Critically Acclaimed Films That Actually Sucked

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But DeNiro gets whacked. Best part of the movie!
"If I'm there and I got to put you away, I won't like it. If it's between you and some poor bastard whose wife you're going to turn into a widow. Brother...you are going down."

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@Neil039 , that was a line that Al Pacino spoke Deniro in a movie...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
American Beauty gets my vote. I usually don't watch films that critics love but the wife got me to watch it with her. Early in the movie where the idiot kid is filming a fucking bag blowing in the wind like it's some message of truth I decided that I was in hell. And I actually sat through that pile of shit to the end, hate to admit it. Can't remember why though. It's one of my great moments of mystery.

Titanic is a close second. Just a boring waste of time to sit through while your wife cries at the tragedy of it all. I mean there are romantic movies that she cries over that I don't mind. Like I actually enjoyed Somewhere In Time when she made me watch it. But get out The Notebook and I'm fucking gone.

Sometimes I wonder how people can find some storylines to be interesting. And when that type of thing is tied with an artsy-fartsy cast and crew it's a winning combination for the media. :laugh4:

TexasRam

Legend
Birdman got a 91% tatometer on rotten tomatoes.

I picked the movie one night because of the great reviews.

The wife will never let me let me forget.

I have never seem such a terrible movie ever.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
‘Out of Africa’ has to be the most boring movie ever. It got all of the awards that year so I figured it must be good. I couldn’t even finish it.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
American Beauty…. Pedophile movie

American Hustle…. Blah movie with All Star cast

Titanic….Rose killed Jack right? @Loyal

English Patient….Freaking long dream
Titanic and English Patient - 100% agree
American Beauty/Hustle -100% disagree.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Why the hate for Joker? I think its a masterpiece,

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I started but do not think I finished Lord of the Rings.

I remember I wasn’t in the mood for it, but never went back to it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Personally, it felt to me more like one of those movies critics really wanted to be great but wasn't.

I thought it went WAY off the deep end of explaining the joker at the expense of a real movie.

I just don't need to go to a movie to be beat over the head by an agenda.

In case you couldn't tell.... HATED it.
I started but do not think I finished Lord of the Rings.

I remember I wasn’t in the mood for it, but never went back to it.
I never could get into any of them. Constant dark wars, trees fighting, dark drippy, everything ugly.... WTF?

Cloverfield - film a whole movie with a shaky hand held...? Fuck off.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Cloverfield - film a whole movie with a shaky hand held...? Fuck off.

Cloverfield is fucking hot garbage, all that bullshit for your ex? I wouldn't even pack my exes shit for her, shoved it into a trash bag and told her to pick it up before the garbage men did.

Got himself and his family killed because over his ex.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Because the fact that it promotes incel behavior (his flat-out creepy behavior toward the lead woman), shits on people with mental illness (yet another Hollywood movie that says everyone who is mentally-ill is predisposed to violence), and is flat-out unrealistic in terms of police procedures?

What I mean by the last one is that the Joker should've been arrested long before he killed the talk-show host: killing the three Wall Street guys on the train (he was dressed in the same suit, there was a witness, etc.), stalking the Waynes (and assaulting Alfred), assaulting a person at Arkham Asylum, killing his mother (he was the only person in the room), and killing his former coworker with a witness.

There should've been a whole squad of officers ready to arrest Joker, not just the same two that questioned him. So unrealistic.

Yes, that's another one I hated. I thought that the whole plot was cliche, and I disliked most of the characters (except for Michelle Rodriguez's pilot, and only because she was hot).

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Lawrence of Arabia

I'm not going to use the worded sucked

but

I've never been able to sit through it , I've probably never seen the whole thing

Tano

Legend
Agree with most of these

Additional ones

Million Dollar Baby - first hour was good second hour bored me to tears - already did second hour with another movie done by Richard Dreyfuss

Mystic River - decent movie but hate Clint Eastwood Endings

And any movie that starts with I am dead in one year I always want to walk out of

Hello American Beauty. I think there were others that did that.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Not a major movie, but The Constant Gardener sucked, sucked SUCKED. And then SUCKED some more.

Aren't you supposed to be rooting for the protagonists? Aren't you supposed to feel bad for the woman who got whacked? I fucking hated the protagonist and fucking hated his deceased wife (featured in many flashbacks). I want those hours of my life back, dammit.

Deac

Starter
Name
Sean
Chariots of Fire.

The only movie I've been to where the movie manager, he addressed the audience before the movie started and offered refunds for people who left within 30 minutes of the movie starting.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Chariots of Fire.

The only movie I've been to where the movie manager, he addressed the audience before the movie started and offered refunds for people who left within 30 minutes of the movie starting.

That's amazing.

Not because I thought it was a great movie. Saw it once (that was enough for me), and thought it was OK.

It's amazing because Chariots of Fire won an Academy Award for Best Picture in 1982. Amazing that a movie manager thought it was so bad that he would offer refunds. Makes me wonder if he had other issues with the film.

Deac

Starter
Name
Sean
We lived in a very blue collar tiny area and with the first 20 minutes being no dialogue with just music and people running, I think he had a slew of people asking for refunds the first couple showings, so he just started with that for the rest of the showings.