Doug Pederson Let Go

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
His smug ass deserved it after the shit he pulled week 17.
Petsonally I think the front office made him do that.

The GM is a power control freak... the fact that a very young Mike Kafka is a strong candidate shows they want someone who will have no say in the draft, coaching hires etc..

Last yr Pederson's end of year press conference, he was adamant that a few assistants, that had been under fire, would be back. They were his guys.

The next day they were fired and reports were he was not happy about it.

Then reports were Roseman was involved in bringing in new guys, like recycling Marty Morninweg and a few others. Now reports are they didnt like that Doug was going to promote Press Taylor to OC.

Can you imagine Snead telling McVay who his assistants were going to be?

Roseman is a joke. He is Jay Zymunt becoming GM. A cap guy who thinks he is a football guy. His drafts have been a disaster and the under 26 talent on that team is almost non-existent.

The last all-pro players drafted were Ertz and Lane Johnson and Chip Kelly was the coach and he had the power as he demoted Roseman in a power struggle. When Kelly got fired Roseman came roaring back to power.

They are screwed until they dump him or demote him to cap guy only.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

The GM is a power control freak... the fact that a very young Mike Kafka is a strong candidate shows they want someone who will have no say in the draft, coaching hires etc..

Last yr Pederson's end of year press conference, he was adamant that a few assistants, that had been under fire, would be back. They were his guys.

Then reports were Roseman was involved in bringing in new guys, like recycling Marty Morninweg and a few others. Now reports are they didnt like that Doug was going to promote Press Taylor to OC.

Roseman is a joke. He is Jay Zymunt becoming GM. A cap guy who thinks he is a football guy. His drafts have been a disaster and the under 26 talent on that team is almost non-existent.

The last all-pro players drafted were Ertz and Lane Johnson and Chip Kelly was the coach and he had the power as he demoted Roseman in a power struggle. When Kelly got fired Roseman came roaring back to power.

Yikes. Thanks for the insight. Sounds like they are almost as bad as the Cowboys.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I always wonder what would have happened if he left Hurts in? We’re shitting on a guy for benching a qb who was 7-20 for 62 yards. If that doesn’t deserve benching I’m not sure what does and it’s not like that was a HoF qb, it’s a rookie who’s struggled and people don’t even know if he’s the future of the team. I think this is a result of the GM and ownership pressuring the coach to do what they wanted
Sudfeld was so clearly incapable of moving the team, it was a joke. Hurts was at least moving the team and would have the opportunity to lead a comeback. (He did rush for 2 TD after all). Not kicking the game tying FG was the first sign Pederson was tanking.
Youre not benching your rookie QB in that spot when he is the assumed starter.
It was a disgrace what he pulled, and Im glad he's fired.
Would be funny if they went for Kavka, they should have never fired Reid. Hiring his assistants just show how much they regret it!!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Sudfeld was so clearly incapable of moving the team, it was a joke. Hurts was at least moving the team and would have the opportunity to lead a comeback. (He did rush for 2 TD after all). Not kicking the game tying FG was the first sign Pederson was tanking.
Youre not benching your rookie QB in that spot when he is the assumed starter.
It was a disgrace what he pulled, and Im glad he's fired.
Would be funny if they went for Kavka, they should have never fired Reid. Hiring his assistants just show how much they regret it!!
I'm not defending Pederson, but 216 yards of total offense including what little they did with Sudfeld really isn't moving the ball. Hurts was hardly impressive running TD's or no is all I'm trying to say and benching him isn't as far fetched as it's made out to be IMO.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Agree on all. I don't know who Roseman is as a leader without working for the dude but it does look from the outside that they handled their Super Bowl championship about as well as the Rams did post-1999. Actually worse than the Rams did, seeing as how we at least got to the dance again two years later. Which shows the dysfunction that's for sure.

This is where we are incredibly fortunate nowadays. I don't think we have the best front office, but we're up there. They do a good job supporting McVay and as long as that continues they'll be in the mix just about every year.

The Eagles are also a cautionary lesson on contracts and draft pick value. Roseman hit on a lot of his moves that Super Bowl season and made his name there. But trading for key pieces to make your run has that other side to it as well where you can limit yourself.

Looking at how the Rams operated similarly during that window the Rams dodged some of it by jettisoning Gurley and Cooks and reloading this team into the current form. It was very well done IMO. But the fact remains that the Rams need to get back to drafting and developing to ensure their future.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No front office can make a head coach do that. Your name around this league as a head coach and leader of men, IMO, is more important than being the lackey of some dipshit GM.

And if Pederson did do Howey's bidding there even better. It will serve as a nice lesson for coaches of how you should do what is right which is what you were hired for i.e. winning as many games as possible.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not defending Pederson, but 216 yards of total offense including what little they did with Sudfeld really isn't moving the ball. Hurts was hardly impressive running TD's or no is all I'm trying to say and benching him isn't as far fetched as it's made out to be IMO.
In the guise of how the season went, it made no sense. He's got Carson Wentz in street clothes and turned over the keys to the franchise to Hurts. If he's your future, that's a great spot for him to play.
Either way, he's gone and good riddance.
It would be so Jets like to hire him.
They went down that road before.
Eagles fired a head coach, and the Jets "snatched him up"
That coach?
Rich Kotite
Cue Zac Stacy....

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Has anyone got a video with the reaction by that high-strung, batshit crazy Eagles fan?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
In the guise of how the season went, it made no sense. He's got Carson Wentz in street clothes and turned over the keys to the franchise to Hurts. If he's your future, that's a great spot for him to play.
Either way, he's gone and good riddance.
It would be so Jets like to hire him.
They went down that road before.
Eagles fired a head coach, and the Jets "snatched him up"
That coach?
Rich Kotite
Cue Zac Stacy....

Don't forget their latest... Adam Gase... Jets plucked him up after the fish sent him packing.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If we removed the f-word from his video, he would lose half of his vocabulary.....
You could beep out about half of what this clown says and get just gist of what he's saying. He was entertaining before in his reactions he's honestly just getting psycho. I heard he doesn't even live in Philly not sure he ever did. Think he's in Sacramento.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Think he's right though. There is no light at the end of that tunnel. They have a full rebuild ahead and need to find a new regime to lead it. Long way to go.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Think he's right though. There is no light at the end of that tunnel. They have a full rebuild ahead and need to find a new regime to lead it. Long way to go.
The least appealing HC opening IMO. Uncertainty at QB and no cap space at all. At the start of the season they were 19th in roster age so they're towards the bottom of the list for older rosters granted that's only 1 year average higher than the Rams but if you take off Whit ours goes down a lot :D

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't forget their latest... Adam Gase... Jets plucked him up after the fish sent him packing.
Yeah, I was saying the last time the Jets took an Eagles reject, was Rich Kotite.
There's nothing good ever coming out of a comparison including Rich Kotite....

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
Should have fired the GM. He is the one that put nothing around Wentz which hadva lot to do with his decline.