Daniel Jeremiah Mock Draft 2.0

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend

Pick

Jacksonville Jaguars
Quinyon Mitchell
Toledo · CB · Senior
The Jaguars need to get better in the secondary. Mitchell provides a nice mix of consistency, elite speed, toughness and instincts.

Pick

Cincinnati Bengals
Brock Bowers
Georgia · TE · Junior
File this under fits that I selfishly want to see happen. It’s highly unlikely Bowers falls this far in Round 1, but let’s just pause and dream for a moment about seeing him joining forces with Joe Burrow and Ja’Marr Chase.

Pick

Los Angeles Rams
Jackson Powers-Johnson
Oregon · IOL · Junior
The Rams get one of the steadiest players in the draft. Powers-Johnson can anchor their offensive line for the next decade.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hope we trade down if he's the target. Love him. Don't love the positional value there.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Love the player but think there are other ways I'd go with the pick

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
It is so Super-early but Powers-Johnson might be one of the fast-rising players.

DL Darius Robinson being another.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Hope we trade down if he's the target. Love him. Don't love the positional value there.
What is Ragnow worth to the Lions? He's the main cog on that line.

I recently read that the Cowboys very good Oline instantly declined once their first round center, Travis Frederick retired.

If the Rams feel that JPJ is that level then I'd say get him. The corner that was picked two spots ahead is no longer an option in this draft.

Memphis Ram

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Depending upon what happens with Dotson or other free agent back up plans, JPJ could be looked upon to be the team's starting RG in 2024.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
It is so Super-early but Powers-Johnson might be one of the fast-rising players.

DL Darius Robinson being another.
Robinson is ANOTHER guy who could help the Rams immensely. The versatility of using him, The Conductor, and the Great One in all kinds of alignments would be a nightmare for opposing OCs.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd

I recently read that the Cowboys very good Oline instantly declined once their first round center, Travis Frederick retired.

If the Rams feel that JPJ is that level then I'd say get him. The corner that was picked two spots ahead is no longer an option in this draft.

Remember how much grief jerry jones had to endure for nabbing frederick in the 1rst round? The rationale, though, was that they didn’t think frederick would be around by the time they picked again—always something to consider.

Like I always say, “if you get a chance to pick the best player at ANY position, how could it be a bad pick?”
—see #99. DL was the strongest unit on the Rams going into that draft. The cowboys OL was pretty good while frederick was there.

For us old timers, remember when the raiders drafted a punter in the 1rst round (ray guy)? He turned out to be quite an asset during the raiders’ heyday.

WestCoastRam

Legend

Pick

Jacksonville Jaguars
Quinyon Mitchell
Toledo · CB · Senior
The Jaguars need to get better in the secondary. Mitchell provides a nice mix of consistency, elite speed, toughness and instincts.

Pick

Cincinnati Bengals
Brock Bowers
Georgia · TE · Junior
File this under fits that I selfishly want to see happen. It’s highly unlikely Bowers falls this far in Round 1, but let’s just pause and dream for a moment about seeing him joining forces with Joe Burrow and Ja’Marr Chase.

Pick

Los Angeles Rams
Jackson Powers-Johnson
Oregon · IOL · Junior
The Rams get one of the steadiest players in the draft. Powers-Johnson can anchor their offensive line for the next decade.
Hate that they missed out on Mitchell there, think he goes before Wiggens at end of the day. Hard to think we don't go Latu (medicals are gonna determine everything) if he's there (pre FA). I like Thomas, Mims (with some caveats), DeJean better than JPJ.

JPJ is an okay selection though.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If he is selected by another team after we trade back, this board will go berserk.
Lol I think as long as we don't pick a small receiver instead of him then we'll be okay

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Well I think the cowboys line also declined because of injury and age. But I 100 percent would love if he became the next ten year plug for us at center. I will say I'm bullish on Latu though, who plays a more important position and has a sky high ceiling. He went two picks after in this mock.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion

Hard to say who the main cog is, but he and Sewell are All Pro level. If JPJ is our pick at 19, we sure as hell better have addressed edge and CB in FA, which I seriously doubt.

PFF - Powers-Johnson has graded very well at several offensive line positions over the past three seasons and found a more stable home at center in 2023. His wrestling background gives him very good core strength and balance for redirection and maintaining blocks. His pass level is a bit high, which is the root of most of his negative plays. The rest of his game is well-rounded; he has a starting-caliber combination of power and movement skills for guard or center.

I do like JPJ, but, he's not without some flaws which, to me, rules him out for picking at 19 straight up. He's their 56th ranked prospect. Now, they aren't the end all be all or anything, just another thought on him to throw in the bucket. Is he honestly that much better then Frazier or Van Pran? Personally, I'd much rather grab Van Pran in the 3rd then JPJ at 19. 19 would be the highest drafted center since 2016. When you look at the list of 1st round drafted centers, you won't be blown away. Underwhelmed is more of the feeling.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Hard to say who the main cog is, but he and Sewell are All Pro level. If JPJ is our pick at 19, we sure as hell better have addressed edge and CB in FA, which I seriously doubt.

I do like JPJ, but, he's not without some flaws which, to me, rules him out for picking at 19 straight up. He's their 56th ranked prospect. Now, they aren't the end all be all or anything, just another thought on him to throw in the bucket. Is he honestly that much better then Frazier or Van Pran? Personally, I'd much rather grab Van Pran in the 3rd then JPJ at 19. 19 would be the highest drafted center since 2016. When you look at the list of 1st round drafted centers, you won't be blown away. Underwhelmed is more of the feeling.
Hard for me to square taking JPJ when Thomas, Dejean, Mims, Kool-Aid and Fautanu are all on the board.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
In this mock, Latu would be my easy choice at 19 or trade back. Unfortunately, the top 18 picks went through a lot of CB's and Edges, but Latu seems to be the best fit left and is a bargin IMO.

methomas50

UDFA
In this mock, Latu would be my easy choice at 19 or trade back. Unfortunately, the top 18 picks went through a lot of CB's and Edges, but Latu seems to be the best fit left and is a bargin IMO.
Latu medicals (neck) make me leery about him being the pick. I do think he is capable of double digit sacks but for me it really depends on what the doctors say.

methomas50

UDFA
Hard for me to square taking JPJ when Thomas, Dejean, Mims, Kool-Aid and Fautanu are all on the board.
I am always a proponent of linemen over DB. I am intigued by Mims for sure. I will however admit Dejean might be one of those players that could transform the secondary.

Memphis Ram

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If the Rams used #19 on Amarius Mims who only has 7 career starts at RT I would be shocked. :explode1: