Dog Treats

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'm looking for some good healthy treats for my boy Winston.

He's about 10 lbs. 5 months old almost.

I was thinking of getting him some beef tendon. But idk. I have been looking at chewy for a few days and I think I've looked at too much. Now I can't decide.

Help me!

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I should say....my dog won't touch pupperoni...he likes Beggin Strips, but he's getting tired of them it seems.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I should say....my dog won't touch pupperoni...he likes Beggin Strips, but he's getting tired of them it seems.
My dog will eat the bag of pupparoni, got the "prime rib" flavored ones by mistake and she sits in the laundry room staring at the bag. Its hysterical
Pupparoni and beggin strips. Cost 1/3rd of the price of all the "fancy" shit, and my dog loves them all the same

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
An old shoe.

Beef tenderloin, @Juggs? Back in my day…if you were a dog, an old shoe was a treat.

:zany1:

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nudges Natural Dog Treat. They are all natural. They contain no wheat , soy, or corn. No artificial preservatives as well. Honey likes the "Grillers" steak version, but he also likes he duck.

CeeZar

Rookie
Pupparoni has been loved by all my dogs. I take about 3-4 strips and cut them into 1/2" pieces on the cutting board and then store them in a plastic container on the counter for easy access. I have a big fenced in back yard and when I call in the dogs, they come running cuz they always get a treat after a good recall.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
My late pup Guapo used to love these things called Greenies. It would take him a few minutes to chew them. Plus, they're good for a dog's teeth. Guapo lived to be 15. One thing he never had was dental issues. His teeth were always clean. His brother from the same litter on the other hand, never like hard or crunch treats. He ended up having 80 percent of his teeth pulled and now is on canned food the rest of his life.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
My late pup Guapo used to love these things called Greenies. It would take him a few minutes to chew them. Plus, they're good for a dog's teeth. Guapo lived to be 15. One thing he never had was dental issues. His teeth were always clean. His brother from the same litter on the other hand, never like hard or crunch treats. He ended up having 80 percent of his teeth pulled and now is on canned food the rest of his life.
I have those. I only give it once a week. And he doesn't love them. He will leave it and come back over an hour or two to finish.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm looking for some good healthy treats for my boy Winston.

He's about 10 lbs. 5 months old almost.

I was thinking of getting him some beef tendon. But idk. I have been looking at chewy for a few days and I think I've looked at too much. Now I can't decide.

Help me!
“Hey Dad, how about some Prime Rib, ya chintzy Bastid! ~ Winston

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Our dogs love Cheetos and/or animal crackers..

or a spoonful Pedigree wet dog food (normally chicken & rice).

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Our dogs love Cheetos and/or animal crackers..

or a spoonful Pedigree wet dog food (normally chicken & rice).
Winston hates wet food. Never seen such a thing. Lol

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nudges Natural Dog Treat. They are all natural. They contain no wheat , soy, or corn. No artificial preservatives as well. Honey likes the "Grillers" steak version, but he also likes he duck.
My dog loves the grillers and the jerky. I swear they look good enough to eat if it were an emergency. Problem for me is that they are just so darn expensive. I get the whole natural angle, but I could cook a steak and roast a chicken for less than a couple bags of the stuff

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
@Loyal my dog doesn't care for treats at all. But, when he hears the fridge he runs into the kitchen.. he begs for a piece of ice. He eats the hell out of ice..

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Greenies were loved by all of my dogs through the years. A little pricey, but great for the teeth.

We feed our mini aussies green beans quite often. They eat all kinds of vegetables; Romaine lettuce, carrots, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cucumber, tomato, potatoes and fruit also. They love apples, water melon, canteloupe, blueberries. They really like them. You can blend the fruits together and freeze them too. They are great for hot days. Grapes and raisins are toxic though. Read up on what they cannot have.

Chicken gizzards and livers are great too. I cook them and refrigerate in a Tupperware dish. For some reason they will not eat them raw. The livers are a great pill delivery system too. They are soft and you can push a pill right into them easily. Very inexpensive.

One thing that you can try that is very healthy is chicken or turkey feet raw. Mine won't eat them but some dogs love them. They are great for their joints.

Raw eggs, especially if they eat the shells. The shell membrane is very nutritious. The Shell has calcium. The egg is a complete meal. Diesel and Daisy won't eat the shell even if I crush it. You can cook them too but they are not quite as healthy that way. When I make hard boiled eggs they get all of the eggs that break open and become misshapen.

We buy free range eggs from a person that has chickens. The yolks are more orange and she doesn't add anything to the feed. Plus she lets them roam for insects. The rest I get at the grocery store or butcher and are inexpensive.

My daughter makes them treats using pumpkin, oatmeal and peanut butter. She even has a mold that looks like dog biscuits.