Draft Possibilities First round (@ Pick 31)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So you are not worried much about his heart condition? Why not?

~ArkyRamsFan~

Doctors say he can play from what I heard. NFL teams tend to be overly cautious (remember Quinn falling due to his brain tumor).

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Doctors say he can play from what I heard. NFL teams tend to be overly cautious (remember Quinn falling due to his brain tumor).

Quinn also fell because of that booster scandal that Marvin Austin pushed him into. I don't think that Sweat falls to us, but I agree that he's our pick if he does - and he'd be a hell of a selection.

dang

Legend
So Sweat Simmons Gary and Polite possibly falling. I hope the Rams have one fall to them.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

So Sweat Simmons Gary and Polite possibly falling. I hope the Rams have one fall to them.

Re: fallers...

Simmons I don't think will fall too far tbh, provided everything is on track medically. When the tape is good that's going to limit too much a drop and the lineup of playoff teams and GMs in the 20s will be hard for him to get through. If he falls to us I think the Rams will take him and then scoop another DL later in the draft to insulate themselves.

Gary is a bust profile type. Not playing up to your physical gifts is a red flag. Medical on top of that yeah he's going to drop into round 2 almost for sure now I think, maybe later depending on what medical staff are telling teams.

Polite is a real rarity, where he has excellent tape but he's a straight retard. So he has a bust profile flag where you wonder whether he loves the game, whether he'll do the work required, and wtf he's going to do once he gets paid. IMO teams aren't going to seriously consider him until round 2 or later for that reason.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Greedy Williams, Jeff Simmons, or Montez Sweat is on the board at #31, they're the pick imo.

ramsplaya16

The One and Only

Just curious. I haven’t seen a lineman athletic like this since Vernon Gholston. I don’t know much about Sweat ( I followed the draft a lot more a few years ago) so I’m genuinely asking, and similarities between the two? Both shot up the boards due to workouts, and I’m always super wary of players rising so high because of workouts.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just curious. I haven’t seen a lineman athletic like this since Vernon Gholston. I don’t know much about Sweat ( I followed the draft a lot more a few years ago) so I’m genuinely asking, and similarities between the two? Both shot up the boards due to workouts, and I’m always super wary of players rising so high because of workouts.

Between Gholston and Sweat? Completely different players. I had Sweat as the top EDGE after Bosa and Allen since before the Combine. He has the full toolset. Gholston was a stiff rusher who won with power, but didn't have the length, skill, and diversity in his approach to do so in the NFL. Sweat has the potential to win with speed, power, and skill. His game is still rounding into form, but he's supremely gifted.

ramsplaya16

The One and Only
Between Gholston and Sweat? Completely different players. I had Sweat as the top EDGE after Bosa and Allen since before the Combine. He has the full toolset. Gholston was a stiff rusher who won with power, but didn't have the length, skill, and diversity in his approach to do so in the NFL. Sweat has the potential to win with speed, power, and skill. His game is still rounding into form, but he's supremely gifted.

So without the heart diagnosis (although I just read an article that said he was misdiagnosed and he has no heart condition) do you think he would be a top 5ish pick?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Top 10 imo

Hrm might have to disagree with you on that Jrry. I don't think he's got elite quicks. Course he's an edge so those guys can always get taken higher so we'll see.