Covid 19 thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Charge your phone!
Lol, fair enough, OldSchool. The ten Covid stories have just been bumped down the page.

The main debate still stands:

Will COVID stories “largely” or “mostly” fade away, since their usefulness was mostly as a supposed political tool?

Or will COVID stories “largely” or “mostly” remain, since the Covid epidemic is raging as strong as ever, with over 100k cases per day and the cold, indoor months still to come?

To me, it’s no question it’s the latter. In two months, how about we revisit this debate and decide who has to eat crow?

Cheers

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol, fair enough, OldSchool. The ten Covid stories have just been bumped down the page.

Will COVID stories “largely” or “mostly” fade away, since their usefulness was mostly as a supposed political tool?

Or will COVID stories “largely” or “mostly” remain, since the Covid epidemic is raging as strong as ever, with over 100k cases per day and the cold, indoor months still to come?

To me, it’s no question it’s the latter. In two months, how about we revisit this debate and decide who has to eat crow?

Cheers
The fact that they took the chart down after leading with it for months is telling. The fact that the tone of any COVID articles there has changed is telling. We’ll see how they report it going forward but when you look at how and what they report on politicians with a D in front of their name instead of an R should tell you all you need to know.

That is probably too political but Insaid it anyways, and it shouldn’t take a rocket scientist sized IQ to figure out how places like them report things going forward.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
The fact that they took the chart down after leading with it for months is telling. The fact that the tone of any COVID articles there has changed is telling. We’ll see how they report it going forward but when you look at how and what they report on politicians with a D in front of their name instead of an R should tell you all you need to know.

That is probably too political but Insaid it anyways, and it shouldn’t take a rocket scientist sized IQ to figure out how places like them report things going forward.
Yeah, I do not dispute that there are (by and large) two main “bubbles” of info in this country. And one bubble prefers one side, and the other bubble prefers the other. Agreed.

But I thought what you (and perhaps Mojo and 1328?) were implying was that the stories about COVID would “mostly” disappear. But OTOH if the argument is simply that “Covid will still be a major story in the MSM, but the TONE will be different,” well, yeah, I would agree with that.

Cheers again

oldnotdead

Legend
Pfizer announced their vaccine is 90% effective. It's a two-dose vaccine but they are saying distribution might start as early as mid-December.

A normal NFL season looks very likely next year!!

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
Pfizer announced their vaccine is 90% effective. It's a two-dose vaccine but they are saying distribution might start as early as mid-December.

A normal NFL season looks very likely next year!!

Wonder the price tag on such a thing.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Wonder the price tag on such a thing.
Free.

I believe that is the bipartisan goal, to administer the vaccine at zero cost for every USA citizen who wants to get it.

Edit: looks like it is not yet a slam dunk that it would be zero cost for Americans without health insurance. Hope Congress can pass legislation to make the cost either zero or very minimal.

Last edited:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
ABC - always be charging.
Have to respectively disagree here.

ABC

Reminds me of Alec Baldwin's brilliant one scene performance in Glengary Glen Ross.

"ABC ... Always Be Closing!"

Not to mention the sales contest for the struggling Real Estate Co. where the low-salesman loses his job ... “First prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Second prize is a set of steak knives."

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Have to respectively disagree here.

ABC

Reminds me of Alec Baldwin's brilliant one scene performance in Glengary Glen Ross.

"ABC ... Always Be Closing!"

Not to mention the sales contest for the struggling Real Estate Co. where the low-salesman loses his job ... “First prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Second prize is a set of steak knives."

In my own case, I'm a charge-aholic. If my devices are anywhere near a means for charging, they are charging. My phone is right next to me now, plugged into the USB port of my PC, charging away as I type this.

All electrons matter.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In my own case, I'm a charge-aholic. If my devices are anywhere near a means for charging, they are charging. My phone is right next to me now, plugged into the USB port of my PC, charging away as I type this.

All electrons matter.
With work devices added to this I have like 6 different charging devices at home, a dual port charger in the car and two at the office. It’s an illness I accept it. And even when it’s at 100% I have a charger in my carry on while traveling too.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

Cheers

The only reason I could see the covid stories staying in the news is if something about it causes division. The media needs division to stay relevant. Otherwise, I can see the stories start to fade after Biden takes office. And I don't see another economy shut down coming.

RamsCardsJazz

Starter
So far so good.
If is sort of strange though.
Symptoms come and go.
Weight loss has been crazy.
4 pounds every day since Wednesday.
Not to make light of what could be a serious situation, but I wish I could have gotten the weight loss when I had it. I gained about 7lbs because I felt good 95% of the time I had it and ate horribly. Hopefully your symptoms stay mild and you recover fully.

fearsomefour

Legend
Not to make light of what could be a serious situation, but I wish I could have gotten the weight loss when I had it. I gained about 7lbs because I felt good 95% of the time I had it and ate horribly. Hopefully your symptoms stay mild and you recover fully.
I know someone else who had it and they gained weight as well.
It’s a strange one for sure.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Free.

I believe that is the bipartisan goal, to administer the vaccine at zero cost for every USA citizen who wants to get it.

Edit: looks like it is not yet a slam dunk that it would be zero cost for Americans without health insurance. Hope Congress can pass legislation to make the cost either zero or very minimal.

lol, of course it isn't. God the US healthcare system is frustrating AF. Insurance, pre-existing conditions, co-pays, HSAs, giiihh. It's why I hate going to the doctor. I actually like my doctor, hate having to deal with the insurance plan and company.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
With work devices added to this I have like 6 different charging devices at home, a dual port charger in the car and two at the office. It’s an illness I accept it. And even when it’s at 100% I have a charger in my carry on while traveling too.

I too am afflicted with this illness, and vigorously resist any attempt at rehab. You can have my excess electrons when you pry them from my cold, dead fingers.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I feel like I once read that charging your phone too much is bad for the battery. Maybe an old wives tail - but I run this bitch ragged and I end up with generally full days of use.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I feel like I once read that charging your phone too much is bad for the battery. Maybe an old wives tail - but I run this bitch ragged and I end up with generally full days of use.
My last Samsung lasted almost 4 years and never had a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.