Dodgers trade for Mookie Betts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Downs strikes out a lot, but yeah, the trade isn't as good as the original form. Always nice to get an extra pick though. Plus Graterol.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, a guy who can throw 100 and who has 6 years of control left is generally valuable. He doesn't walk a lot of batters - I don't know enough about him to comment on his command. I assume decent at least or the Sox wouldn't have valued him so much.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The prospect they are getting from the Twins is former Dodger prospect Luke Raley who was part of the deadline trade for Dozier in 2018. Outfielder, a bit of a free swinger, hits for an okay average with a bit of pop. Not enough walks relative to Ks. Might be useful, doubt he is much more than a guy to call up to cover for injuries. Would rather they'd gotten a live arm from rookie ball

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I thought the Dodgers needed the Angels trade to keep them under the luxury tax. Where will Joc play? Or is he still the guy who floats around the lineup, to cover for platooning and injuries? Keeping Stripling is fine, of course.
I'd wager they'll both still be offered up in trades.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd wager they'll both still be offered up in trades.

Which tells me that either they had second thoughts about the return from the Angels, or perhaps since they are sending money to the Twins in the revamped trade that the Angels' trade wouldn't have kept them below the luxury tax level. Or both.

Tano

Legend
Twin fans are mostly ecstatic at getting Maeda. Don't they know he is at best a 5 inning pitcher or a seventh inning (maybe 8th inning set up man).

He did well for us in the playoffs but getting Price and Graterol make up for it.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Apparently the Twins' portion of the trade is including catcher Jair Camargo from the Dodgers. 20, fast for a catcher (that usually goes away pretty quickly) apparently good defensively, but unless he takes several big steps forward probably won't hit enough. High K rate, few walks, hasn't developed power, though he is only 20. Doubt he'll be missed.
baseball-reference.com

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And the trade looks even better for the Dodgers.

Verdugo has stress fracture in back, may miss part of 2020

The Red Sox and Dodgers knew that Verdugo was still injured from last season - an injury that has lingered and is of a sort that sometimes reoccurs.

But Graterol was too big a health risk. Hopefully Graterol will have a long, healthy career and the Red Sox look even more idiotic.