Darnold to Panthers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Jets....Zach Wilson

49ers....Mac Jones

seems you might be right ??? That is a bold move though.Will be interesting, because of how they locked themselves into that spot.The timing was there,but the value prediction around Mock’s show him after 104

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
seems you might be right ??? That is a bold move though.Will be interesting, because of how they locked themselves into that spot.The timing was there,but the value prediction around Mock’s show him after 104

I don't pay much attention to that, those are the same people that say they like Zach Wilson over Trevor Lawrence because Lawrence has not really shined in big games, however, Zach Wilson at BYU has never seen a big game in his life.

Tano

Legend
Good luck to Darnold. He got dealt with a shit hand from the start, and I hope he does well until he plays us.
The Jets are just a pathetic organization and when he went to the Jets I said - well there is another very good USC QB that is going to suck in the NFL.

TheTackle

Starter
I know it’s the Jets, but everything points to Darnold being worse than Bridgewater who is a little unlucky to now be a reserve

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know it’s the Jets, but everything points to Darnold being worse than Bridgewater who is a little unlucky to now be a reserve
I think Bridgewater will get released and end up in San Fran backing up/mentoring their draft pick.
Ultimately though, Bridgewater is better than Darnold and I think Rhule made a mistake here

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
It’s interesting reading the fans of these teams. Majority of Jets fans wanted to keep Darnold and build around him. Panthers fans can’t wait to get rid of Teddy.

Tano

Legend
I have watched both in the pros and Bridgewater is done as a QB. Darnold still has a chance. He was QB for the worst offensive team ever. He had absolutely no one to get the ball to last year.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I don't pay much attention to that, those are the same people that say they like Zach Wilson over Trevor Lawrence because Lawrence has not really shined in big games, however, Zach Wilson at BYU has never seen a big game in his life.

What about Trey Lance or Justin Fields ? Both are rated higher.

Who did The Rams trade there
#2 over overall pick to ?
I know Shanahan hand pick Jimmy G.
He was the OC his dad with RG111
He also went to the SuperBowl with
Matt Ryan.

the point being what type of QB does he like when having a pick in a open field. —Rumors are Rumors so I’m waiting to see.Going back to The Rams trading there 2nd rd pick & drafting Tory Holt. You look at the depth of that draft & there was not much talent after the 2nd rd. Ricky Williams was a 5th pick & first 3 picks were QB’s..& 5 QB’s with the first 12 picks.
1.Tim Couch
2.Donavan Mcnab
3.Akeil Smith
11.Donta Culpepper
12.Cade McKown

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Mac Jones gonna be a bust IMO. Alabama has top flight offensive talent surrounding their QBs every year. Their QBs never become much in the NFL.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I realize we may struggle early, but I REALLY like how the D is set to do more disguises. With a rookie QB and Murray who's not all that experienced, I think those disguises are gonna really help us on D.

Honestly, if we break up the season in quarters, I think the toughest part of the season is gonna be the first 4 games... new wrinkles on D and new QB playing in a new system.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
What about Trey Lance or Justin Fields ? Both are rated higher.

Who did The Rams trade there
#2 over overall pick to ?
I know Shanahan hand pick Jimmy G.
He was the OC his dad with RG111
He also went to the SuperBowl with
Matt Ryan.

the point being what type of QB does he like when having a pick in a open field. —Rumors are Rumors so I’m waiting to see.Going back to The Rams trading there 2nd rd pick & drafting Tory Holt. You look at the depth of that draft & there was not much talent after the 2nd rd. Ricky Williams was a 5th pick & first 3 picks were QB’s..& 5 QB’s with the first 12 picks.
1.Tim Couch
2.Donavan Mcnab
3.Akeil Smith
11.Donta Culpepper
12.Cade McKown
Rg3 was not shahans pick as i understand it. It was snyders. That is why shanahan picked cousins in same draft.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Rg3 was not shahans pick as i understand it. It was snyders. That is why shanahan picked cousins in same draft.

Well then maybe there is your answer?

I did agree Mac Jones made sense,but who that team drafts it will effect The Rams as well.

Well understanding is one thing.Let’s play hypothetically!!

How would it have looked if The Rams take Aaron Donald at #2 ?
Same with Cousins at #2 instead of RG111. Donte Culpepper#1 over Tim Couch?

The NFL draft can be a crap shoot.There is also a lot that plays into a players development.QB’s
can be a head scratcher.

Going back to say Sam Bradford.The Rams got lucky on that pick & player.Who knows what his career looks like if he went to Tampa Bay?
Rookie Salary Cap was horrible. Then a strike season.All hurt him & The Rams.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Sam Darnold was a steal.

Don’t know what I was thinking when I first saw a 2021 6th rd pick ? 2022 picks might not be as high if Sam plays well ? In 2022 we maybe looking back & thinking WTF did the Jets do?

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
giphy.gif
I live in the Carolinas and I've watched a lot of Carolina games and he looked pretty damn good to me.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Robby Anderson...

Not sufficient enough. Besides isn't Robby still with CAR or is he unsigned, 1 year "prove it" last season? Just want an effort response. It's too hard for you, no problem ROD Vet, you must be near retirement or just let bad food lower your energy level.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Sam Darnold was a steal.

Don’t know what I was thinking when I first saw a 2021 6th rd pick ? 2022 picks might not be as high if Sam plays well ? In 2022 we maybe looking back & thinking WTF did the Jets do?

I concur. I'll throw all of my current ROD Dollars on Sam Darnold succeeding. The only snag is what defines "succeeding". Let's fucking go! @flv please. :cool:

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Darnold with those weapons and a better OL than the Jets should have a much improved season.
I think he could have a surprisingly good year. Lets see what they do at 8, You know it will be O