Deshaun Watson wants to be traded. Bears?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I think the Watson story is a great topic, if it can be discussed outside of a Rams trading for him theme. There's no chance. However, it is amazing to me how disconnected that franchise is to hire a guy whom the star QB is so clearly not interested in working with. And with good reason. They went to the Patriots well already and it was a disaster.
I can see him getting traded, just cant imagine what the comp would be. If I'm the Jets, I'm calling them up for sure. They could offer 3 1st rounders and Darnold if Houston wanted. They have the cap room.

Nick Caserio is apparently well respected and has a good resume. He didn't have final say on the roster decisions or moves there, it was all Bellyfat. We won't know how he does until he does. Remember Les Snead only had 2 years at the FO level and, at best, was 50/50 with the roster decisions with Jeff Fisher.

Deshaun's issue is that apparently won't interview Eric B. from the Chiefs, which is the made up part from Foolio. I personally think while EB does have the background, any team would have to be stupid to assume the success will automatically translate over.

Good for him but it's not happening. They're struggling to maintain their fanbase after what BoB did to them. The fact that their feeble owner left Eassterby with more power than he should have. I know Watson is pissed because they didn't even request an interview with Bienemy and they told QB1 he'd have input in the GM and HC choices and ended up giving him none but I can't see them trading him. There will be as big of a fan revolt in Houston as their is in Cleveland with the baseball fans right now.

And for the record I'm a huge Watson fan.

Jack Easterby is why people are pissed. He reminds me of John Shaw during his final days here.

Having said it all that matters is what they do going forward. I'm willing to give them a chance at least.

Marc Spector

Rookie
why the hell wont they interview Bienemy? If its the legal stuff then thats a load given that Mike Vrabel was a DC there.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Great daydreaming posts on a great young QB named Watson above .......Its difficult to return to the real Ram QB world as it is today & going into the future. Very disappointing looking forward with this QB situation & the Ram team draining Salary ramifications that are fused to it.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams : “We got this stud as our back up that some call Wolfy. What do you think about a straight up trade for Watson, plus a second rounder?”

Texans: ”Well Caucasian, that’s all you had to say! DEAL!

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Even if there were no cap ramifications, Goff/Ramsey/Donald probably wouldn't even be enough for them, and it'd be too much for us.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Deshaun's issue is that apparently won't interview Eric B. from the Chiefs, which is the made up part from Foolio. I personally think while EB does have the background, any team would have to be stupid to assume the success will automatically translate over.
DeShaun's issue is that he was supposed to have input with hiring the new HC and they went and hired this guy. I dont know anything about what "Foolio" said, I have been tracking this since Deshaun's cryptic tweet on Wednesday.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Seems as though this isn’t speculation by ‘one’ person but a real situation that we could potentially come up on.

I’ve read other comments and I disagree we’d have to give up a star player besides Goff and I’d make that trade for Watson for Goff 10 out of 10 times.

If it involves some picks so be it but Watson is the type of mobile QB that is perfect for a McVay offense. There was a lot of debate in regard to Wolfords abilities and him being the QB, imagine Watson being in this offense? That’s a dynasty in the making.

They get Goffs contract we get Deshauns, swap some picks and we’d both be good. Let’s see how things play out.

Flint

Pro Bowler
Rev Ike apparently likes the idea, Desilva is reporting that Ike has endorsed the idea if Les could figure it out. No mention of what we should do with our current qb.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah he'd be worth a first rounder. My only concern is how often he gets hurt. He'd have to play smarter imo
He's worth a heck of a lot more than a single first rounder. He's got a workable contract and is a legit MVP type player. A potential "elite" player.
Rams traded what, 2 1sts, 2 2nds and a 3rd for 1st pick? Seems like legit comp for Watson

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good for him but it's not happening. They're struggling to maintain their fanbase after what BoB did to them. The fact that their feeble owner left Eassterby with more power than he should have. I know Watson is pissed because they didn't even request an interview with Bienemy and they told QB1 he'd have input in the GM and HC choices and ended up giving him none but I can't see them trading him. There will be as big of a fan revolt in Houston as their is in Cleveland with the baseball fans right now.

And for the record I'm a huge Watson fan.
I hear you, they'd be pissed at first but they would quickly be behind Justin Fields/Zack Wilson and the Jets other 1st and 2nd round picks. They would have to get a huge haul for this to happen. Wont be a Bill O'Brien special thats for sure

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah the Texans aren't going to gift us Watson. Now that Bob's gone that particular gravy train is over lol.

How about this novel idea... Since the Rams paid a pocket QB a shit ton of money why don't they build an offensive line that can protect him? That's what I'd be focused on right now. It's hard to evaluate a pocket QB when he can't set his fucking feet without Blythe or Boom or whoever else as well as the guy they're blocking ending up in his lap in 1.5 seconds.

Also I think we need to ensure there's enough competition at QB to keep Goff from being too comfortable next season. Though to what extent I do that comes down to how Goff plays here in the playoffs. This is his moment to show us he's the guy IMO. So we're gonna know a lot more about all that here soon.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jacksonville calls Houston and offers the #1 pick for Watson, who hangs up first?

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
He's worth a heck of a lot more than a single first rounder. He's got a workable contract and is a legit MVP type player. A potential "elite" player.
Rams traded what, 2 1sts, 2 2nds and a 3rd for 1st pick? Seems like legit comp for Watson
I dunno. What were the Texans record again?
Wilson is an elite player. Without him the seacocks are a 4 win team. Much like the Texans are. Let's move wilson to the Texans. He instantly makes them at least an 8 to 10 win team. He's am elite talent. I don't think Watson is quite there

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I would do Watson for Goff in a second. I think anyone would. So why would Houston?

However, if we trade Goff + X, that might get it done. Houston has no 1st round pick. They can't draft a replacement. So if they need to trade for one, Goff might well be the best option available. It isn't exactly easy to get a young, #1 QB, with no health concerns or attitude concerns or off-field issues, that has proven they can win games. Those aren't really available often if ever. If they want a quick re-build, and need to move on at QB while dealing from a position of weakness, a package centred around Goff might be about as good as they could hope for.

I bet it's a pipe dream though.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
Jacksonville calls Houston and offers the #1 pick for Watson, who hangs up first?
Jacksonville. Salary-controlled Lawrence at QB is how teams turn things around long-term. Giving that up for Watson would just turn them into Houston 2.0.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
DeShaun's issue is that he was supposed to have input with hiring the new HC and they went and hired this guy. I dont know anything about what "Foolio" said, I have been tracking this since Deshaun's cryptic tweet on Wednesday.

Well they haven't hired the coach yet, but the rumor is that the team won't interview EB. This is all Nick Caserio the GM.

I know the tweet your mentioning. Foolio basically took that tweet and ran with it. He's the one that "broke" the story and it took off. None of the credible reporters (Schefter, Rappaport) have really said he was unhappy until after this thing caught on.

I dunno. What were the Texans record again?
Wilson is an elite player. Without him the seacocks are a 4 win team. Much like the Texans are. Let's move wilson to the Texans. He instantly makes them at least an 8 to 10 win team. He's am elite talent. I don't think Watson is quite there

He absolutely is elite. Had no OL, one good receiver after Will Fuller got hurt, an interim defensive coach, and the worst defense in the league. Still had less than 10 picks.

Many of their losses or one possession or less. They had the Titans and Colts both times they played them. But stupidity (letting Derrick Henry score a 90 yard TD, AJ Brown a 50 yard pass, botched snap by the center, etc) made them lose. Deshaun can only do so much with the team he was on.