DRAFT Day two: Rds 2 and 3

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Feels good to have that defensive front done with the first two picks. Rams not fuckin around. Now maybe a rotational element DL but either way that defensive roster looks a ton better already.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Would've preferred Rakestraw or Dejean, but I can't argue with taking Fiske, who would be going in the first round in next year's class, were he eligible. We needed a versatile defensive tackle and we got one.
You took that well.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's true that a future pick is worth less. But it should've been a future third, if not a fourth. The PFF guys like Fiske, but said Snead got raped (as he ALWAYS does in trades).
Rams must have been really high on Fiske.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Benson is about to be a Cowgirl.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Looks like we got a D line that will pressure the QB. Good start to the draft. Only hate that we gave up so much but if Fiske pans out, who gives a shit.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Looks like we got a D line that will pressure the QB. Good start to the draft. Only hate that we gave up so much but if Fiske pans out, who gives a shit.

We moved up in the second with our second and a fifth, as well as a second in a weaker class. We kept both of our thirds this year for potential trades. We have two thirds next year. It was more than worth the risk to trade up.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's it. Two powerful young bucks added to that front. If they hit it's all good. Both have great work ethics so let's fuckin go. :fistbump1:

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
We moved up in the second with our second and a fifth, as well as a second in a weaker class. We kept both of our thirds this year for potential trades. We have two thirds next year. It was more than worth the risk to trade up.
I am tending to agree, the drop off at DT after Fiske is big IMO. Jenkins is solid, but not nearly as good as Fiske IMO. Just wish we had jumped the gun slightly earlier for Newton. No biggie.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Agree, would have no problem with a playmaker at S or CB, and especially one if the few top LBs falls. Considering no guarantees on keeping Earnest Jones, you would think they draft an insurance policy tonight or early tomorrow.
My sentiments exactly.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
We ain't picking for a while. Gotta wait for almost 40 picks to pass before we get to 83. Not sure who we target. But it would not surprise me if its an offensive pick. I've seen some mocks having us pick tight end Ben Sinnot. With Davis Allen and Colby Parkinson I'm not sure we need a tight end at that spot. Maybe later in the draft on day 3.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I can’t believe they went edge/DT. Those were the two huge needs - which I thought would mean we’d go WR/RB. Pleasantly surprised by Snead.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
It's true that a future pick is worth less. But it should've been a future third, if not a fourth. The PFF guys like Fiske, but said Snead got raped (as he ALWAYS does in trades).
A future 3rd wouldn't have been enough per the trade chart. Generally, the person moving up is more desperate so they may pay a premium.