Don't kill me, but Foles is a bada$$

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
I've been lurking on the NFC West rivals' message board and it seems that as a whole, only the Seahawks fans are looking at this trade as a win for the Rams. The Niners fans are their usual arrogant selves while Arizona fans seem to think Foles won't help as our offense sucks as a whole. One fan asked the rest to name one person on the Rams offense that they would take over the Cards offense. For real, are you kidding me? That offense freaking sucked balls and they weren't effective against our defense with or without Palmer, but I'll play along. Our QBs are better, our RB corp is better, GRob is going to be a monster, our corp of TEs are better, and while they have some good WRs, ours are nothing to sneeze at.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Devils advocate..

From last years game..

Austin Davis 29/49 375 yds. 7.73 avg. 103.7 QBR
Nick Foles 24/37 207 yds. 5.60 avg 86.2 QBR
And yes I do remember, we were playing from behind..

And 2014 stats..
http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/passingYards

My manufacturing background says look at the data.. numbers don't lie.. there are a lot of things a system can cover up whether it's Philly or St Louis.. regardless, with Case, Austin, and Nick.. we have a healthy battle.. no pun intended
27 Td vs 2 picks is all I need to say. BIG upgrade over Hill and Davis and I don't think anyone will argue. Those head to head stats mean dick to me.

IMG_1330.JPG
View attachment 5642
27 Td vs 2 picks is all I need to say. BIG upgrade over Hill and Davis and I don't think anyone will argue. Those head to head stats mean dick to me.

PLAYER TEAM COMP ATT PCT YDS/G
29 Nick Foles, QB PHI 186 311 59.8 2,163 6.96 68 13 10 9 81.4 270
30 Austin Davis, QB STL 180 284 63.4 2,001 7.05 59 12 92985.1 200

The stats that mean dick to me are the 2014 overall stats if you would have clicked the link.. If you can't figure it out.. the picture is attached..

Foles had great stats from a brand new Oregon (Kelly, etc.) offensive style.. Just playing devils advocate.. if you want to pick and choose so be it.

Last edited:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I don't mind Nick. He's a good guy that's a much better option than Josh McCown or Mike Glennon or w/e.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Foles college offense was similar to Kelleys For what it's worth

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Doesn't really matter how Foles compares to Bradford or anyone else to me, what's done is done and Foles is the guy now, and I think he's plenty good enough to win football games for our team.
Do you want to anoint him without some competition from the other guys? Hopefully they draft a guy high and make it a 4-way competition.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Folds is the Rams QB and Bradford isn't
Time for folks to remember the team we love and drop the allegiance to a player

Foles is the man now. I'm really looking forwards to seeing what moves we can make in the rest of FA and the draft to see what kind of offense we can put together to help him out! But....we're entitled to question and sometimes criticize decisions our team makes. That's part of the role of being a fan - holding guys to account - so fans are entitled to go "Well this guy isn't as good as the guy we shipped out" - without it being "loyalty to the player rather than the team". There are legitimate concerns over his ability that aren't answered by one statistical outlier of a season because of the circumstances surrounding it - just as there are legitimate concerns about Sam Bradford's ability as well as his health because of a lack of statistical support for what people see as his talent level.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Devils advocate..

From last years game..

Austin Davis 29/49 375 yds. 7.73 avg. 103.7 QBR
Nick Foles 24/37 207 yds. 5.60 avg 86.2 QBR
And yes I do remember, we were playing from behind..

And 2014 stats..
http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/passingYards

My manufacturing background says look at the data.. numbers don't lie.. there are a lot of things a system can cover up whether it's Philly or St Louis.. regardless, with Case, Austin, and Nick.. we have a healthy battle.. no pun intended

That just means Foles would have done even better than Davis had he been on our team. :sneaky:

And Foles picked up the W.

That just means Foles would have done even better than Davis had he been on our team. :sneaky:

And Foles picked up the W.

Outside of the 2014 stats (in picture above)

Who would you take?

Chip Kelly vs. Schottenheimer offense
Maclin vs. Britt
Philly OL vs. Rams OL

Attachments

• IMG_1330.JPG
    IMG_1330.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 163

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
View attachment 5644 View attachment 5642

PLAYER TEAM COMP ATT PCT YDS/G
29 Nick Foles, QB PHI 186 311 59.8 2,163 6.96 68 13 10 9 81.4 270
30 Austin Davis, QB STL 180 284 63.4 2,001 7.05 59 12 92985.1 200

The stats that mean dick to me are the 2014 overall stats if you would have clicked the link.. If you can't figure it out.. the picture is attached..

Foles had great stats from a brand new Oregon (Kelly, etc.) offensive style.. Just playing devils advocate.. if you want to pick and choose so be it.
Didn't care to click it, still means dick to me. Once again, Foles is hands down a better QB than Davis and Hill.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Arizona fans seem to think Foles won't help as our offense sucks as a whole. One fan asked the rest to name one person on the Rams offense that they would take over the Cards offense. For real, are you kidding me?
Arizona sports fans tend to be extreme homers and aren't very intelligent in general from my experience when discussing Cardinals, Suns. I can say this from experience. Not bad people...passionate and loyal...but fairly clueless in terms of objectivity.

Didn't care to click it, still means dick to me. Once again, Foles is hands down a better QB than Davis and Hill.

And that my friends is a St. Louis Ram. Bradford's signing, from the Eagles website, states that Bradford was sacked continuously causing injury.

2014: Davis, in his limited time, was sacked 29 times vs. Foles 9 times and Davis threw for only 100 yards less in 27 fewer attempts (Davis averaged 7.05 yds & 63.4% completion percentage).. meaning Davis only needed 14 of 27 (52%) to surpass Foles...

AGAIN, WHAT WOULD YOU TAKE IN 2014
Chip Kelly vs. Schottenheimer
Maclin vs. Britt
Philly OL vs. Rams OL

I think it is a great battle with Foles, Davis, and Keenum.. I can't wait for 2015! Same team. Go Rams!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I've been lurking on the NFC West rivals' message board and it seems that as a whole, only the Seahawks fans are looking at this trade as a win for the Rams. The Niners fans are their usual arrogant selves while Arizona fans seem to think Foles won't help as our offense sucks as a whole. One fan asked the rest to name one person on the Rams offense that they would take over the Cards offense. For real, are you kidding me? That offense freaking sucked balls and they weren't effective against our defense with or without Palmer, but I'll play along. Our QBs are better, our RB corp is better, GRob is going to be a monster, our corp of TEs are better, and while they have some good WRs, ours are nothing to sneeze at.
I hope he murders it here. I really do.
But if he doesn't, I won't kill you. I'll have Foles do it since he's a badass too.

Is this even being disputed?

Again, playing devils advocate and looking at the stats from last year.. I think Keenum and Davis have just as good a chance at landing the QB1 job.

Does it really matter how much we pay any of the 3?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Again, playing devils advocate and looking at the stats from last year.. I think Keenum and Davis have just as good a chance at landing the QB1 job.
Anything is possible. IDGAS who lands the spot, but I sure would like to see someone EARN it for once.

jjab360

Legend

Does it really matter how much we pay any of the 3?
Lol seriously? No. Just no.