Don't kill me, but Foles is a bada$$

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We will rally around Nick Foles and play good football (in Vermiel's Voice)! I backed Bradford when he was here, I backed Davis when he played, and Shaun Hill when he got his job back last year..

Now my allegiance is to Foles, I didn't like him when he was in Philly but the situation is different now. Go Rams!!!

WvuIN02

Starter
Foles won games, and that is a big deal going to a new team I think. Having someone who is used to winning, his win percentage was .625 (Bradfords was .378) and that can rub off on a new team.

Td to int ratio was 2.6 to 1.6 of Bradford, and QBR was far higher too (59.4 vs 40.7).

I know folks here loved SB for all he went through, but Foles has been clearly the better player and that's not accounting for the biggest factor in injury proneness.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Again, playing devils advocate and looking at the stats from last year.. I think Keenum and Davis have just as good a chance at landing the QB1 job.
Yeah no, i don't. The only advantage i'd give to Davis is his chemistry with the players. Foles is clearly the number one right now.

FWIW i still don't think that Foles vs Davis vs Keenum is the QB competition Fisher has in mind when training camp opens.

Does it really matter how much we pay any of the 3?
Nope.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Foles is a solid QB. If we give him protection and a good running game, he'll get the job done for us. Maybe he'll develop some and be more than that. But all we need is solid and we have 10+ wins if the defense plays at the top 5-10 level it's capable of.

Hopefully, Weinke has some plans on how to shore up his footwork. That's the biggest flaw I see in his game.

We will rally around Nick Foles and play good football (in Vermiel's Voice)! I backed Bradford when he was here, I backed Davis when he played, and Shaun Hill when he got his job back last year..

Now my allegiance is to Foles, I didn't like him when he was in Philly but the situation is different now. Go Rams!!!

Amen my friend.. I am completely pulling for Foles if he wins the job.. As a Rams fan, I think we have the best defense in the league.. I just wouldn't anoint the QB savior of the franchise without seeing how the preseason plays out. I think we have a great battle for the position going into the 2015 season.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Foles is a solid QB. If we give him protection and a good running game, he'll get the job done for us. Maybe he'll develop some and be more than that. But all we need is solid and we have 10+ wins if the defense plays at the top 5-10 level it's capable of.

Hopefully, Weinke has some plans on how to shore up his footwork. That's the biggest flaw I see in his game.

This x100

I think I like Foles more than that, but all we need is solid. Hell, if our OL hadn't turned to crap, Hill and/or Davis could have won more games if nothing else changed... Nothing at all...

So a solid Nick Foles?

Yeah, I'm all over that even if he doesn't have Bradford's ceiling. Those cathedral ceilings haven't done us much good on the sidelines the last two years.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Amen my friend.. I am completely pulling for Foles if he wins the job.. As a Rams fan, I think we have the best defense in the league.. I just wouldn't anoint the QB savior of the franchise without seeing how the preseason plays out. I think we have a great battle for the position going into the 2015 season.
I don't think anyone is calling him a savior, but he is clearly an upgrade over what we had last year. Point out Kelly's system all you want. Hell no, there is no battle for the starting QB system unless Foles just stinks it up.

V3

Hall of Fame
I love the trade. LOVE IT! I had lost all hope in Bradford and I would have never wanted to extend him next year even if he had played well this next season. I just don't trust him anymore.

For the first time in a long time, I honestly feel like this team has a good shot at the playoffs. This trade gave me hope for the season. I'd forgotten what that feels like.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Stats?

8Jl1RUY.png

Those are Kurt Warner's for six years.
Clearly every QB in the universe is better than Warner.
I don't think that is 6 years,just 6 different teams & seasons.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't think that is 6 years,just 6 different teams & seasons.
Is there a difference? When a guy like Bradford went through 4 years of 2 coaches, 3 coordinators, 27 offensive linemen and threw to 34 different receivers?

joeyknish

UDFA
coming in as a backup and throwing 27 tds and 2 into and going to the probowl isn't a fluke. I don't think chip kelly liked him and had other plans. I am in no way saying he is, but this is really reminding me of the Faulk trade. Faulk didn't mix w the colts and was our missing piece. We were in the playoff hunt going into the last of the season w a 2nd & 3rd string QB. It wasn't until the charger game where we finally lost our chance at the playoffs. All that was missing was a decent qb. Decent QB, Foles is a freaking pro bowler!

Oh and a broken collarbone is a fluke injury.

I looooove Bradford and always hoped for the best w him. But in the back of my mind it's always been a matter of when with him. As bummed as I was last year when he got hurt, I was happy it was in the preseason. I was afraid we'd be 8-4 with the playoffs in sight and he'd go down leaving us 8-8.

Lastly he was paid $16,000,000 for playing 3 preseason quarters. Good for him! But damn we could have used that money! I think Foles is in his contract year and will be playing to get paid!

Ok, I'm done now!

He is very tough too, almost to a fault. It seemed like the step back was in part because of a battered offensive line, and also in part mental because the 27-2 numbers affected his mind. He doesn't need to be perfect, just to play his game, and he will be fine.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Is there a difference? When a guy like Bradford went through 4 years of 2 coaches, 3 coordinators, 27 offensive linemen and threw to 34 different receivers?
It's a chart...Just adding the info of years & teams.

What I'll say from a viewers eyes. Mad Mike & Chip Kelly left these QB's exposed.
--Warner always had that confidence Hammer talks about.
He told a reporter live on TV,that he should be the starter & not Matt Lienart .He said he still had some good football left in him.Matt got hurt & the rest is history.He took The Cards as far as any QB has in there total history.He might have done what Eli did in Jersey,but was never given a 100% chance.
He had that glove & broken hand as well.A QB with a broken hand.There was a little reason why he had those numbers.Kurt was always tough.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It's a chart...Just adding the info of years & teams.

What I'll say from a viewers eyes. Mad Mike & Chip Kelly left these QB's exposed.
--Warner always had that confidence Hammer talks about.
He told a reporter live on TV,that he should be the starter & not Matt Lienart .He said he still had some good football left in him.Matt got hurt & the rest is history.He took The Cards as far as any QB has in there total history.He might have done what Eli did in Jersey,but was never given a 100% chance.
He had that glove & broken hand as well.A QB with a broken hand.There was a little reason why he had those numbers.Kurt was always tough.
That sounds an awful lot like excuses, and we all know Bradford isn't afforded that luxury.

Does what I said about Bradford's shoddy development and lack of continuity invalidate anything I implied about Warner's struggles?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Totally agree. But we've yet to see him "stay healthy". Although we did see Foles tie the NFL record throwing 7 tds in a single game.
This will be hard for him to reproduce with our running game!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I agree as well - he's obviously better. But he hasn't been healthy and we're getting a second round pick in 2016 for him - so its a good trade.
Don't forget we also picked up a 4th round pick this year!! Which makes it a Real good trade IMO!

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
As long as he doesn't look like a deer in the headlights when the games on, I'll be happy.

Bradford is gone folks, and he's taken his potential and higher ceiling with him.

For now, Foles is the guy.

Go Rams.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
@OutsiderSLR I see the points you are making, but you could put Davis' numbers up against Sammy's career numbers and AD would look like the better QB. I agree with @joeyknish and his assessment that Foles will be just fine in this offense once he learns it. If not, we find someone else. That was pretty much going to be the case if we kept Sammy anyway. Lets not forget how much better this team is as a whole compared to what it has been in recent years. We don't need Peyton Forehead behind center to win games....just a competent signal caller who keeps the turnovers to a minimum and gets us 24 PPG. Foles can DEFINITELY be that guy. I hope he is.....