Curious as to thoughts....Left Tackle??

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Barrett Jones was meant to be our long-term future at C. Still frustrated he didn’t pan out

He was really good at Bama too and I was also hype when he was drafted. And after that I stopped giving a shit about the draft. Wasn't he and Mardy Gilyard the same year? Yeesh.

Also here's an unpopular opinion: LT spot has become an overrated position. I get blind side and all that. Buttt ever since Jon Ogden and Orlando Pace retired teams have been trying to find the next version of those guys but realizing that ain't gonna happen.

From Jake Long to Michael Oher to Eric Fisher just..no. Yeah there have been good ones like Tyron Smith and Trent douchebag Williams and even those guts haven't been as great as the former legends.

Most teams get by just fine without a superstar LT. Just someone who can get the job done.

oldnotdead

Legend
They are taking a wait and see with Jackson. He's better than average but hardly elite. The problem was his technique hadn't improved as much as expected from 2022 to 2023. He needs to show improvement this year or he's gone IMO. He only wants to play LT so he's shooting himself in the foot IMO. I think the Rams will have another LT next year.

Havenstein is in essentially a contract year as well Next year is like Stafford an option year. I think the Rams realize they need two OTs so it will be interesting if they play Noteboom or McClendon at RT next year as bridge players. But Joe is also in a contract year. I was surprised they didn't take an OT in this draft. Instead, they took two IOL type of guys.

That said the Rams quietly signed Blake Larson as an UDFA. He's a very interesting prospect much like Alaric Jackson. Larson played at Augusta as a RT. He worked out for a number of teams and impressed several. He's raw which is why he went undrafted much like Jackson. But he has the size and wing span and athleticism you want in an OT at this level. I think the Rams will try to stash him on the PS this year and perhaps look at him as a RT prospect, or at least a swing OT to replace Noteboom.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
He was really good at Bama too and I was also hype when he was drafted. And after that I stopped giving a shit about the draft. Wasn't he and Mardy Gilyard the same year? Yeesh.

No. Gilyard was 2010, while Jones was 2013.

But Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey were also in 2013. That warrants a Yeesh!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
No. Gilyard was 2010, while Jones was 2013.

But Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey were also in 2013. That warrants a Yeesh!

The rough part of that is that Bailey was breaking out before he got shot. I think he could have been a difference maker under different circumstances. He wasn't a bad pick or player... he just got shot before he could really break out.

Really a shame.

methomas50

Rookie
Bakhtiari seems to have taken far longer to recover from a knee injury than average. I'd be hesitant.