Eagles' Carson Wentz fires back at criticism over 'hunting buddy' dog

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
What exactly is everyone getting worked up about? The dead birds in his photo, or the implied position that football isn’t ranked as high?

Regardless seem like much about nothing to me.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2018/...back-at-criticism-over-hunting-buddy-dog.html

Eagles' Carson Wentz fires back at criticism over 'hunting buddy' dog

Before his season was ended by a knee injury, Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz was making news for his playmaking ability.

Tuesday, the MVP candidate made headlines with his response to a Twitter user who was critical of a hunting photo he posted to wish one of his dogs a happy birthday.

View: https://twitter.com/cj_wentz/status/947960055802073088

Wentz, known to be an avid hunter, took to Twitter late Monday night to wish his dog, Henley, a Happy 5th Birthday. In his tweet he included a photo of the dog when she was a puppy, and a photo of her standing over several geese following an apparently successful day of hunting.

One follower responded to Wentz’s tweet saying in part, “As a friend I wanted to quickly highlight that a man in your influential position might cause offence (sic) through the posting of your first picture. I support its sentiment however the context and content of the pic could offend.”

Wentz then shared that user's tweet and included his response to the user’s claim the photo could be offensive.

“Appreciate that, but offensive and controversial? Two of the main things I tweet about are Jesus and hunting. That’s what I’m passionate about and that won’t ever change! When you love something, you talk about it! Stay convicted about it and don’t worry what others think!” Wentz wrote.

Wentz’s response has since been retweeted thousands of times and liked nearly 30,000 times.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Social media and reality TV shows have warped Americans even more than they were warped before.

It's just terrible to see this unfolding.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Social media and reality TV shows have warped Americans even more than they were warped before.

It's just terrible to see this unfolding.

Yeah. I wasn’t sure to post this.

It feels like “drama” to me. But, it’s the star QB of the top seeded team in the NFC and it caught my eye.

He loves his dog. He posted pics.

Pretty innocent.

To me, anyway.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Facebook is for the lonely and Twitter is where irrelevant people go to be relevant....And again the people who communicate about not judging are the first ones to judge...My God I like Wentz even more, but the backlash because he believes in God the Almighty & hunting might just be his undoing....Good for you Mr. Wentz, it's refreshing! Others....Stay in your lane!

Psycho_X

Legend
I hate it because it makes me like the guy even more and I hate liking Eagles players. Him and Chris Long are really killing me.

But yeah, people are morons. What's even more dumb is why main stream media outlets spend time writing a non-story about someone getting upset on twitter. They wonder why no one takes them seriously anymore.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I will never understand how people get enjoyment from killing other living things for fun.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yeah. I wasn’t sure to post this.

It feels like “drama” to me. But, it’s the star QB of the top seeded team in the NFC and it caught my eye.

He loves his dog. He posted pics.

Pretty innocent.

To me, anyway.

It's completely harmless and the response is silly.

I will never understand how people get enjoyment from killing other living things for fun.

It's not for me either, at all. But I don't begrudge things like birds or deer and animals that are eaten and plentiful.

Now the guy who shot the lion off the reserve should be in jail. After a complete and thorough beat down.

Last edited:

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
coffee.gif

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Different culture, that is not less than anyone else's. There is no layer of separation between the reality of killing animals for meat, unlike when most of us buy processed meat by the pound at the supermarket

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
A real "non-story" story! A great looking Dog! " Happy Birthday Henley"!!

BadCompany

Rookie
What I find funny... actually no, disturbing... is the outrage over the "outrage". People are getting all worked up over the "political correctness" of it all, and bemoaning the fate/state of society because of... one tweet? By one guy? Who said that he appreciated the sentiment but that the "content COULD offend?" (my emphasis). Really? We're going to get all worked up over that one tweet, blast it on the front page of major news organizations, and scream that the world is going to hell in a hand-basket because ONE guy said that somebody else, some unnamed and unidentified people, COULD be offended?

