Dear Foles Haters...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
Why? Why don't we have other options?

Blaine Freaking Gabbert is making plays in place of Colin Sackorpick right now.

It's depressing when Footsteps Gabbert is 11/19 for 141 with 2 TDs behind an even shittier O-Line.

And Foles, week in and week out, can't really buy a TD.

He's basically averaging 1 TD a game....and that's inflated by his 3 TD performance against he Cardinals. Outside of that, it's 1 or none.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
I believe that Keenum would offer us some functional mobility. I also think Keenum would pull the trigger on wide open, primary receivers.

If we are going to shitcan the season with a player that is not helping us, I'd sure rather, we take a look at what else we have. I'll say this about any player that is not performing, or improving.

I was having arguments with myself about some of our last drives. I was saying, "Pass it, pass it". Then I was saying, "freak it, don't pass it, because you'll freak it up". If I was coaching this game, would I have trusted Foles with the ball... and if we can't trust him, then why the hell is he in there?

I'm so freaking confused.
Keenum's mom would've pulled the trigger on wide open receivers.
Foles was BRUTAL today. A slightly below average NFL QB wins that game. Yes, there were drops but there were FAR more poorly thrown balls than dropped balls.
As far as the stink factor goes in today's game, Foles led the pack easily. The OL came in second with Cook making the podium, again, in third.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Come to think of it, the only plays I seem to remember him making are either comebacks, Play action Go and Post routes or WR Screens. I can't remember even a ten yard or 15 yard dig hit in stride.

It was like that a lot of the time in Philly, too.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
must be why they kicked him out of houston for brain hoyer.

Keenum's biggest problem is that he doesn't look like an NFL starting QB, and he doesn't throw 75 yards in practice. He did ok in Texas. I think he can run this offense.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Man. So much negativity. Hopefully there's more enthusiasm next week. See you guys then.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Even though the OL is terrible Foles is just not a quality QB. Like a commentator on Football Night in America just said "Cam Newton is getting it done despite not having any good receivers." I agree. The Rams don't need a #1WR they need a QB, OL, OLB, and DB depth

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All I have to say is if "X", one of the most optimistic guys on the board is not happy with the way Foles is playing, it must be some pretty bad football. I think after the Greenbay game, all those vicious hits he took, he's damaged goods. I will say, he takes a licking and keeps on ticking, but he doesn't keep the correct time anymore.

fearsomefour

Legend
Please stop. He's not going anywhere, we just signed the guy an extension. Yeah maybe he's not the greatest but he's far from the worst in the NFL. We have other issues to focus on anyway.

Not going to turn this into a "what we need" thread, just please stop it with the ridiculous Foles hating. Can't believe some of the stuff I read on here regarding our QB.
Smith (NYJ)
Manning (Denver)....age
Winston
Kaperdoodle

Those are the starting (back ups playing because of injury I am not counting) I would not want over Foles. Pretty short list. That is not based on potential. I am staying behind Foles but I think the coaches need to take the handcuffs off the passing game a bit. I think this will benefit the O as a whole as well as Foles. He has some good traits, he is very tough and throws a nice deep ball, but, his limitations really hamper the passing game....but, other things are hampering it as well.
I don't understand pointless bashing or personalizing it, but, I also don't understand the mindset that being critical is someone being a bad fan. Or not a real fan. Or a fair weather fan or whatever.
I think Foles and the passing game has a shot to have some good games coming up vs the Bears and Ravens. I wouldn't mind see what Keenum could do with the offense but that isn't going to happen and really should not. The team is 4-4 with some winnable games coming up. I wouldn't make a change at this point. The Rams do need to find out if he is capable of running a real passing game however.

fearsomefour

Legend
My point is we are conservative but when we do open up the play book ie, the ayers that never was too Britt, Foles can't convert
I don't think throwing deep vs man coverage is opening up the play book.
Getting other guys involved would help. The majority of it seems to be WR screens and variations of the little out routes, giving the QB a basket to throw it into and eliminates risk. The mission statement so far seems to be just don't turn it over. Makes sense in a way with our D. But, when the run game gets stuffed the passing game needs to be able to do something. Foles made some nice throws today and missed some guys.

DenverRam

Starter
Even though the OL is terrible Foles is just not a quality QB. Like a commentator on Football Night in America just said "Cam Newton is getting it done despite not having any good receivers." I agree. The Rams don't need a #1WR they need a QB, OL, OLB, and DB depth
Did the commentator forget about Greg Olson?

fearsomefour

Legend
He won't throw over the middle. It's so frustrating.
This is what I have been whining about since the trade really but for the last couple of weeks endlessly.
The little WR out is a safe throw but limits YAC. The WR screens are very predictable. Im not going to bash Foles for the lack of TDs because he is not throwing picks either (one big TD game vs the Cardinals and one big Int game vs GB).
The lack of the part of the passing game that is standard for most teams really limits what they can do. Slants, crosses, digs ect....that 10-15 yard pass is just not there.
It was interesting, I read somewhere that Rogers has more throws outside the hashes than anyone in the league....no idea if that was this year or not.
I sincerely don't think the problem is getting a stud WR (although that would be nice)....the passing game is just handcuffed. The approach of just don't turn it over and run for 6 yards a carry can certainly win a number of games every year, but, the O needs to be able to make some plays....even if that is just converting some third downs.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Dude are you watching the same guy?

Our passing offense was better last year with Austin freaking Davis. And we had no threat of Gurley and a mediocre Tavon.

Foles is garbage.

What is all this noise about Tavon?! He had 8.3 YPC and 179 yards. WTH?

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
He won't throw over the middle. It's so frustrating.

I feel your pain, especially with Quick and Britt on the roster. I just wonder how much of that is on Nick himself and how much is on the coaches. If plays are there to be made in the middle, they should be jumping down his throat and emphasizing it in practice.

fearsomefour

Legend
I feel your pain, especially with Quick and Britt on the roster. I just wonder how much of that is on Nick himself and how much is on the coaches. If plays are there to be made in the middle, they should be jumping down his throat and emphasizing it in practice.
I think they are protecting him, don't trust him to make the plays....not physically but being on time with throws, finding the guys in coverage. I think they should take the handcuffs off and see how he does.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I think they are protecting him, don't trust him to make the plays....not physically but being on time with throws, finding the guys in coverage. I think they should take the handcuffs off and see how he does.

Maybe so. Either way, they need to see what he can do exploiting that area of the field. Teams now pretty much know what we are going to do with Gurley and Austin, and we need to find a counter to make them pay for stacking the box.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Foles is playing terribly, but who could we possibly start that will be better? Keenum? Mannion? They don't inspire too much confidence in me.
I just don't know, man. We need to figure this offense out quick though, before we blow our playoff chances.