Did the Colts make a mistake dumping Manning?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
lockdnram21 said:
I will give manning his props hes the best qb but he still chokes when it counts

I won't characterize that statement cuz it isn't what we do here, but when it counts is every Sunday in the NFL and I think the fact that he's taken inferior teams i.e. ones with lesser defenses as far as he has repeatedly HAS won a SB etc. lost in conference championships to ultimate SB winners ( one that HAD the 49r's buried until a power outage ) is something that speaks for itself and the qualifier you mention is not warranted.

Manning had the AFC championship won, he wasn't who gave up a ridiculously bone headed touchdown to the Ravens last year and FWIW,I think Thursday night should gave been all the evidence anyone needed to realize ,the Broncos had they switched QB's with the Ravens last year would never have BEEN in the AFC championship game.

Manning is the best period ,coaches sit and learn from him.
He threw for seven touchdowns when the Ravens completely shut his running game down,I've heard it said the last TD would never have BEEN thrown had the Broncos 4 minute offense worked.
He had to throw,they made the Broncos one dimensional which is what every defense strives for ,if the Broncos had just said F the run he'd probably thrown for 8 or 9 TD's.
Manning threw 42 times with 7 TDs,one in six attempts went for a TD
They ran 23 times if he'd thrown all those times statistically that's another 4 TDs , nah man he's JUST the best, but Indy has a kid who may be the next "best".
Sometimes ya fall in a barrel of shit and come out smellin like lilac,Indy did.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anyone else wonder if he is doing a "Men in Black" time freeze/mind blank on us and the Play Clock? I swear, the huddle time looks normal for his teams, but when they line up and he gets behind center, there's always something like 18 seconds left on the play clock! Rams line up, it's typically significantly less than 18 seconds. I'd love to know how the hell he does it. That's a huge factor why he gets to adjust and re-adjust his audibles, have a smoke, flirt with the girls, do a car commercial and still have time to snap the ball before a delay of game penalty.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
RamsSince1969 said:
Anyone else wonder if he is doing a "Men in Black" time freeze/mind blank on us and the Play Clock? I swear, the huddle time looks normal for his teams, but when they line up and he gets behind center, there's always something like 18 seconds left on the play clock! Rams line up, it's typically significantly less than 18 seconds. I'd love to know how the hell he does it. That's a huge factor why he gets to adjust and re-adjust his audibles, have a smoke, flirt with the girls, do a car commercial and still have time to snap the ball before a delay of game penalty.
It certainly makes other QB's who take DoG penalties look inept doesn't it ?