Draft Thread of Days 1, 2, and 3

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
Re: Draft Day Thread Rounds 4-7

I see it now. On espn they show it . On nfl network I dont see it

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael

Brandon McGee-CB Miami for the fifth pick

Don't know much about him

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

brokeu91 said:

From detroitlionsdraft.com:

Brandon McGee never quite lived up to the expectations at Miami after being highly recruited, but progressed his game enough to merit a Shrine Game berth. He fared quite well in St. Petersburg, which led me to look deeper into McGee.

What I saw was an inconsistent talent with legit upside but a real need for coaching help. McGee has very good quickness and speed, and he is big enough in stature to handle playing at the next level. The problem is that he doesn’t play “big”. He is not soft, but rather lacks functional strength and exacerbates that issue by sometimes using poor fundamental technique. The effort and desire are there, and he is a player who could wind up being a better pro than collegian. McGee merits consideration in the 5th or 6th round and can immediately contribute on special teams. If the coaching clicks and he improves his on-field strength, he could emerge as a competent starter for a predominantly man-coverage scheme defense. —Jeff Risdon

bluecoconuts

Legend

Sounds like he just needs some coaching. He essentially replaces Fletcher... Not in talent of course, but it how often they will use him.... Which isn't much.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I would have taken Swope there

I would have brought in swope and made it a track race. Made some real competition. I wouldn't guarantee anyone a job and let the best 5 win

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael

Rams traded up and took Zac Stacey RB from Vandy

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

brokeu91 said:
Rams traded up and took Zac Stacey RB from Vandy

Not a fan, short and slow

jap

Legend

We're done! We gave up our two 6th rounders to move up grab Stacy who had two 1000-yard seasons.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael

jap said:
We're done! We gave up our two 6th rounders to move up grab Stacy who had two 1000-yard seasons.
The Rams must have really liked him to end their draft for him

had

Rookie

Memento said:
brokeu91 said:

From detroitlionsdraft.com:

Brandon McGee never quite lived up to the expectations at Miami after being highly recruited, but progressed his game enough to merit a Shrine Game berth. He fared quite well in St. Petersburg, which led me to look deeper into McGee.

What I saw was an inconsistent talent with legit upside but a real need for coaching help. McGee has very good quickness and speed, and he is big enough in stature to handle playing at the next level. The problem is that he doesn’t play “big”. He is not soft, but rather lacks functional strength and exacerbates that issue by sometimes using poor fundamental technique. The effort and desire are there, and he is a player who could wind up being a better pro than collegian. McGee merits consideration in the 5th or 6th round and can immediately contribute on special teams. If the coaching clicks and he improves his on-field strength, he could emerge as a competent starter for a predominantly man-coverage scheme defense. —Jeff Risdon

Don't know anything about this McGee kid, but after watching that video of him, it kind of looks like he doesn't like to hit, like that Carpenter (?) LB that was with the Rams for a minute.

Regardless, it looks llike the Rams will be fielding a fast, angry, renegade defense.

jap

Legend

had said:
Don't know anything about this McGee kid, but after watching that video of him, it kind of looks like he doesn't like to hit, like that Carpenter (?) LB that was with the Rams for a minute.

Regardless, it looks llike the Rams will be fielding a fast, angry, renegade defense.

He has strength and technique issues. Both will be remedied if he is serious about sticking with the team.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael

jap said:
had said:

He has strength and technique issues. Both will be remedied if he is serious about sticking with the team.
Well if Fisher can't motivate him, no one will

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

Baccarri Rambo to Washington in the 6th.
Damn,would've looked good on a Rams jersey. :tooth:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

This was a great draft guys. Applaud our whole staff.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael

DR RAM said:
This was a great draft guys. Applaud our whole staff.
I will...let's hope it works out