Cowboys to cut Dez Bryant

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
If Dez were smart, with his skill set he would just dedicate every waking hour to playing football like Larry Fitzgerald. He could produce for years to come even after losing a step or two. Not many WRs have that kind of game.

Giles27

UDFA
Name
Giles Loveless
If he expands his route tree he would be a great addition.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
How he doesn't stretch the field... we need somebody to stretch the field...That's the reason there interested in OBj

Don't want him, but you could argue that Woods showed good speed last year and so he takes over the Watkins role and Bryant takes Woods' role. Problem is I think they would both be a downgrade in those new roles from what the Rams had last year.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How he doesn't stretch the field... we need somebody to stretch the field...That's the reason there interested in OBj

He absolutely does stretch the field. His ability to win 50/50 balls when matched up in single coverage forces teams to respect him on deep routes. The guy averaged 15.9 yards per catch in 2016. Dez can still play. Dak was too risk averse to give him a chance.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dez Bryant still has upside and probably maturity on his side. Goff can hit him where I feel Dak cannot. It depends on what he’d want but I’m interested.

Amen. People were saying Woods wasn't that good. It wasn't Woods that was the problem. I don't think Dez has fallen off significantly. He may not be the elite player he once was, but he's still a very good WR. He's suffering from playing with a QB who doesn't fit with Dez's game.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Amen. People were saying Woods wasn't that good. It wasn't Woods that was the problem. I don't think Dez has fallen off significantly. He may not be the elite player he once was, but he's still a very good WR. He's suffering from playing with a QB who doesn't fit with Dez's game.
I don’t understand how a quarterback can not fit a receiver’s game.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
I like Dez... he's slowed down...honestly it's because he hasn't been healthy....

if you could get him without losing a pick ... i'd take him over ODB..

particularly if Dez is healthy.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don’t understand how a quarterback can not fit a receiver’s game.

Certain styles don't mesh. If you have a WR who relies on route running to get open, a QB who struggles to throw with anticipation and get the ball out on time isn't going mesh well with that WR. If you have a WR who relies on winning contested catches when covered (Dez), a QB who doesn't like to throw into coverage (Dak) isn't going to mesh well with that WR. If you have a WR who thrives as a deep threat, a QB who struggles throwing the deep ball won't mesh well with that WR.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
Certain styles don't mesh. If you have a WR who relies on route running to get open, a QB who struggles to throw with anticipation and get the ball out on time isn't going mesh well with that WR. If you have a WR who relies on winning contested catches when covered (Dez), a QB who doesn't like to throw into coverage (Dak) isn't going to mesh well with that WR. If you have a WR who thrives as a deep threat, a QB who struggles throwing the deep ball won't mesh well with that WR.
I dunno. Receivers run routes and are supposed to get separation. It’s about getting open. Sounds like Dez is a receiver who doesn’t have the discipline to run routes and Dak isn’t comfortable throwing up jump balls.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dunno. Receivers run routes and are supposed to get separation. It’s about getting open. Sounds like Dez is a receiver who doesn’t have the discipline to run routes and Dak isn’t comfortable throwing up jump balls.

No, it's not about getting open. It's about catching the football and scoring TDs. And it has nothing to do with "discipline" or Dez's route running (which certainly isn't bad). For example, Dez isn't "open" here, but it's a TD all the same:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I’d take a flyer on Dez
NO to Beckham. YES to Bryant.

Dez has grown up in recent years IMO. He's on the downslide in terms of skills but i think he can at least duplicate what Watkins brought to the table.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
No thanks. I wouldn't want Dez. This team has just added three players with the malcontent label, in their past. That's enough risk for me. No mas !