Dear Foles Haters...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Keenum's mom would've pulled the trigger on wide open receivers.
Foles was BRUTAL today. A slightly below average NFL QB wins that game. Yes, there were drops but there were FAR more poorly thrown balls than dropped balls.
As far as the stink factor goes in today's game, Foles led the pack easily. The OL came in second with Cook making the podium, again, in third.

The guy has not been seeing the field well since... week 1? I love want that Nick Foles bank. IDK who this other guy is. No idea what's going on...

I will say this, though. After he missed Kenny the first time, he hit him twice later.

Maybe, JUST MAYBE, our passing offense will improve dramatically over the second half of the year?

Yeah, I'm gonna reserve judgement.

I know I said this before, but this unit is very new and learning. Even Cig is mixing and matching trying to find the perfect recipe. Hopefully he throws the "I'm running up the middle on first down regardless of the stacked 4-3 that has all eyes on Gurley" ingredient out. Just maybe he'll figure out that is a GREAT time to stress the perimeters because the defense has numbers in the middle. Gotta take what the D gives you, not force feed right into the teeth.

Clearly there is a lot of work to do, lots of question marks. And honestly, being it is mid season and this is a steady trend, that's not a good thing. However, the Giants figured if out late last year. It can be done.

Just maybe :thinking:

Debacled

Starter
New year, new calls for "BRING IN THE BACKUP"

Love him or hate him he is the best option. Mannion is a rookie and who knows what he will provide down the line. Everybody knows what Keenum is, and its not an improvement over Foles.

His biggest problem is he doesn't progress through reads, if his first read isn't there its a wasted play. He tries to go deep more than any QB we've seen start here since Warner, but more often that not it ends up looking like a forced pass. The check down the Kendricks and then the checkdown lob (which was an ugly pass) to Gurley are two of the very few times I've seen him progress down to another read this year. That and he floats quite a few easy passes.

To be fair, he is getting beat down behind that line. He may not be taking sacks, but he is getting hit hard way too frequently.

Penguin.

Rookie
I was for the guy. I really liked him, blamed the line, lack of run game, and talentless WRs.

Now that I take a closer look, he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. He misses open receivers all the time, if he even sees them open. He throws ducks, and not darts. He is always throwing off his back foot, and to the outside and never in the deep middle. The only thing that he has better than Sam is a knee not made of glass.

jjab360

Legend
This year has been frustrating, but the talent is there for Foles.

Cigs' playcalling has been overlooked because of how well the misdirection and run game has worked, but it's been really bad at times, the pass protection has been abysmal, and his weapons have struggled to get open and dropped potential game winning passes when they're there for the taking.

Trust me, even Tom Brady would look bad in this offense right now. Ridiculous as that sounds, lest we not forget early 2013 when people thought it was over for Tommy but it turned out the rest of his offense was just sucking ass without Gronk in there.

jjab360

Legend
As far as today in particular goes, are we really just going to ignore the 18 mph winds in the desperate search for a scapegoat? Bridgewater missed a ton of wide open passes as well, don't hear any Vikings fans calling for his head. You'll say excuses, in this case it's synonymous with logical reasoning.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I feel your pain, especially with Quick and Britt on the roster. I just wonder how much of that is on Nick himself and how much is on the coaches. If plays are there to be made in the middle, they should be jumping down his throat and emphasizing it in practice.
Excellent point.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The wind gusts were higher than 20 mph. It was a major reason for the passing game foes yesterday.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
As far as today in particular goes, are we really just going to ignore the 18 mph winds in the desperate search for a scapegoat? Bridgewater missed a ton of wide open passes as well, don't hear any Vikings fans calling for his head. You'll say excuses, in this case it's synonymous with logical reasoning.

N. Foles - 18/33 (55%) 168 yds 0 TD 0 INT Loss (Subtract the bomb to Britt and the line is 17/32 (53%) for 113 yds.) Those are some bad NFL numbers.
T. Bridgewater - 13/21 (62% ) 144 yds 0 TD 1 INT WIN Those are some bad NFL numbers as well. But, I'd bet we'd all like to have the W instead of the L and that's what it comes down to on Sunday.

I don't think scapegoat is the correct word here. Foles had a very, very poor game. Bridgewater's wasn't great either but it was enough to beat the Rams' offense.

