Do we take a chance on Netane Muti a 1st round G with injury history?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Netane has massive upside. He dominated at Fresno State. He is ranked the #1 Guard, but teams will shy away based on an Achilles injury in 2018 and shoulder injury last year. He has given up only 2 sacks and around 10 hits total in 3 years total domination.

The analysis on him is he throws DEs and DTs around like rag dolls the actual reference was like those players were Punters.

I would if he lasts take him with our conditional 3rd.

Guard and Center to me are the three week spots on the line he would go a long way to helping the line approve.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Netane has massive upside. He dominated at Fresno State. He is ranked the #1 Guard, but teams will shy away based on an Achilles injury in 2018 and shoulder injury last year. He has given up only 2 sacks and around 10 hits total in 3 years total domination.

The analysis on him is he throws DEs and DTs around like rag dolls the actual reference was like those players were Punters.

I would if he lasts take him with our conditional 3rd.

Guard and Center to me are the three week spots on the line he would go a long way to helping the line approve.

He's going to fall because of his injury history. He's missed most of every year except for his redshirt freshman year, and the reason he was a redshirt freshman is because he got a season ending injury in his true freshman year. He'll be there with the third. I personally think that he could cross-train to be a center.

With that in mind, if he's healthy, he's the best interior lineman in this class. You're absolutely right that he's got massive upside; as a freshman, he completely stoned Alabama's front.

Last edited:

Malibu

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He's going to fall because of his injury history. He's missed most of every year except for his redshirt freshman year, and the reason he was a redshirt freshman is because he got a season ending injury in his true freshman year. He'll be there with the third. I personally think that he could cross-train to be a center.

With that in mind, if he's healthy, he's the best interior lineman in this class. You're absolutely right that he's got massive upside; as a freshman, he completely stoned Alabama's front.
I think he will fall, but the 1 million dollar question is how far. Can he get to middle of the third or end of the 3rd?

He does have big red flags, but he did 44 bench reps dead lifted 1300 lbs and called a junk yard dog super nasty disposition a better Richie Incognito with out the head case baggage.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Don't know if you realized it, but you scared the hell outta me in taking him in the draft with "he missed most of every year..." due to injury....YIKES!

Memento

Name
Jemma
Don't know if you realized it, but you scared the hell outta me in taking him in the draft with "he missed most of every year..." due to injury....YIKES!

True...but when healthy - which he is - he's the best interior lineman in this class. He'll be a steal for some team in the third or fourth.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
True...but when healthy - which he is - he's the best interior lineman in this class. He'll be a steal for some team in the third or fourth.
He's only a steal for other teams, if he's consistently in the games. He was injured multiple times against college players, will he be less so against pro players?

Memento

Name
Jemma
He's only a steal for other teams, if he's consistently in the games. He was injured multiple times against college players, will he be less so against pro players?

I can't really answer that, Leroy. The kid is physically ready for the NFL and has been physically ready for some time. His injuries were to his Achilles (both true frosh year and junior year) and his shoulder. But again, I trust in his film, and the film says that he's the best interior lineman in this class.

So maybe you take a guy like Biadasz, Hennessey, or Ruiz, but for my money, Muti is better than all of them.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Knowing absolutely nothing except what I've read on this thread I'll say this:

He's healthy now because he's not playing now. Let him start playing and he went be healthy anymore. He's proven that over his college career as well.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Knowing absolutely nothing except what I've read on this thread I'll say this:

He's healthy now because he's not playing now. Let him start playing and he went be healthy anymore. He's proven that over his college career as well.

I know it's different positions, but look at Gronkowski. He had a degenerative back problem, but when he got into the NFL, he played and broke records. I see Muti being a similar kind of situation, if not the HOF/breaking records kind.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I know it's different positions, but look at Gronkowski. He had a degenerative back problem, but when he got into the NFL, he played and broke records. I see Muti being a similar kind of situation, if not the HOF/breaking records kind.
He also sold his soul for health and played for, literally, the devil's favorite general (at least I'm pretty sure Steve jobs liked him a lot).

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Availability is too important on the OL. It would be tough for me to spend a Day 2 pick on a guy who can't stay on the field.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Availability is too important on the OL. It would be tough for me to spend a Day 2 pick on a guy who can't stay on the field.

Agreed, I'm still sad Barrett Jones didn't pan out due to that Lisfranc injury

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Those Achilles injuries is the kiss of death in most sports.
I say a hard no for that reason alone. I would only use a 7th on him. And we need a kicker in Rd 6

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Guys a monster, if he's actually on the field. Depends on how far he falls but IMO somebody drafts him in the 2nd which is too early for my blood. Other guys might end up as good as him and should be healthier.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Picks are so important. Then you realize a great deal of picks never make it. I read up on him and it's the hasn't been able to reach his true potential.

I think man if he pans out it could be a the long term investment for the team. Players with any type of negative label typically have that chip on their shoulder against the rest of the league. I am probably wrong but I like that in a football player. That one moment when they tell themselves.....F*** everyone but man I am going to play my arse off for the Rams.

AD didn't have the injury issue, just got slammed for his height and weight. Boy all those teams missed out on a generational player (thankfully the Rams didn't even with their wasted 2nd pick GR).

So, YES DRAFT HIM. I hope he makes it to the 3rd and they nab him up.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Those Achilles injuries is the kiss of death in most sports.
I say a hard no for that reason alone. I would only use a 7th on him. And we need a kicker in Rd 6

^ This.

Guys a monster, if he's actually on the field. Depends on how far he falls but IMO somebody drafts him in the 2nd which is too early for my blood. Other guys might end up as good as him and should be healthier.

^ This.

Picks are so important. Then you realize a great deal of picks never make it. I read up on him and it's the hasn't been able to reach his true potential.

I think man if he pans out it could be a the long term investment for the team. Players with any type of negative label typically have that chip on their shoulder against the rest of the league. I am probably wrong but I like that in a football player. That one moment when they tell themselves.....F*** everyone but man I am going to play my arse off for the Rams.

AD didn't have the injury issue, just got slammed for his height and weight. Boy all those teams missed out on a generational player (thankfully the Rams didn't even with their wasted 2nd pick GR).

So, YES DRAFT HIM. I hope he makes it to the 3rd and they nab him up.

^ This.

no thanks. The Rams don't have the picks to risk one on an injury prone player

^ This.

giphy.gif

^ This.