Eagles players are grappling for answers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
It was weird watching Bradford out there. It was painfully familiar - I found myself rooting for him - and not being all that surprised when his team fell short. Not to give up on him - cause there is a lot of season left and you just never know - but I wonder if he is shell shocked or just not that good at this level.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, keep grappling until you're 0-16 and we get your draft pick.
Figure it out next year if you want, but keep doing what you're doing for now and I'm cool with that too.

Before the season some of us made joking/optimistic comments about getting the first pick in the second round.

Not such a big joke or that unrealistic now.

I'm sure they'll run off some wins at some point - but they sure look a mess.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ng-isnt-too-predictable-problem-is-execution/

Chip Kelly: My play calling isn’t too predictable, problem is execution
Posted by Michael David Smith on September 23, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptyzzjdmngzlmzg4njeynzy3nmfmzta4zgqyothmytm2.jpeg
AP

Chip Kelly says criticism of his play calling is not the problem on the 0-2 Eagles. The problem is the players’ execution.

Asked about criticisms that the Eagles’ offense is too predictable and opposing defenses have figured them out, Kelly said the reality is that the Eagles aren’t that predictable. They just need the players to run the plays better.

“I think we’ve been varied in our two games, and through our preseason and everything, we’ve been doing a different job, changing formations and things like that. When you’re not successful, I think guys are grasping at excuses, to be honest with you. We still need to block and tackle,” Kelly said. “What I’m saying is we need to execute.”

There’s little doubt that the Eagles need to execute better, but Kelly’s comments come across like he’s blaming his players instead of looking in the mirror. And even if the blame is on the players, they’re Kelly’s hand-picked players running Kelly’s system. It’s his job to get results.

So far, Kelly’s results are 0-2.

V3

Hall of Fame
I hate to keep pounding this drum but when is the NFL going to realize that having a great guard or RT is every bit as important as having a great WR. Every year same story in the off season

"He makes too much money for a guard. Let him go."
"You don't take a RT at ten in the draft."

And every year teams with offensive potential like the Eagles or teams with marquee players struggle because they can't block a DT or can't read a blitz or can't move the pile to gain positive rushing yards.
Especially with a QB like Bradford. IMO he needs a near perfect O-line to perform at a high level. Some QBs can perform well with bad O-lines. Bradford isn't one of them. Kelly should have known that before he traded for him or at least made the proper moves to ensure that the line was good.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Bradford has a bazooka arm but keeps getting stuck in these offense that could get by with a bb gun arm.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Should the next GM that Kelly wants to make a trade with just Junk Punch him? Then say no to the trade and say, "that's for your own good. Trust me, that punch in the dick was a lot less painful than if I'd have taken your trade."

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Especially with a QB like Bradford. IMO he needs a near perfect O-line to perform at a high level. Some QBs can perform well with bad O-lines. Bradford isn't one of them. Kelly should have known that before he traded for him or at least made the proper moves to ensure that the line was good.
Except the pass pro has been good, really good. Cant blame the oline for Bradford's poor performance.
Starting to see the beginnings of kissing that 4th rounder good bye

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The loss of the threat of the QB running has stripped his offense. The holes for the backs aren't the same. They key in on DeMarco....It's funny when one of the linemen said their line is as good as Dallas' line, and they got rid of their starting guards...Drops are a result of getting rid of your top 2 wrs in back to back years....It's comical & Chip is to blame. Ego is a
mutha fucka

V3

Hall of Fame
Except the pass pro has been good, really good. Cant blame the oline for Bradford's poor performance.
Hmm. Haven't watched that much of them. That's surprising to hear. That's not good.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Well, if he keeps leading them to losses for a while, the higher second rounder will make up for losing a 4th.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I don't see how losing the threat of a QB running has hurt them because their last QB was Foles. He's right the problem is execution. Too bad that he's the one responsible. Those are all his chosen players. A familiar story for us.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I always wondered if at least some of those dropped passes were because he throws too hard. I know it is the receivers job to catch the ball, but the correlation is there right?