The Vikings fans are calling for TB's head. They've been out looking for it since Joyner knocked it off! ;)

jjab360

Legend
N. Foles - 18/33 (55%) 168 yds 0 TD 0 INT Loss (Subtract the bomb to Britt and the line is 17/32 (53%) for 113 yds.) Those are some bad NFL numbers.
T. Bridgewater - 13/21 (62% ) 144 yds 0 TD 1 INT WIN Those are some bad NFL numbers as well. But, I'd bet we'd all like to have the W instead of the L and that's what it comes down to on Sunday.

I don't think scapegoat is the correct word here. Foles had a very, very poor game. Bridgewater's wasn't great either but it was enough to beat the Rams' offense.
W-L Record is not a QB stat, no matter how many media heads try to make it one. Bridgewater didn't play much, if any, better than Foles on Sunday.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
W-L Record is not a QB stat, no matter how many media heads try to make it one. Bridgewater didn't play much, if any, better than Foles on Sunday.

QB stats don't count for anything. Wins and losses do...

You're right, Bridgewater didn't play much better than Foles. That's how bad Foles played yesterday. Had it been the other way around, maybe the Rams win instead of the Vikings and the tone of things around here would be at least a little different. I'm not calling for Foles' head or anything here, he just needs to pick it up and lead his team. He hasn't been very good with that for some time now. He has eight games left this season. He's going to have to win six of them to have a shot at the postseason.

Irish

Starter
The question about Foles at the time of the trade was whether or not his 27 TD and 3 INT season was the anomaly or if his statistically pedestrian season was the anomaly.

I think we have that answer.

Foles needs to be surrounded by superior skill position talent, an above average o line, and a great offensive play caller to succeed, on top of a ton of dumb luck. Unfortunately for him, he has the opposite of all of those things in St. Louis, and he isn't even pedestrian at this point. He is drowning and there is no life preserver on this team.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Yeah maybe he's not the greatest but he's far from the worst in the NFL.

Well he is not really far from the worst at all. In your standard QB rating he sits at 27th of 32. In the ESPN QBR he ranks 30 or 32. So I am sorry to say he really is pretty close to the worst.....he is far from good lol.

I understand it can be frustrating to read all the negativity but I think it applies in the case of Foles. He has not performed and its effecting the team.

jjab360

Legend
QB stats don't count for anything. Wins and losses do...
Football is a team game. Foles did not lose this game alone. Bridgewater did not win this game alone. This is not tennis. This is not golf.

Statistics don't win games, but they are used for comparison of individual accomplishments. Winning is the ultimate goal, but the better QBs do not always win and the worse do not always lose. Or is Trent Dilfer (1 Superbowl) a better QB than Dan Marino (0 Superbowls)?

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Please stop what? Foles was shocking today. He deserves every bit of criticism tonight.

The thousands of wayward throws and constant checkdowns are ridiculous. At the start of the season I was willing to put it down to poor OL and running a new system. But its week 9 now, he needs to step up and make a fu cking play. We're the worst offence in the NFL.. THE WORST.. Comes down to him

The 95% of times that Gurley was stuffed yesterday are on Foles ??? I think he has to be much better, but I think the garbage tags and such are over the top...OK, I'm done with this now...This, like so many other topics here, will be beaten beyond to death, all the way to the carcass decaying and smelling horrible...Enjoy that...

KDS73

Rookie
Is this the watershed moment of the forum where people criticizing Foles started being labeled "haters"? Do we really want to go down that road? If so, what are we going to call people who continue to make excuses for him? "Foles fellators" maybe? Or " Nickscuse makers." ???

How bout we just respect others' opinions without putting labels on them? Unless you want a label yourself of course.

RamzFanz

Damnit
- Dead last in passing yards among starting QBs (ok...not really. Big Ben and Mariota are behind him.....but they've actually missed games.....and are only about 200 behind. That's awful)

- 28th in Completion %. Only an injured Luck, a rookie Winston, an all offense goes thru him Newton, and Bortles are worse. And all out outperforming in virtually every other stat.

- 24th yards/attempt

- 28th in passing TDs.

- 27th in passer rating

- He's actually taken some of the fewest sacks amongst NFL QBs.....

All while stinking up the joint. He's dreadful. And he's not the worst.....he's barely keeping his head above water.

So you're saying he's not the worst?! :yess:

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bradford needs to be surrounded by superior skill position talent, an above average o line, and a great offensive play caller to succeed, on top of a ton of dumb luck.
FIFY