Dunbar(LB) Announced Via Twitter That He's a Ram

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Saints fans mostly all sad to see him go, some very angry. This dude must be good! Good signing again by the new and improved Rams. We will not be in the top 20 draft spots next year if this keeps going. :twisted:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Spags gets a linebacker familiar with his defense, and we get 1 familiar with ours. Win/win.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
An OLB that can solo tackle? They make those?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyV0SJxx0ak[/youtube]

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Just out of curiosity, who do we even have on the roster at OLB now? Is it as bleak as the DT situation (which is honestly just a draft pick or two away from being pretty damn good)? I know Chambo and Leber are gone, pretty sure Poppinga is gone also. Are we left with just Kehl and this guy?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'm freaking estatic! I know this guy wasn't even a starter for the Saints and he might be a better MLB than an OLB but he's versatile, on the rise, was liked by his teammates and the fans. And lord knows we need some LBs on this roster. Now go draft a quality one too.

NOW, he better be immune to any Goodall suspensions! That's the least the NFL office could do to pay the Rams back a little for the Williams ream job!

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Warner4Prez said:
Just out of curiosity, who do we even have on the roster at OLB now? Is it as bleak as the DT situation (which is honestly just a draft pick or two away from being pretty damn good)? I know Chambo and Leber are gone, pretty sure Poppinga is gone also. Are we left with just Kehl and this guy?

That will make the roster.... Dunbar. That's it.

Kehl is a FA. Hopefully one we will bring back.

Currently on the roster we have JL, Hull, Dunbar, and Justin Cole(?)

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
RamsSince1969 said:
Saints fans mostly all sad to see him go, some very angry. This dude must be good! Good signing again by the new and improved Rams. We will not be in the top 20 draft spots next year if this keeps going. :twisted:

Yeah just based off numbers he's improved every year and still only what, 27. Hopefully this doesn't turn out to be another Ben Leber tho. I remember how excited I was to have a Poppinga, Laurinaitis, and Leber as the starting LBs.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Awesome signing. I think he might be a bit of an improvement over Chambo.

steferfootball

Starter
Angry Ram said:
RamsSince1969 said:

Yeah just based off numbers he's improved every year and still only what, 27. Hopefully this doesn't turn out to be another Ben Leber tho. I remember how excited I was to have a Poppinga, Laurinaitis, and Leber as the starting LBs.
I'm shocked those two weren’t the missing pieces to our championship run. :cheese:

But really, I don't have any idea what happened to Leber. Odd to see a veteran look lost like he did.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
steferfootball said:
Angry Ram said:
RamsSince1969 said:

I'm shocked those two weren’t the missing pieces to our championship run. :cheese:

But really, I don't have any idea what happened to Leber. Odd to see a veteran look lost like he did.
In my opinion, Leber just didn't "get it." And in his defense, he didn't have enough time to either. Just a shitty year for everyone that came onto this team and had to pick up those schemes. Spagnuolo's and McDaniels' systems aren't the easiest things to digest, let alone without the reps to get it down. Stupid labor dispute.

steferfootball

Starter
X said:
steferfootball said:
Angry Ram said:
RamsSince1969 said:

In my opinion, Leber just didn't "get it." And in his defense, he didn't have enough time to either. Just a cruddy year for everyone that came onto this team and had to pick up those schemes. Spagnuolo's and McDaniels' systems aren't the easiest things to digest, let alone without the reps to get it down. Stupid labor dispute.
Aside from Kendricks, Leber was probably the most lost player. At least Kendricks is a rookie.

I agree that the offseason hurt us a ton.

Our DTs play didn't do Leber any favors either.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Paul Allen from KFAN in Minneapolis has had Leber on the radio a couple of times and Leber has basically said as much. That the system was a bit much to adjust to and it was hard because everyone was teaching street FA's on the fly due to injuries and it had basically became a MASH unit and hard to focus on the upcoming games.
He also mentioned that everyone in the locker room had an ominous feel due to the hot seat talk that swirled around DeSpags. I can't find the exact link for the audio...it's buried in there back in January I think.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Glad to see him signed. That's one less hole.
I just wonder if Hull will get utilized more this season. Maybe Sam. or in the middle with JL sliding out to WIL in some packages. He can thump.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
@caplannfl Adam Caplan ‏
LB Jo-Lonn Dunbar's two-year deal with the #Rams could be worth around $5 M if he hits on all incentives/bonuses, according to a source.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Pieced together 3 plays from one game. Not many highlights of him out there.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef5awATyagU[/youtube]

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I hope that this is a good signing and we can plug him at the Will. I don't know much about him.

Drafting a Sam? I know we've looked at a couple. D. Hightower in horns if he makes it to the 2nd round?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
DR RAM said:
I hope that this is a good signing and we can plug him at the Will. I don't know much about him.

Drafting a Sam? I know we've looked at a couple. D. Hightower in horns if he makes it to the 2nd round?

Does UNC's Zach Brown fit that bill Dr? Anyone else that may be there in the 2nd or 3rd round?