Difficulty evaluating the 2021 draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One thing that keeps occurring to me is that there's going to be a ton of deviation on NFL team boards going into this draft. So it seems like the teams that do the best job in diving deeper and are willing to spend on ensuring they have covered as much of the class as possible are going to see more of a boost than they might in a normal year.

Even as early as round 2 there is probably a good chance some players on your board that in a normal year wouldn't get to you will either get to your pick or get close enough to where you can go get them.

I really think this is going to be one of the craziest drafts we've seen in a long time. Have to think that Snead is thinking of stealing a legit impact player there in round 2.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This is the draft to simply have picks. The more the better.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Any word on the positional strength for the 2021 draft?

Wide receiver, for sure. Quarterback is stronger than most years with Lawrence, Fields, and Lance at the very top, all of whom could be franchise QBs.

Memento

Name
Jemma
This might be the worst group of inside defensive linemen I’ve ever seen for a draft.

Yeah, there's not really a single elite defensive lineman (unless you count the kid from USC, and he's not only not falling to us, but he has his own issues as well). It's not even particularly deep either (although I am interested in Mustafa Johnson of Colorado at the fourth round, maybe?) Marvin Wilson's (Florida State) fallen off a cliff after his junior year.

Inside linebacker, cornerback, outside linebacker. That's where we should be focusing our draft resources on, along with offensive line.

spamlord

Rookie
Yeah, there's not really a single elite defensive lineman (unless you count the kid from USC, and he's not only not falling to us, but he has his own issues as well). It's not even particularly deep either (although I am interested in Mustafa Johnson of Colorado at the fourth round, maybe?) Marvin Wilson's (Florida State) fallen off a cliff after his junior year.

Inside linebacker, cornerback, outside linebacker. That's where we should be focusing our draft resources on, along with offensive line.
The ILB Landman is the guy from Colorado I’d be looking at in the mid rounds. It all depends on how he times. Johnson looks a smallish to me.

I was big on Wilson, but haven’t watched him this year yet. I understand he’s injured again.

I need to watch Neal (Purdue) some more- had some impact plays last week.

Memento

Name
Jemma
The ILB Landman is the guy from Colorado I’d be looking at in the mid rounds. It all depends on how he times. Johnson looks a smallish to me.

I was big on Wilson, but haven’t watched him this year yet. I understand he’s injured again.

I need to watch Neal (Purdue) some more- had some impact plays last week.

Johnson is small and has short arms as well, but he's good at pass-rushing, which is something we'll desperately need from our interior if Fox leaves. If I'm looking for an inside linebacker, I'd pick Nick Bolton out of Missouri (and no, it's not just that I'm a homer; Bolton is legit.)

Wilson has been invisible when he wasn't injured. I get that Florida State has little talent, but that's no excuse.

spamlord

Rookie
Johnson is small and has short arms as well, but he's good at pass-rushing, which is something we'll desperately need from our interior if Fox leaves. If I'm looking for an inside linebacker, I'd pick Nick Bolton out of Missouri (and no, it's not just that I'm a homer; Bolton is legit.)

Wilson has been invisible when he wasn't injured. I get that Florida State has little talent, but that's no excuse.
Oh, I know about Bolton. He'll be gone by the mid rounds, though.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Oh, I know about Bolton. He'll be gone by the mid rounds, though.

I was definitely thinking third round to get him, though; he'll be available then because he's short and small with not much physical projection remaining.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Man we had players sitting out the year, tons of transfers etc etc.

Yeap gonna be a hard 1 to grade.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
This year more than any other, we'll have teams evaluating players with WILDLY divergent grades.

one team will have a guy as a 2nd and others will have him as a maybe 4th-5th.

2nd and 3rd day of the draft are gonna be crazy.