Dunbar(LB) Announced Via Twitter That He's a Ram

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Ramhusker said:
DR RAM said:
I hope that this is a good signing and we can plug him at the Will. I don't know much about him.

Drafting a Sam? I know we've looked at a couple. D. Hightower in horns if he makes it to the 2nd round?

Does UNC's Zach Brown fit that bill Dr? Anyone else that may be there in the 2nd or 3rd round?

Thought Hightower is viewed as exclusively a ILB?

Brown would be nice. I love his athleticism but I hated what Cossell said about him. He said he is an "avoid contact" type player.

Dunbar probably slides into the SLB slot. One guy I love that could fill our WLB slot is Travis Lewis.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
libertadrocks said:
Ramhusker said:
DR RAM said:
I hope that this is a good signing and we can plug him at the Will. I don't know much about him.

Drafting a Sam? I know we've looked at a couple. D. Hightower in horns if he makes it to the 2nd round?

Does UNC's Zach Brown fit that bill Dr? Anyone else that may be there in the 2nd or 3rd round?

Brown would be nice. I love his athleticism but I hated what Cossell said about him. He said he is an "avoid contact" type player.

Dunbar probably slides into the SLB slot. One guy I love that could fill our WLB slot is Travis Lewis.

Wouldn't mind seeing Lavonte David in the 2nd round. Maybe go with a DT first and David at 39. He's not a really big guy, but talk about dudes with a motor and who give it their all, he fits the bill.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Warner4Prez said:
libertadrocks said:
Ramhusker said:
DR RAM said:

Wouldn't mind seeing Lavonte David in the 2nd round. Maybe go with a DT first and David at 39. He's not a really big guy, but talk about dudes with a motor and who give it their all, he fits the bill.

Oh yeah, Lavonte David has that "it" factor. He's always around the ball and has great speed, a sure tackler, and seems pretty smart. His size, 226lbs, is a little small for a LB in the NFL but in today's pass happy league, he might be perfect. I wish he would be there in the top of the 3rd but I doubt it. If the Rams want him, he might be had at 39 but not much after that.

steferfootball

Starter
Warner4Prez said:
Paul Allen from KFAN in Minneapolis has had Leber on the radio a couple of times and Leber has basically said as much. That the system was a bit much to adjust to and it was hard because everyone was teaching street FA's on the fly due to injuries and it had basically became a MASH unit and hard to focus on the upcoming games.
He also mentioned that everyone in the locker room had an ominous feel due to the hot seat talk that swirled around DeSpags. I can't find the exact link for the audio...it's buried in there back in January I think.
It is really sad to see such a promising coaching staff to end that way.

But ultimately, they knew it was a shortened offseason...shouldda dumbed it down more I guess. Perhaps even with the injuries they get a few more wins and keep their jobs.

Whatever. It is what it is.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
libertadrocks said:
Ramhusker said:
DR RAM said:

No, he's athletic enough to be a SAM, and can do some pass rushing if needed. I think Dunbar would be too small for the strong side. I think Brown is more of a Will, the way he plays. Travis Lewis, Nigel Bradham. Bruce Irvin, K. Robinson, R. Lewis, are a few names. I know the Rams have worked out Hightower.

Maybe someone can tell me what Fisher likes in a SAM. I like a big, tall, sturdy SAM that can hold up against the rush, but can also get to the edge and cover a TE. I know the perfect player.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
My outside linebacker pick is Danny Trevathan. He's undersized (6'1", 239 lbs), but he consistently made more splash plays than any other linebacker in this class not named Kuechly - and that was on a team that was bad enough to miss the bowl games altogether. He's purely weakside, but he'd be a great value in the fourth round. He could be insurance in case Dunbar doesn't pan out or could be used as a special teams role player in his first year.

I don't think that there's a starting calibre strongside linebacker in this class aside from Ronnell Lewis. The others look more like depth. If we picked Lewis with one of our second round picks instead of Zach Brown, I'd be pretty happy with that. In a lot of the mocks I'm seeing, it looks like his stock is falling for some reason or other.

Here's two scouting videos on both of them:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AUk2rRlF8[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNyYUNe4WHM[/youtube]

Edit: Found another one on Trevathan:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NldlR1nmvI[/youtube]

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Memento said:
My outside linebacker pick is Danny Trevathan. He's undersized (6'1", 239 lbs), but he consistently made more splash plays than any other linebacker in this class not named Kuechly - and that was on a team that was bad enough to miss the bowl games altogether. He's purely weakside, but he'd be a great value in the fourth round. He could be insurance in case Dunbar doesn't pan out or could be used as a special teams role player in his first year.

I don't think that there's a starting calibre strongside linebacker in this class aside from Ronnell Lewis. The others look more like depth. If we picked Lewis with one of our second round picks instead of Zach Brown, I'd be pretty happy with that. In a lot of the mocks I'm seeing, it looks like his stock is falling for some reason or other.

You don't think Hightower could play the strong side? I'm all for Lewis. He's a stud.

Travathan is a pretty decent player, not super explosive, but can make it from sideline to sideline, and appears to have good instincts, recognition skills.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
DR RAM said:
Memento said:

You don't think Hightower could play the strong side? I'm all for Lewis.

Travathan is a pretty decent player, not super explosive, but can make it from sideline to sideline, and appears to have good instincts, recognition skills.

Hightower doesn't look like he has the range for the outside, and that season ending knee injury he had doesn't ease my concerns. He's strictly a 3-4 inside linebacker, but he'll be a damn good one. He could easily go to the Steelers, and he won't drop past the Ravens.

I love Trevathan's instincts. He doesn't have elite explosion, but he always seems to fly to where the ball is, and he's got very good range. I've seen Lance Briggs comparisons. No, I don't think that he'll be as good as Briggs is, but Trevathan is a very similar player in both size and skillset.

superfan24

Starter
Memento/Dr. Ram-
Have either of you watched film on Darius Fleming. He was 3-4 LB, but was wondering what your opinions are on if he can adjust to a 4-3?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
superfan24 said:
Memento/Dr. Ram-
Have either of you watched film on Darius Fleming. He was 3-4 LB, but was wondering what your opinions are on if he can adjust to a 4-3?
I've seen him play, but he didn't stand out to me. I have not scouted him. I'd have to see him play in space. His size/speed combo looks good.