And then we scream about being too sensitive? Seriously, who is being sensitive here? I checked the whole twitter thread, and unless I missed something Wentz wasn't being slammed by anybody. One guy, who appears to support hunting, thought that others might be offended and tried to pre-emptively protect Wentz. And everybody else is getting upset because... why again? As far as I can tell there is no righteous crusade to get Wentz thrown in jail, so I'm not sure where the outrage over the "outrage" is coming from.

I'm sure PETA will now take this opportunity to say something, because that's what they do. And the "controversy" which did not exist, will now exist. But come on. Nobody was, or even is, upset by Wentz's photo. And yet we're all going to get mad at these people who don't even exist, and call THEM too sensitive?

Manufactured controversy, in it's finest.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't really care about the tweet. We have a playoff game Saturday night, so don't care.

fearsomefour

Legend
It's a strange mentality we have in our country (and others).
To each their own it seems, is an attitude of the past.
If someone is into something you're not into or you think is stupid, pointless or bad, as long as it wasn't affecting you directly....guess what a person, a grown up with their own concerns, an adult would do? They might mutter to themselves about the stupidly or comment to someone with them and then....get on with their day. Didn't matter really. To each their own.
Now this mix of emotional fragility and fake moral superiority is so pathalogocally narcissistic and phony. Really destructive and strange. To me this is the same person who puts a bumper sticker on their car and feels like they have done something. They have not. They've done nothing.
It is the same lack of self awareness that would see someone driving their Toyota to a protest march against corporate greed and then post pictures from their IPhone to Facebook. Fools basically.
It is bizarre to me. The idea that things offend someone is fine. The point we are at now....that no one should have to see or hear ideas they don't agree with....this was the end game of PCism (where this all comes from) all along. Don't allow debate or conversation and control people through this weird public shaming.
F that.
I only hope Wentz doesn't apologize. If it is not wrong to your personal code or believe system, don't apologize.

fearsomefour

Legend
What I find funny... actually no, disturbing... is the outrage over the "outrage". People are getting all worked up over the "political correctness" of it all, and bemoaning the fate/state of society because of... one tweet? By one guy? Who said that he appreciated the sentiment but that the "content COULD offend?" (my emphasis). Really? We're going to get all worked up over that one tweet, blast it on the front page of major news organizations, and scream that the world is going to hell in a hand-basket because ONE guy said that somebody else, some unnamed and unidentified people, COULD be offended?

And then we scream about being too sensitive? Seriously, who is being sensitive here? I checked the whole twitter thread, and unless I missed something Wentz wasn't being slammed by anybody. One guy, who appears to support hunting, thought that others might be offended and tried to pre-emptively protect Wentz. And everybody else is getting upset because... why again? As far as I can tell there is no righteous crusade to get Wentz thrown in jail, so I'm not sure where the outrage over the "outrage" is coming from.

I'm sure PETA will now take this opportunity to say something, because that's what they do. And the "controversy" which did not exist, will now exist. But come on. Nobody was, or even is, upset by Wentz's photo. And yet we're all going to get mad at these people who don't even exist, and call THEM too sensitive?

Manufactured controversy, in it's finest.
True.
Although I have to deal with these type of idiots at work. It makes me crazy.
In some ways, the PC police really are mentally ill in my opinion.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
As a friend I wanted to quickly highlight that a man in your influential position might cause offence
That's offensive.
How do you know he identifies as a man?

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I'm not a hunter. Every time I hold a gun it feels dark and wrong, like I'm reconnecting to a past life where I was responsible for a lot of shit going down via the boom stick.

Not a fan of most religions either. Can't see how they seem to go hand in hand with guns. Would Jesus be a member of the NRA and be cool with killing God's perfect creations for sport?

I do however think hunting is the most humane way to get your meat and as long as your religion isn't killing or hurting people in the name of it, then I see it being a positive force but Jesus Christ people wentz seems like a good kid so why not just let him be. I mean talk about an overblown lot of nothing. I'd trust him with my daughter-if I had one. Now, come next season ill want Donald to make a rematch miserable but I'm glad he's not letting that tweeters negative response get to him.