Do you miss Lloyd?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Truth is, Sam has had unquestioned trust in 4 receivers during his time in St Louis, most of which where for very short periods of time due to injures:

Mark Clayton - Sam gave a brief rise to an otherwise failed high draft pick wr who was cast off by Ravens but whom immediately clicked with Bradford.

DX - Alexander's knee issues are well documented but it was the Rams and Bradford that gave him his chance and he took full advantage of it...he was the big, stud wr Sam and the Rams so desperately need unfortunately his knees failed him time and time again.

Lloyd - Sadly Sam and BL only got to play together for a very brief few games as they brought Lloyd in after Clayton's injury then am suffered his high ankle and other than a few quick glimpses of "what could have been.." Lloyd was off to his 465th team in FA!

Danny Amendola - Aw Danny, a Cowboy castoff who would run through a wall for you. He quickly became the apple of Sam's eye and had 2-3 years woth of success in between injuries to both players before leaving in FA last year.

When I look at this group I want to throw up.

Can we PLEASE draft Sammy Watkins and be done with this already? Sam one Sam can grow with as they both become stars in this league?

I just don't know if I buy into Watkins. But heck, I did want Blackmon after the trade down and Watkins is better.

Unless we want to cut Pettis, I don't see us going after Watkins. We have a lot of WR's.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I just don't know if I buy into Watkins. But heck, I did want Blackmon after the trade down and Watkins is better.

Unless we want to cut Pettis, I don't see us going after Watkins. We have a lot of WR's.
Watkins is better? You mean in terms of off the field issues?

Because Blackmon is a stud on the field and I'd have a hard time agreeing that Watkins is better than him at playing WR.

WelfareRam

UDFA
Name
Doug
I liked Lloyd as I thought he was the best receiver since Tory was around for the Rams. I'd like to see the Rams focus on a few established receivers for once in the offseason, then draft offensive lineman to protect Sam. We get this passing O going and we're going to be good.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Brandon Lloyd has to be the most decorated mediocre receiver in history.

He had over 1000 yards ONCE in his 11 season career...and over 900 yards only 3 times.

The year he was with the Rams (and partially with the Broncos) he had 966 yards. Sure, better production than we've seen around these parts in a long while...but saying he is the best receiver since Torry Holt is like saying an Oreo is the best cookie you've had since Grandma's chocolate chip cookies when all you've had is animal crackers in between.

WelfareRam

UDFA
Name
Doug
Brandon Lloyd has to be the most decorated mediocre receiver in history.

He had over 1000 yards ONCE in his 11 season career...and over 900 yards only 3 times.

The year he was with the Rams (and partially with the Broncos) he had 966 yards. Sure, better production than we've seen around these parts in a long while...but saying he is the best receiver since Torry Holt is like saying an Oreo is the best cookie you've had since Grandma's chocolate chip cookies when all you've had is animal crackers in between.
Haha, yes I agree and hopefully Granny will cook us up a batch of Oreo's with the doublestuff soon so we can get this offense rolling..

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I liked Lloyd as I thought he was the best receiver since Tory was around for the Rams. I'd like to see the Rams focus on a few established receivers for once in the offseason, then draft offensive lineman to protect Sam. We get this passing O going and we're going to be good.
IMO McDonald and Curtis were his equal or better and WAY more coachable

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Truth is, Sam has had unquestioned trust in 4 receivers during his time in St Louis, most of which where for very short periods of time due to injures:

Mark Clayton - Sam gave a brief rise to an otherwise failed high draft pick wr who was cast off by Ravens but whom immediately clicked with Bradford.

DX - Alexander's knee issues are well documented but it was the Rams and Bradford that gave him his chance and he took full advantage of it...he was the big, stud wr Sam and the Rams so desperately need unfortunately his knees failed him time and time again.

Lloyd - Sadly Sam and BL only got to play together for a very brief few games as they brought Lloyd in after Clayton's injury then am suffered his high ankle and other than a few quick glimpses of "what could have been.." Lloyd was off to his 465th team in FA!

Danny Amendola - Aw Danny, a Cowboy castoff who would run through a wall for you. He quickly became the apple of Sam's eye and had 2-3 years woth of success in between injuries to both players before leaving in FA last year.

When I look at this group I want to throw up.

Can we PLEASE draft Sammy Watkins and be done with this already? Sam one Sam can grow with as they both become stars in this league?
Yep 4 WR's he clicked with. It'd be interesting to see if he clicks with Britt while he's here

RamzFanz

Damnit
You mean like this?

No, like this:

Brandon-Gibson-One-Handed-Catch-St-Louis-Rams.gif