Do we take a chance on Netane Muti a 1st round G with injury history?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Guys that get hurt in college tend to get hurt in the pros too. He's missed most of every season. That's pretty incredible. I'll pass. I would use a late round pick on him only. I suspect many other teams would as well though, so he might well be gone by the time the Rams ought to consider him.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I think he will fall, but the 1 million dollar question is how far. Can he get to middle of the third or end of the 3rd?

He does have big red flags, but he did 44 bench reps dead lifted 1300 lbs and called a junk yard dog super nasty disposition a better Richie Incognito with out the head case baggage.
Noone has deadlifted 1300 lbs. The world record is 1100.

On another note, Saffold used to be very injury prone as well until he switched positions on the line, maybe a possible solution to the injury problem?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Noone has deadlifted 1300 lbs. The world record is 1100.

On another note, Saffold used to be very injury prone as well until he switched positions on the line, maybe a possible solution to the injury problem?

CBSSports said:
Muti became somewhat of a mythological figure at Fresno State. His strength became legendary, as he reportedly was one of two Bulldogs to bench, power clean and squat a combined 1,300 pounds this past summer.

I think that's what he meant, not a singular deadlift.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Guys a monster, if he's actually on the field. Depends on how far he falls but IMO somebody drafts him in the 2nd which is too early for my blood. Other guys might end up as good as him and should be healthier.
I doubt someone takes him in the 2nd just based on injuries
two names to consider when thinking about taking muti cooks and gurley
I understand Gurley, but Cooks was an unknown.

The bottom line is are those degenerative injuries or injuries when healed will be fine?

Memento

Name
Jemma
I doubt someone takes him in the 2nd just based on injuries
I understand Gurley, but Cooks was an unknown.

The bottom line is are those degenerative injuries or injuries when healed will be fine?

It's not degenerative. Yes, he had two Achilles tears, but other than those, I don't see the concern. Damn near every player in the NFL will miss at least one game in their career. I'm not saying take Muti in the second, but with our compensatory third? Hell yeah, I'd do that.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He's a luxury pick. We're not in a position right now to add a guy like that unless it's after a good drop.

Right now if I'm the Rams I'm looking for guys I can count on. We need a fantastic draft to get this team back in things. Rolling the dice on a guy who can't get off the trainer table hell no.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
I was thinking about muti and saffold came to mind. scaffold was very injury pron until they moved him to guard, operated on his shoulders and had him quit lifting such heavy weights. seems like I remember hearing all this changes then scaffold became very durable

Memento

Name
Jemma
I was thinking about muti and saffold came to mind. scaffold was very injury pron until they moved him to guard, operated on his shoulders and had him quit lifting such heavy weights. seems like I remember hearing all this changes then scaffold became very durable

It's different because Saffold's injuries were his shoulders; Muti's, his Achilles. But I can't help but see the talent this kid has, and as you probably know by my mocks, I mostly go for upside because I trust McVay to coach them up.

I see Muti as a great center after he's cross-trained. His mobility and strength are just not meant to be put together. Trust me, I love Biadasz, Hennessey, Ruiz, Robert Hunt. Muti's potential exceeds theirs, in my honest opinion.