Eagles players are grappling for answers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am picking the Eagles this week.

But, that's just me. :sneaky:

iced

I am picking the Eagles this week.

But, that's just me. :sneaky:

without Murray and that horrible line against the Jets D in Bowles scheme?

i'll just say i'm rollin with jets d in fantasy and fan duel leagues (As well as arizona and seattle)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
without Murray and that horrible line against the Jets D in Bowles scheme?

i'll just say i'm rollin with jets d in fantasy and fan duel leagues (As well as arizona and seattle)

They are due.

But, I didn't know Murray was out?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, keep grappling until you're 0-16 and we get your draft pick.
Figure it out next year if you want, but keep doing what you're doing for now and I'm cool with that too.
09_x_marks_the_spot.jpg

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If Bradford isn't worried he's crazy. Sanchez is a better QB and the reason Bradford is starting is Chippers ego. Sanchez outplayed him (debatable of course) in pre season but Bradford looked better in practice.

But as we Rams fans know, give Bradford a red jersey and 5 seconds in the pocket and he will hurt you.

I do think he's worried. I think he took the security of his job for granted being with a team like the Rams. No way he's taking it for granted now lol. Question is whether he can handle lookin over his shoulder after a bad game or if it will make him better.

Not rooting against Sam, either. Clearly the best case scenario for us is him playing well. But I just think that over the years we've lived with that assumption that greatness was something being held back from Sam, and maybe that's not the case. Maybe he's just a flag football type QB that can't handle the physical NFL game. Should be very interesting to watch that unfold. Sam's future is on the line this season, maybe he's gonna end up sorry he didn't give the Rams a discounted extension.

I can live with that too, btw. Nothing better than watching someone reap what they sow.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I do think he's worried. I think he took the security of his job for granted being with a team like the Rams. No way he's taking it for granted now lol. Question is whether he can handle lookin over his shoulder after a bad game or if it will make him better.

Not rooting against Sam, either. Clearly the best case scenario for us is him playing well. But I just think that over the years we've lived with that assumption that greatness was something being held back from Sam, and maybe that's not the case. Maybe he's just a flag football type QB that can't handle the physical NFL game. Should be very interesting to watch that unfold. Sam's future is on the line this season, maybe he's gonna end up sorry he didn't give the Rams a discounted extension.

I can live with that too, btw. Nothing better than watching someone reap what they sow.

Life isn't easy.

You eat what you kill.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Haha, Sanchez. Once they go to him you know their season is over. Love how many are quick to put the boot in. Kelly knows Sam is his best shot. Once they get it worked out things will change.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4

I think from a financial standpoint he was never going to give a discount. Rams or Eagles, his plan was to bank on his health and exploit the lack of QBs in the league. If he had gotten hurt this year the Rams would have most likely cut him even with the discounted extension. He probably figures (rightly I'd say) that if he stays healthy and plays even average he'd be worth a fair amount on the open market. But if he gave the discount and got hurt again he'd be out the contract money plus out of a job.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Haha, Sanchez. Once they go to him you know their season is over. Love how many are quick to put the boot in. Kelly knows Sam is his best shot. Once they get it worked out things will change.

IDK Sanchez has the ability to run a tad and is not afraid to take a hit...IMO Bradford's got two more quarters to make things work or he could be sitting on the sidelines the rest of the year.

Sam is not one for rallying the troops Sanchez has more of that ability and right now the Eagles need a spark. Now if Bradford against the Jets leads the Eagles to quick points right from the outset then everything is moot, but I would not be shocked if the Eagles struggle again in the first half, Kelly goes to Sanchez in the 2nd half.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2572097-bart-scott-says-he-hopes-chip-kelly-loses-every-game

Bart Scott Says He Hopes Chip Kelly 'Loses Every Game'
By Joe Pantorno, Featured Columnist Sep 25, 2015

hi-res-f68c879eeac82ef2156aac79d715164f_crop_north.jpg

Former New York Jets linebacker Bart Scott can't wait for his old team to play Chip Kelly's Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday. But it's not for the reasons you might think.

Sure, Scott is supporting the Jets like many alumni would, but after speaking with WFAN in New York, it seems he has not taken a liking to the Eagles head coach, according to Matt Lombardo of NJ.com.

In fact, Scott stated that he hopes Kelly "loses every single game."

Lombardo transcribed Scott's interview:

I’m rooting for the Jets. Not just because I played for the Jets, but because I love a good car crash. I love a good accident waiting to happen. You have one guy who thinks he’s the smartest guy in the world. Trust me, I played for Brian Billick, so I’m used to being around guys that believe that they’re really smart, and Brian was. But come on now, are you kidding me?

This guy needs to figure out what time to get a protein shake because obviously he’s giving the protein shakes at the wrong time, with his scientists and stuff that he has back there, because his teams aren’t ready to play in the first half.

It looks like Scott thinks Kelly is a bit too big for his britches, overanalyzing all aspects of his offense and treating his players poorly:

He can’t win. You know why he can’t win? Because you can’t win and tell people that you devalue great players and get rid of them just because you want to. So I think there’s a little bit of karma coming back to
him. Nelson Agholor hasn’t replaced Jeremy Maclin. JeremyMaclin was a class act guy. You can’t just replace people like they’re things, you know what I mean? Like they’re toys that you’re tired of playing with because you want something new. So I hope that he loses. I hope he loses every game.

Scott is of course referring to former Eagles wide receiver Jeremy Maclin, who put up a career-high 1,318 yards last season and signed as a free agent with the Kansas City Chiefs during the offseason.

Rookie Nelson Agholor isn't exactly on pace for Maclin-like numbers, recording four catches for 36 yards in his first two games. Then again, it's not just Agholor who is struggling under Kelly this season. During Week 2 against the Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia gained just 226 yards, and new running back DeMarco Murray has recorded just 11 total rushing yards all season.

It even prompted ESPN's Mike Greenberg to tweet this during the team's last game:

Mike Greenberg
âś”@Espngreeny

The #Eagles offense looks just awful.

So it looks like Scott is getting his wish so far. The Eagles are 0-2 and taking on a Jets team that handled Andrew Luck and the Indianapolis Colts quite well Monday night. But after seeing these comments, it's safe to say Kelly has some bulletin board material to push his team a bit more in the coming days.

Still, the fact that he has no connection to the man certainly may make football fans wonder why Scott is going after Kelly.

Stats courtesy of Pro-Football-Reference.com

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
For future reference if you want to be a good football coach always talk up your players not your system....Dick Vermeil was a master at that I remember Vermeil saying to Az Hakim when he was injured and not playing during warm ups "I'm not as good with you not playing today." Always be humble that will serve you well.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I blame Chip, not Bradford. The guy completely blew the team up out of hubris and now he's paying for it. You don't just drop two starting WRs, your starting RB, your starting QB and your starting LG and expect everything to look great when you add a guy who's never not played with that great Dallas line, a rookie and a perennial 3rd WR and a guy who hasn't been the same since he left the embrace of Romo, a guy who was out for almost 2 years and some stop gap guards.

That shit isn't going to cut it and it shows, the offense is sluggish, out of sync and just don't look like they're on the same page. Did he really believe he could just recreate an entire team nucleus and have it stick overnight?

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
I told y'all this was coming. Some of you didn't believe me. :huh:

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
I didn't catch your Philadelphia Eagle prediction, what was it?
That they were going to suck...lol
And Murray would get hurt, which has also already happened. It's still early, but I don't really see them turning it around too much.