?

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I would have to ask myself .....is he really a needed commodity in order to get those two wins over the declining Seahawks?
Yeah, that's why my post was snarky and absurd. Don't think a Thomas acquisition warrants consideration.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Necessary? No. But if he was a ‘clean’ player, I’d say a cheap one year contract on a veteran who once played at a very high level is always worth consideration.

However after the Tams draft it’s pretty clear that they never considered Earl Thomas as being worth a look.

I kind of assume that whatever inside info the public garners from news sources, the NFL Teams have a lot more on the players.

I think Jeff Fisher should give him a call.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Yeah, that's why my post was snarky and absurd. Don't think a Thomas acquisition warrants consideration.
I believe it's the right moment to start some early good conversations expressly on the Safety Unit as it is now. :bueller:I will wait a bit to see if any member is glad to start a "new thread" on the now compiled 2022 safeties & their thoughts.

Meanwhile, after all the recent Snead drafted two safeties & his numerous added UDFA safety type signings now under a Ram contract that are calculated into the 90 Ram player team, in addition, add in the recent Ram safety releases...it sure looks to be a good conversation or @ at least an up to date review of what we will go into the early camps with.

Plus there are a few of the recent arriving CB's that are new that are hybrid safety/Nickleback corners too that might lean more safety as TC begins.

MY thoughts have been sprinkled in ROD on several posts the last few months after what I observed late last season when DC Morris lost both his starting safeties & was forced to make changes in his starting safeties. I am surprised that ROD has not had many discussions on this. I would be totally "pissed" :angry:if DC Morris marches out Fuller & Rapp once again as his starting safety duo.

IMO The Rapp/Fuller starting combo just did not come close to delivering on the field with anything close to a solid season. The injection of Scott/Weddle showed me what could be & those two new safeties paid off big dividends in the four postseason games.

Below are the safeties involved:

Last edited:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I think it's time to start some early good conversations expressly on the Safety Unit as it is now. :bueller: I will wait a bit to see if any member is willing to start a "new thread" on the now compiled 2022 safeties & their thoughts.

Below are the safeties involved:

Brooks is already gone.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I have a better chance of fitting into the tux I rented when I got married 32 years ago than Earl Thomas has of ever playing another down in the NFL... and I'm literally twice the weight I was then... and haven't grown a damn single inch taller...dammit...

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
how to mess up your "comeback":