Do you miss Lloyd?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Penguin.

Rookie
I have been watching tape on Bradford and Brandon Lloyd. I miss how Bradford had a great, explosive number one receiver.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Lloyd's been the "best" WR that Bradford's had to work with but as much talent as he had, there's something about him that was a little off. Not just with Bradford either, he didn't exactly excel with Brady the following year either. As accurate as I think Bradford is and as accurate as Brady usually is and watching how many "bad" throws they made to Lloyd makes me think he wasn't that precise about where he was supposed to be.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Tavon just might have the capacity to make everyone forget about Brandon Lloyd really soon. Just need to let him adjust to the NFL a little more and find his groove. He has already shown flashes of what he can be for us.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I don't even think that Lloyd was his best target. His first year he connected with Mark Clayton. If Clayton hadn't gotten hurt, I think he would have been great for his development.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yes. He had a ridiculous catch radius.

RFIP

Truth is, Sam has had unquestioned trust in 4 receivers during his time in St Louis, most of which where for very short periods of time due to injures:

Mark Clayton - Sam gave a brief rise to an otherwise failed high draft pick wr who was cast off by Ravens but whom immediately clicked with Bradford.

DX - Alexander's knee issues are well documented but it was the Rams and Bradford that gave him his chance and he took full advantage of it...he was the big, stud wr Sam and the Rams so desperately need unfortunately his knees failed him time and time again.

Lloyd - Sadly Sam and BL only got to play together for a very brief few games as they brought Lloyd in after Clayton's injury then am suffered his high ankle and other than a few quick glimpses of "what could have been.." Lloyd was off to his 465th team in FA!

Danny Amendola - Aw Danny, a Cowboy castoff who would run through a wall for you. He quickly became the apple of Sam's eye and had 2-3 years woth of success in between injuries to both players before leaving in FA last year.

When I look at this group I want to throw up.

Can we PLEASE draft Sammy Watkins and be done with this already? Sam one Sam can grow with as they both become stars in this league?

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Not a bit, Lloyd was a disappointment he obviously did not want to be a part of the solution in StL

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I agree Clayton and Sam had great chemistry.

Lloyd could make some insane catches, though.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Nope, still pissed they traded away a draft pick for a journeyman never-was.

Probably the lowest I felt regarding Ram WRs. I'd honestly rather would have just rolled with what was already here.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Can we PLEASE draft Sammy Watkins and be done with this already? Sam one Sam can grow with as they both become stars in this league?

We've drafted so many WRs to 'grow with' Sam so they can both becomes stars in this league. What makes you think Sammy Watkins will be the answer over a proven vet like Jeremy Maclin?

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I hardly consider Lloyd a "great, explosive number 1..." He was a legitimate veteran. That is what we lack...but this young corps needs to come into their own and become that type of player because it sounds like that is the route the Rams are trying to take.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Nah Sted is the same guy with a better attitude ,younger and a.08 better 40 time
Sted 4.48
Lloyd 4.56

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Llyod had a knack for making the catch that he shouldn't have been able to make ..... and also not making the one's he should have...

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I liked Lloyd. Apparently NE thought he was bipolar.

Is that what happened to him. I figure it was locker room politics, in NE, to some degree. I just remember how he was talking to the young guys about how they should be worrying about their 'next' contract, which probably rubbed some higher ups the wrong way.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I hope Sam can build the same chemistry with the West Virginia boys.

I am really thinking that they don't go WR this year. Not just because of Demoffs comments but if you think of need and importance of position, coupled with quality players available when they may pick and I just don't think WR will be a first round priority for them. I wouldn't mind if I was wrong and they got Sammy. The speed on the Rams O would be insane! Nobody could key on Tavon with Sammy on the field too.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Truth is, Sam has had unquestioned trust in 4 receivers during his time in St Louis, most of which where for very short periods of time due to injures:

Mark Clayton - Sam gave a brief rise to an otherwise failed high draft pick wr who was cast off by Ravens but whom immediately clicked with Bradford.

DX - Alexander's knee issues are well documented but it was the Rams and Bradford that gave him his chance and he took full advantage of it...he was the big, stud wr Sam and the Rams so desperately need unfortunately his knees failed him time and time again.

Lloyd - Sadly Sam and BL only got to play together for a very brief few games as they brought Lloyd in after Clayton's injury then am suffered his high ankle and other than a few quick glimpses of "what could have been.." Lloyd was off to his 465th team in FA!

Danny Amendola - Aw Danny, a Cowboy castoff who would run through a wall for you. He quickly became the apple of Sam's eye and had 2-3 years woth of success in between injuries to both players before leaving in FA last year.

When I look at this group I want to throw up.

I agree with your list. Clayton got hurt early. DX got hurt often, so did DA. Lloyd was here after the high ankle sprain. My only question is Watkins the #1 he's made out to be. I've seen him play 4-5 times. Lots of short throws, he is strong, he has good hands. But they say he's like a Torry Smith. I want a Larry or Andre or Calvin or AJ . . . .not a sawed-off version of them. Oh well. I do like Tavon as an upgrade to DA.

RFIP

Torrey Smith?? Smith came in to the league and displayed very questionable hands and little power. My friend this kid has Holt's hands, Tavon's speed and Boldin's strength. he'll measure between 6' and 6'1" so he doesn't have Megatron's height but he is none the less a freak of football nature, and he'll run in the "4.3's". And he fights his ass off vs tight, press coverage AND he has an amazing catch radius due to his body control and leaping ability.

You tell me: