Doug Pederson Let Go

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Deac

Starter
Name
Sean
I Could see him land with the Chargers, if not the Jets.

TexasRam

Legend
He wants the jets job. Contrary to what many pundits think the eagles are in real cap hell, old players, the wentz situation, and they have to many needs to fill with no money.
Where as the jets have youth plenty of draft picks and plenty of money. Also an obvious connection to Douglas. My guess he ends up there. Possibly the chargers but I think jets.
Interesting take.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
What happened in the Redskin game seems odd because I highly doubt Pederson did on his own, but seems to being left out to dry IMO. Now, maybe he did act alone, but I find that hard to believe and I always felt Howie Roseman was a rat, so this might prove it.

Now I would not hire him right away, it's not like Pederson is Andy Reid, but the Jets might not be able to help themselves. I guess some could make the debate go with an experienced guy, but it didn't work for the Rams, they went with Fisher and then McVay, who was young and had never been a Head Coach, but I understand it's a gamble because of the lack of success of both Linehan & Spagnuolo.

Again, I would grill Pederson about what happened in that game, but if it was all him, he lost the team with that move and IMO, I would stay away from someone like that.

Flint

Pro Bowler
We’ve seen first hand what egos in the front office can do and how quickly it can fall apart. We all thought the GSOT was set up for a good run but soon after the SB it was all torn apart.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The least appealing HC opening IMO. Uncertainty at QB and no cap space at all. At the start of the season they were 19th in roster age so they're towards the bottom of the list for older rosters granted that's only 1 year average higher than the Rams but if you take off Whit ours goes down a lot :D
I'd put Jacksonville down at the Bottom as well. Both tied for last place.
I dont see how a coach can succeed in either organization.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
I'd put Jacksonville down at the Bottom as well. Both tied for last place.
I dont see how a coach can succeed in either organization.
Difference to me is salary cap. Eagles have none and the Jags have a ton plus the #1 overall pick and you'll be going in with a new GM not a GM that's fucked up a teams salary cap and is on his 4th head coach in 8 years. Philly is a death trap for any new coach.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Difference to me is salary cap. Eagles have none and the Jags have a ton plus the #1 overall pick and you'll be going in with a new GM not a GM that's fucked up a teams salary cap and is on his 4th head coach in 8 years. Philly is a death trap for any new coach.
I'd be hesitant of the fact, that Khan is taking a more active roll.
Micro managers are never good leaders.
If you're not capable of hiring the right guy for the job to begin with, you should have no business doing the hiring.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd be hesitant of the fact, that Khan is taking a more active roll.
Micro managers are never good leaders.
If you're not capable of hiring the right guy for the job to begin with, you should have no business doing the hiring.
I infer from that he's not going to be a Jerry or a Dan Snyder but he's also not going to let somebody like Coughlin ruin the teams relationships with all the top talent. I could be wrong but I interpret this as a good thing not he's going to be involved in every decision. Coughlin destroyed that team much to our benefit honestly.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I infer from that he's not going to be a Jerry or a Dan Snyder but he's also not going to let somebody like Coughlin ruin the teams relationships with all the top talent. I could be wrong but I interpret this as a good thing not he's going to be involved in every decision. Coughlin destroyed that team much to our benefit honestly.
I'm curious to see what happens.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Interesting take.

I just heard sal palontonio on greeny here in NY and he is saying he will take time to chill in Florida with his wife and go from there. He does think that Pederson in NY would be difficult at first with all the giant fans hating on him lol. Greeny being a jet fan said he doesn't see it as an issue maybe initially but those two teams usually stay out of each others way..... interesting take.
For me the best job by far is the chargers it's a plug n play situation with yet another good pick added and I'm not sure about cap space but that's a great job for anybody. The jets I like too because there are options and Douglas is good they have money picks and some good youth. We saw it first hand unfortunately Becton and Q Williams

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Hard to imagine being fired 3 years after winning the Super Bowl.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams fans celebrating 4 years of McVay as Eagles fans are celebrating Pederson being fired.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
If Eric Bieniemy gets a HC job then I wouldn't be surprised if Pederson winds up back in KC. I like the guy.