Draft Thread of Days 1, 2, and 3

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
Re: Draft Day Thread-1st round

A55VA6 said:
Trading into the 2nd round is a possibility. If theres a guy we like, we go and get him.

Don't think I've ever heard a Rams fan say that before ! What a difference Snead and Fisher have made. Sure is nice isn't it.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Draft Day Thread - 2nd & 3rd Round

This will be the round of QB's, DT's, and CB's, and the rest of the good LB's will go here, which bodes well for us. I think Damontre Moore will come off the board pretty quick, followed by a flurry of corners. I think Snead has this draft figured out. There are safety's, WR's, RB's, and OL that will be available in round 3.

Thoughts?

bluecoconuts

Legend
Re: 2nd Round

DR RAM said:
This will be the round of QB's, DT's, and CB's, and the rest of the good LB's will go here, which bodes well for us. I think Damontre Moore will come off the board pretty quick, followed by a flurry of corners. I think Snead has this draft figured out. There are safety's, WR's, RB's, and OL that will be available in round 3.

Thoughts?

That's what I'm thinking. We're going to be able to get a pretty solid S early in the third, and probably some depth on the O-Line/Secondary or another receiver in the third. Unless they go RB, but I'm still not convinced it's a huge need.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael

BuiltRamTough said:
In Snead I trust
I'll second that

I do think this is where a bunch of QBs go off the board. I think the first will be Geno Smith to the Jets (unless someone jumps them).

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

Oh yeah, and possibly 3 or 4 TE's will go off the board here.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member

Still some decent wideouts too that'll come off early if I had to guess.

Snead n El Peces have a pretty good record in later rounds of the draft. They'll have their eye on someone.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member

DR RAM said:
Oh yeah, and possibly 3 or 4 TE's will go off the board here.

Still can't believe Ertz wasn't picked last night. He's better than Eifert imo.

Slappy967

Starter

Still holding out hope for a massive Teo'esque slip that sends us Keenan Allen in the 3rd along with Baccari Rambo. Then one of the guards or Lattimore and I will declare the whole draft a win.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Re: Draft Day Thread-1st round

Cullen Bryant said:
A55VA6 said:
Trading into the 2nd round is a possibility. If theres a guy we like, we go and get him.

Don't think I've ever heard a Rams fan say that before ! What a difference Snead and Fisher have made. Sure is nice isn't it.
Excellent point.

Just think of the difference in confidence we fans now have in the front office, say, compared to pre-Snead/Fisher.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

Slappy967 said:
Still holding out hope for a massive Teo'esque slip that sends us Keenan Allen in the 3rd along with Baccari Rambo. Then one of the guards or Lattimore and I will declare the whole draft a win.
K.Allen in the 3rd would be a steal.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame

I'm hoping that Phillip Thomas / Barrett Jones / Robert Woods fall towards us :)

Slappy967

Starter

I don't see Woods falling as I think he can be an immediate game changer. Allen tho had a less than impressive pro day and coming off that injury teams seem worried. think he could be our Boldin and love his physicality and hands.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

I wouldn't take Keenan, IMO, he's too similar to players that we already have. Woods, Patton, King, Wheaton, Bailey, Stills, and Swope would offer us that diversity to where they can play multiple positions.

Or Hunter, Dobson, or Williams, could offer us that home-run deep threat, which would be awesome to pair with Givens if we could get one.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member

DR RAM said:
I wouldn't take Keenan, IMO, he's too similar to players that we already have. Woods, Patton, King, Wheaton, Bailey, Stills, and Swope would offer us that diversity to where they can play multiple positions.

Or Hunter, Dobson, or Williams, could offer us that home-run deep threat, which would be awesome to pair with Givens if we could get one.

We'll hit some deep HRs with Austin believe that. Cook too. We got 3 now.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

lockdnram21 said:
I highly doubt they take another receiver. It will be a safety and ol
I highly think they will, and then we'll sign one FA.

The Rams spent a ton of time and energy on scouting 2nd - 4th round receivers.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

Username said:
DR RAM said:

We'll hit some deep HRs with Austin believe that. Cook too. We got 3 now.
images

Me wantses MORE!

Pead, and DR are threats also....lotses and lotses of options, Smeagle happy.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

DR RAM said:

Like who? Maybe B.Quick or Pettis.
I'd like some insurance behind Pettis & Quick's development Doc. I like Allen's physicality and experience,and it would be solid value in the 3rd.

Thats my thinking anyway. I wish we had a crystal ball that said that Brian Quick was ready to be that guy opposite Givens...but i just dont see him all of a sudden becoming a heavy contributor in one offseason. He's gonna see alot of single coverage and that'll certainly help.

Swope is an interesting guy.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

mojorizen7 said:
DR RAM said:

Like who? Maybe B.Quick or Pettis.
I'd like some insurance behind Pettis & Quick's development Doc. I like Allen's physicality and experience,and it would be solid value in the 3rd.

Thats my thinking anyway. I wish we had a crystal ball that said that Brian Quick was ready to be that guy opposite Givens...but i just dont see him all of a sudden becoming a heavy contributor in one offseason. He's gonna see alot of single coverage and that'll certainly help.

Swope is an interesting guy.

I agree. Do you think Swope will be there in the 4th? I'd like that.

How many heads will explode if the Rams DON'T pick a Safety in the 3rd round? I kinda feel they will and they must but you never know. It wouldn't surprise me that the Rams draft with the 9th pick of the 3rd and then trade up into the 3rd again if the right guy is there. What would that cost? The 92nd pick and what else? A 5th?