College Football Coaching Moves

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lincoln Riley bolting Oklahoma for USC
And now word is out that Brian Kelly is leaving the Irish for LSU
Wow!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is an enormous hire for USC. They've been in "Head Coach Hell" for so long now it's going to be strange to see them with a real one prowling the sideline.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Very nice move for USC and very smart move for Riley! Get out of Oklahoma before they get exposed in the SEC. Went from one of the biggest if not the biggest school in their conference to a middle of the road in terms of recruiting power and budget. Now if he does it right in USC he can run that conference.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Kelly will be lucky to make it 2 years there. They’ve fired their last 2 coaches even though they won a National Championship.
Now watch ND make the playoff and go on a miracle run and win the National Championship without him. That would be classic

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kelly will be lucky to make it 2 years there. They’ve fired their last 2 coaches even though they won a National Championship.
Now watch ND make the playoff and go on a miracle run and win the National Championship without him. That would be classic
Would be funny to see just not sure anybody beat Georgia this year.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
I am beyond frustrated at the way Sonny Dykes left SMU. Once the TCU job opened up, he was one foot out the door, and he basically took their entire recruiting class with him. He didn't recruit players to the school, he recruited them to follow him. With the way the transfer portal works now, I wouldn't be shocked to see him raid SMU's existing roster as well.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
The most bizzaro situation would be if someone was able to throw enough money at Luke Fickell to get him to leave Cincinnati before the playoff, and somehow end up with two coachless teams involved it.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The most bizzaro situation would be if someone was able to throw enough money at Luke Fickell to get him to leave Cincinnati before the playoff, and somehow end up with two coachless teams involved it.
And if Oklahoma wins the Big 12 Championship, they could make it too
Final 4 with 3 teams without coaches. Lol

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

I like Fickell at Notre Dame, his former DC is already in place. ND trumps Cincinnati IMO and lays the groundwork for Ohio State if Ryan Day ever tries the NFL.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I am beyond frustrated at the way Sonny Dykes left SMU. Once the TCU job opened up, he was one foot out the door, and he basically took their entire recruiting class with him. He didn't recruit players to the school, he recruited them to follow him. With the way the transfer portal works now, I wouldn't be shocked to see him raid SMU's existing roster as well.

It's a good move for Dykes. I've been to both campuses and they are both gorgeous, however, TCU has better football facilities so it makes sense for Dykes, who was a fish out of water at Cal.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Very nice move for USC and very smart move for Riley! Get out of Oklahoma before they get exposed in the SEC. Went from one of the biggest if not the biggest school in their conference to a middle of the road in terms of recruiting power and budget. Now if he does it right in USC he can run that conference.
I concur and expect Riley to bring USC back to national prominence.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
It's a good move for Dykes. I've been to both campuses and they are both gorgeous, however, TCU has better football facilities so it makes sense for Dykes, who was a fish out of water at Cal.
I can't fault him for going to the bigger program, it's what he did to SMU on the way out that bothers me.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Riley kind of mailed it in this year. If it wasn't for the play of Caleb Williams they might have lost 4 or 5 games. But the play calling was very meh. Don't get me wrong, Riley can be a good head coach, but looking back you almost want to ask yourself, why didn't we see it coming. The evidence he was looking for other jobs was there.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
OU is a football powerhouse. Any HC should be stoked to be there and will probably have success.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OU is a football powerhouse. Any HC should be stoked to be there and will probably have success.
When they move into the SEC they're a middle of the conference team especially when you factor in current play style.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like Fickell at Notre Dame, his former DC is already in place. ND trumps Cincinnati IMO and lays the groundwork for Ohio State if Ryan Day ever tries the NFL.
Notre Dame is a beautiful campus. Gotta say if I were a HC my preference would be ND more than LSU. LSU is just one of those colleges I have always disliked, along with some others like Tennessee.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
When they move into the SEC they're a middle of the conference team especially when you factor in current play style.

I mean they should be able to beat up on the bottom feeders. I don't think Auburn, Florida, A&M, Arkansas, etc are substantially better than OU. They are probably on LSU's level RN, but who knows how things will look 2, 3 years from now when they officially join.

They said the same thing about Aggie and they've gotten better.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I mean they should be able to beat up on the bottom feeders. I don't think Auburn, Florida, A&M, Arkansas, etc are substantially better than OU. They are probably on LSU's level RN, but who knows how things will look 2, 3 years from now when they officially join.

They said the same thing about Aggie and they've gotten better.
Aside form last year A&M is a .500 team in conference about what I thought OK would be, middle of the road. Things always can change especially when they get a new coach, I haven't seen any rumors on who it will be yet. LSU is what 2 years removed from a national Title? OK gets blown out every time they play somebody in the college championship games.