Critically Acclaimed Films That Actually Sucked

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
I don't know if it was "critically acclaimed" but the combo of Ryan Gosling and director Nicolas Winding Refn had just come out with "Drive" 2 years prior..... so the next film they did was called " Only God Forgives".

Man oh man.... what a complete waste of 2 hours. Long camera shots of the actors just starting off into space.... awkward silences and moments through out the film. Slow paced, boring and pretentious. I was so pissed I went onto like 5 different movie review sites just to write a terrible review.

fearsomefour

Legend
I enjoyed Joaquin's performance...but the character was too inconsistent for me...going from completely backward socially to manipulating detectives like a sophisticated genius....
Because it’s not really him.....most of the movie is his delusion.
Scenes from his own delusion.

MrOrange

UDFA
It took me about 10 tries to watch "2001: A Space Odyssey" without falling asleep. I finally did it and I would have been better off taking another nap.

Tano

Legend
I must disagree about Daniel Day Lewis, he's an excellent actor imo.

On the other hand, I couldn't agree more about Braveheart. While the movie was very well acted and entertaining, for historical purposes it was a ridiculous mess. For the way they treated Robert the Bruce, I'm surprised the movie wasn't banned in Scotland. When I read that Randall Wallace wrote the film, thought he must have been somehow related to William Wallace, although apparently not. I believe the character the beautiful Sophie Marceau played, Princess Isabella, was only about 3 years old and still a child in France, not getting banged by Wallace in a medieval tent after warning him of Longshanks' betrayals. William Wallace was a big Man, something like 6'5", Mel Gibson is closer to 5'9" tall, Wallace's sword was damn near as long as Gibson is tall, at 5'4". So much was historically off in this film, they made a mockery of even the phrase 'artistic license'. Imagining Gibson as William Wallace is a bit like imagining Danny DeVito as a twin to Arnold Schwarzenegger.
But wasn't Twins based on a true story