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Fole had a down game last week. But it was a great game if you compare it to poor Sam's Philly debut.

Looking like a great trade more all the time.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Murray left practice yesterday with a tweeked hamstring. He probably will not miss too much time, but It's not going to help.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ery-confident-eagles-will-fix-offensive-mess/

Sam Bradford “very confident” Eagles will fix offensive mess
Posted by Darin Gantt on September 25, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwvlyzdkmwq5y2nkzdrjzwvlywezzjnmm2y3ywy0nzq3.jpeg
AP

The Eagles have given little reason for confidence during an 0-2 start in which their offense in particular has looked inept.

But even though they’re facing one of the league’s top defenses this week in the Jets, quarterback Sam Bradford insists that things are fine.

I’m very confident,” Bradford said, via Darryl Slater of NJ.com. “I’ve got no doubt in my mind. I think you look at some of the things that we did during training camp, some of the things that we did during preseason, what some of these guys have done here in the past, and we know that we’re capable of it.

“I’m not sure if it was a matter of us pressing a little bit in the first two games, trying to make plays, and trying to do more than we needed to do. But I think that we are very capable of coming out and doing those little things, because we have done them right before.”

Bradford said the issue was one of fine points rather than big issues, “and not taking the small details for granted.”

But the small detail of a possible 0-3 start is something they can’t neglect either, as they’re preparing to face a defense better than the first two who shackled them.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ery-confident-eagles-will-fix-offensive-mess/

Sam Bradford “very confident” Eagles will fix offensive mess
Posted by Darin Gantt on September 25, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwvlyzdkmwq5y2nkzdrjzwvlywezzjnmm2y3ywy0nzq3.jpeg
AP

The Eagles have given little reason for confidence during an 0-2 start in which their offense in particular has looked inept.

But even though they’re facing one of the league’s top defenses this week in the Jets, quarterback Sam Bradford insists that things are fine.

I’m very confident,” Bradford said, via Darryl Slater of NJ.com. “I’ve got no doubt in my mind. I think you look at some of the things that we did during training camp, some of the things that we did during preseason, what some of these guys have done here in the past, and we know that we’re capable of it.

“I’m not sure if it was a matter of us pressing a little bit in the first two games, trying to make plays, and trying to do more than we needed to do. But I think that we are very capable of coming out and doing those little things, because we have done them right before.”

Bradford said the issue was one of fine points rather than big issues, “and not taking the small details for granted.”

But the small detail of a possible 0-3 start is something they can’t neglect either, as they’re preparing to face a defense better than the first two who shackled them.
I just wonder what our Draft pick, from Philly, will look like, after they Finish the Season 6-10!?! ( the only reason I have them finishing that well is because of the Div. they are in!:LOL:)

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Eagles have fundamental problems all over. But they also need a guy at QB who picks up the team and challenges them in the huddle, not to mention a guy who can execute what Kelly wants which is an aggressive passing game. Bradford is mentally timid, he likes to make throws when guys are wide open. Anyway, they just look flat to me, much like the Rams offense for so many years with Bradford.

The good thing for Philly is Kelly is an elite offensive coordinator. That can mask a lot of deficiencies, and at some point they'll resume scoring a lot of points because he'll get that unit rolling.

I think Bradford is going to be looking over his shoulder soon if he's not already doing so. That is something he never had to do with Fish, so who knows maybe it will be good for him. Either way he better raise the bar soon or Chip will try to shake things up with Sanchez. Chip doesn't mess around and isn't worried about QB feelings.

If Bradford isn't worried he's crazy. Sanchez is a better QB and the reason Bradford is starting is Chippers ego. Sanchez outplayed him (debatable of course) in pre season but Bradford looked better in practice.

But as we Rams fans know, give Bradford a red jersey and 5 seconds in the pocket and he will hurt you.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Sam Bradford is the least photogenic person I've ever seen.

You should see my mother. How a normal looking women can convert herself into a troll in less than a second has been a source of family hilarity for years.