Dak Looking for $40M /Year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
don't kid yourself. goff will be the highest paid qb when the rams extend him. the time for a reasonable sized extension has passed. the only thing working in the rams favour is that he will be making $20+ next season so they don't need to beef up his contract to get a per year average above $30m.

I’m just saying the last 5 QBs to win a Super Bowl have been Tom Brady, Nick Foles, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.

Only one of those guys was being paid at a high rate at the time. And they barely contributed to the super bowl win. Wilson, Rodgers, Brees, all those guys have fallen short since getting paid. Nobody seems to understand that and obviously these QBs care more about giving their great, great, great, great grandchildren a billion dollars then winning.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Goff can completely reset the market by pulling a Tom Brady. I believe he’s taken that mindset with the recent JG clothing brand. $20 million per year is enough for anyone to live 150 years. You won’t ever see the entire amount anyway. He says he wants to win and I don’t think taking $35 million per year does that.

Being the highest paid QB has never one single time resulted in a championship. I hope Goff understands that.

I was kickin that thought around before but I've come to the conclusion that Goff is gonna break the bank. But yeah I do still hope he's smart enough to take something a little less which translates into another piece, or two or three depth types. But also that thought was in relation to the Rams getting him locked up early.

He's going to light this league up in 2019. So yeah. Back up that Brinks truck.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Dak: I hope he gets 37.5 million a year...then in 2022 pre season he is cut and Jerra doesn't know why they ponied up....lol

oldnotdead

Legend
Dak is a good QB but hardly elite. IMO even $30M is overpaying him. Cousins makes about $30M and I think he's a better QB. At this point, Dak is not elite but he is a very good QB so I put him in that second tier. $30M at this stage to a QB who has proven nothing is a very generous offer. Dak is stupid to reject it offhand. Get some incentives built into it and go from there.

Personally, I think all players should get a positional base pay. Then get an incentive bonus at year end depending upon how they performed that season. That way all players get paid by their performance in the form of incentive bonuses.
If Dak wants elite money he needs to play elite football.

Dak was the 17th rated QB in the NFL. Yet he wants to be paid more than the guys who have outperformed him? 17th out of 32 starting QB's isn't anything to crow about. Compared to Goff who was ranked 10th overall in the NFL. Goff's value then would put him in the low $30M / yr range.

If Jerry caves then the Cowboys will be in real trouble when others want to be overpaid not to mention the Rams with a much better QB who is elite.

Dak's estimated value is $29M/yr which IMO is generous but is based upon other contracts. So the Cowboy's offer is very fair. Goff's estimated value at this time is about $30.6 M so assuming he has another stellar year, $32-$33M / yr would seem to be in line next year. This is why in another thread I posted that they will have the money to pay Goff when Whitworth retires net year and if they don't extend Peters. That and Goff's current cap hit would give them $33M per year to extend Goff. It's why I'm sure they have pointed that out to both Goff and Fowler (assuming Talib is also gone) the Rams will have the cap to extend both.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Good Lord. At some point these guys have to quit listening to their agents if they want to be on a winning team.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001040986/article/dak-prescott-seeking-extension-worth-40myear
upload_2019-8-14_23-48-57.gif