Dog Treats

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Segments of dried bull penis
I've looked at these. They are kinda pricey for the amount u get...and they all seem to be 6" or longer. Are they easy to cut into smaller pieces?

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I've looked at these. They are kinda pricey for the amount u get...and they all seem to be 6" or longer. Are they easy to cut into smaller pieces?
You may need to hire a bovine mohel for that.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

Someone already mentioned bully sticks early in the thread. That's what a bully stick is. I bought some for my son's new 3 pound schnauzer pup a few weeks back that are small enough for her tiny little ass to handle. They were about 3" long. Got em at PetCo in a resealable bag.

Our dog trainer highly recommends them btw.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Believe it or not, we give ours the baby carrots from a bag, he loves em

This is an excellent treat for dogs... and very good for them in more than one way.

Baby carrots are one of the ingredients I use in my dog's food for this reason. I make my dog's food because of his sensitive stomach... a common thing with poodles. I have a Golden Doodle so he got the sensitive stomach from his poodle genes.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
pigs ears and marrow bones

I get the butcher at Whole Foods to get me cow femurs sometimes and cut them into manageable sized pieces for my boy. I cook em on an indirect heat on my big green egg. They come out less messy than the ones you can buy at the grocery stores that are already cooked.

I tried to give my boy these things raw... but he didn't want it. After I cooked some up though... he loved it. Kinda weird. I bet most dogs would eat it raw. My butcher gets these things for me and they are extremely cheap. The marrow is very good for them.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Winston also has a sensitive stomach. It's why I can't give him human food. He wants it but every time he gets sick and vomits or shits. I may try carrots

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Winston also has a sensitive stomach. It's why I can't give him human food. He wants it but every time he gets sick and vomits or shits. I may try carrots

Young pups typically have more sensitive stomachs. Maybe the sensitivity will pass as he grows up more. Or... maybe not.

Just try and remember what doesn’t seem to agree with him so you can avoid whatever that is. Hopefully you'll find things that are more agreeable.

The baby carrots are good... he's small enough that they will also kinda be like a chew toy and a treat at the same time.

Some times giving too many treats can cause the stomach issues. Especially in pups. Try to limit the amount. Even a tiny piece is a prize for a dog. The tiniest piece.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Had my wife get bully sticks, some chicken things and some baby carrots. We will see how it goes. I bet if I gave his crazy ass a frozen carrot he would lose his mind.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
My dog loves baby carrots. He also scarfs on pig ears. Be sure to buy US pig ears - not Chinese. The Chinese ones are hard as fuck and sorry but I don't trust the product for my dog anyway.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How long you been waiting to have an excuse to type that? :ROFLMAO:
They are also called Pizzle sticks and dogs love them. I know, I know, we shouldn't waste culinary delicacies on dogs....

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Well. He LOVES the bull dick

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The treat of choice in our house is dentabones. I have 3 pups, two big boys and a midsize girl, and all three drop what they're doing for them. Also all 3 have spotless teeth so they work.

They're kind of expensive though, especially the way my wife doles them out lol. So I get the small ones and cut them up a bit.

I will supplement with milkbone biscuits but only the boys like those. But they're cheap so worth it. I use the small ones so I don't have to break them up and buy the big boxes.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I recommended that to you. I knew Winston would love him some bull penis...... wait, that didn't come out right...
Yes you did. I couldn't find them. Then I saw them at walmart a few weeks ago. But, I was concerned with how long they were. I just gave him one and he ran the hell away with it. Instant hit.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes you did. I couldn't find them. Then I saw them at walmart a few weeks ago. But, I was concerned with how long they were. I just gave him one and he ran the hell away with it. Instant hit.
Much better than rawhide or greenies, imo.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
20210818_184742.jpg
20210818_184741.jpg

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So I thought of this thread this morning...
A couple of folks mentioned "greenies" which are great for the dog's teeth. Problem is they are so darned expensive. Alas, I had gotten a coupon for Purina Dentalife chews, and at 1/3 the price of Greenies, I figured I'd give them a shot.
My dog loves them and when we had Elvie in for her annual shots, the Vet even mentioned how great her teeth looked.
Funny thing is each morning after I put her out I "hide" one of the chews in the laundry room. It's like our little game, she comes in and immediately heads to the laundry room to find it.
Got to love dogs

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
So I thought of this thread this morning...
A couple of folks mentioned "greenies" which are great for the dog's teeth. Problem is they are so darned expensive. Alas, I had gotten a coupon for Purina Dentalife chews, and at 1/3 the price of Greenies, I figured I'd give them a shot.
My dog loves them and when we had Elvie in for her annual shots, the Vet even mentioned how great her teeth looked.
Funny thing is each morning after I put her out I "hide" one of the chews in the laundry room. It's like our little game, she comes in and immediately heads to the laundry room to find it.
Got to love dogs
I have greenies and my dog is a dick and won't eat them. He still loves the bull dick. We got rawhide(less) chicken sticks and that's a new one he loves.

He really liked these Vibrant Life Pigs in a Blanket from walmart....like fucking loved them. Now it seems they have vanished. I'm sure because they were garbage. My wife picked them up not knowing what to get one day and dude went ape shit over them.