Chandler Brewer Often Overlooked

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
That's easy, but you'll have to look up the teams we were playing yourself. The four 2019 pre-season games are where Brewer showed his dominance. A few of us were a bit disgusted that Allen didn't play in those games, and these same four games are where Demby looked pretty much useless. The coaching staff chose for some reason to move Evans, Edwards, Demby & Brewer all over the place rather than to just pick a position or two for them to get a better feel for. Brewer won the pre-season, then there was a slight drop off with Edwards, a greater drop-off with Evans, and Demby couldn't seem to get anything right. No starters on the OL got pre-season game play in, and that includes Noteboom & Allen. The two Centers the Rams had used for the pre-season games are no longer in the league, and Coleman Shelton was brought in cold just days before the season began. Whitworth stayed relatively healthy throughout 2019, although Brewer did get about 20 regular season snaps at LT working behind him, without any apparent drop off.

lol - look them up ? Yeah - okay.

Are you talking special teams. I get Brewer looked good in Preseason at LT. I don’t even get where he is better than Rob Havienstien.

Freaking unbelievable. You could be right though he played LT. There were games I just could not stomach really.Never watched the Tampa Bay game. Rams are at home 3-0. Score how many points & lose.I don’t even know ? Everyone was saying how bad Noteboom & Allen were.

What I do know is Chandler Brewer filled in for 1 3 & out.He looked horrible & Jared Goff would have went on the IR if there was a extended series.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Btw- Chandler Brewer was a reason I said in 2020 draft The Rams would not draft a O’Lineman.

Anchrum a 7th rd pick is now a Ram Fan sweetheart.6’2 - 305 ? I also will not discount his play. He also took about those 3 snaps at RT in 2020 ?
A good special teams player,but rule change does not help.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
lol - look them up ? Yeah - okay.

Are you talking special teams. I get Brewer looked good in Preseason at LT. I don’t even get where he is better than Rob Havienstien.

Freaking unbelievable. You could be right though he played LT. There were games I just could not stomach really.Never watched the Tampa Bay game. Rams are at home 3-0. Score how many points & lose.I don’t even know ? Everyone was saying how bad Noteboom & Allen were.

What I do know is Chandler Brewer filled in for 1 3 & out.He looked horrible & Jared Goff would have went on the IR if there was a extended series.

You wanted to know which games, I told you, the 4 preseason games of 2019. Do your own research on them.

During the pre-season, Brewer performed better than any of the other offensive linemen, personally I felt he looked best at OG, although he covered all the OG/OT positions. During the regular season, apparently Brewer was practicing a good deal more at LT than we had been told, as his snaps at LT were kind of a surprise at the time, and with Noteboom's injury, a back-up LT was going to be anyones guess.
Management has been speaking pretty highly of Brewer for awhile now, if you believe that's some kind of smokescreen, then have at it.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
maybe with goff's immobility and slower release he made the ol look worse than they really were but even if they are far better than they appear to be we are still looking at having to resign at least three of them. also whit may retire and hav may be traded because he is getting to expensive. anyway i think we should have drafted at least two high picks just in case we lose 3or4 of those listed above. plus i don't think our line is as good as most think it is just because we didn't draft any ol. this is just my opinion and i am usually wrong so it could be a good thing. also we have a new ol coach but mcvay has done a nice job of replacing lost coaches except the special team coach

Last edited:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I Concur, keeping Nine most likely:

LT...Whitworth/Noteboom
LG...Edwards/Shelton
C...Corbett/Shelton
RG....Evans/Anchrum
RT...Havenstein/Brewer

Barring Injury, Brian Allen with a good camp could force them to keep 10, however, one would surmise they would keep nine.

Close in agreement, although I'd prefer a couple slight changes.

LT) Whitworth, Noteboom, Brewer
LG) Edwards, Brewer, Evans
C) Corbett, Shelton, Anchrum
RG) Anchrum, Brewer, Evans
RT) Havenstein, Evans

I could see McVay making a forced pick of Evans to a starting OG role because of his vet status, but his pass pro is pretty questionable.
If McVay really desires an OL with more 'sand in their pants', I keep Shelton away from an OG role. If there were time available, cross training Anchrum at Center could make Shelton (Allen) obsolete and save a roster spot.
In my scenario, Brewer is the primary swing man as Evans becomes the primary RT back-up, a position he played pretty well in 2019. jmo.

PARAM

Hall of Fame

RT) Havenstein, Evans

I could see McVay making a forced pick of Evans to a starting OG role because of his vet status, but his pass pro is pretty questionable.
If McVay really desires an OL with more 'sand in their pants', I keep Shelton away from an OG role. If there were time available, cross training Anchrum at Center could make Shelton (Allen) obsolete and save a roster spot.
In my scenario, Brewer is the primary swing man as Evans becomes the primary RT back-up, a position he played pretty well in 2019. jmo.
I like that lineup. Though we've never seen Corbett play center or Anchrum play at all. If there are questions about the OL, I think keeping 10 would be wise. Especially with Whitworth's age. I wouldn't be surprised if Alaric Jackson makes the 53, provided they're comfortable with Corbett and Shelton. Obviously, two things are going to help them......play action and the deep threats. 3 things if you count Stafford. :biggrin:

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Uh, exactly how many games, or plays even, has Brewer played? I hope he turns out to be a beast, but there just isn’t enough film on him to know much.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
You wanted to know which games, I told you, the 4 preseason games of 2019. Do your own research on them.

During the pre-season, Brewer performed better than any of the other offensive linemen, personally I felt he looked best at OG, although he covered all the OG/OT positions. During the regular season, apparently Brewer was practicing a good deal more at LT than we had been told, as his snaps at LT were kind of a surprise at the time, and with Noteboom's injury, a back-up LT was going to be anyones guess.
Management has been speaking pretty highly of Brewer for awhile now, if you believe that's some kind of smokescreen, then have at it.

Smoke screen ? That’s not even my point. It’s all subject. Yeah he played okay in the preseason.What games did he play in ? Maybe before Corbett when was traded,because it wasn’t after all the that. The Rams had all those injuries upfront.

Here we are & it’s 2021.My point has been for awhile it was a good thing for Chandler Brewer & The Rams Covid gave him a Sophomore Redshirt.I believe he might have been cut ? Yes - I understand it was a decision that would have to have been made & that is subjective as well.

Last year all season I asked the question of Evans & Edwards if they were to come out in 2020 where would they have been drafted.Like Mcvay said Chandler Brewer is The Rams draft pick. I also added him early on with the same question.All 3 players were only 22 years old & The Rams backup Offensive Lineman. To me that is not solid depth.

My point now is Chandler Brewer sat out all of 2020.He was a backup to Bobby Evans in 2019.Guard ?? I don’t see him as a Guard. What you say about preseason means nothing really.I’ve seen players lead teams in tackles & get cut.Those game reps from watching games in 2019 was only the 3 snaps in the 2nd to last game ? I’m guessing & if Havienstien was brought back healthy which he was said to be would have never been on the game day roster.
Now you have a post saying Chandler Brewer is better than Rob Havienstien. So carry on believe it.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Uh, exactly how many games, or plays even, has Brewer played? I hope he turns out to be a beast, but there just isn’t enough film on him to know much.
Like River told me. In 2019 preseason he was the Best Offensive Lineman on The Rams. I laugh at that,because now all of a sudden Ram Fans are remembering him.I like him & his upside,but get on the grass first.
It’s a pencil Lineup. The Rams have a good core of Offensive Lineman.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Smoke screen ? That’s not even my point. It’s all subject. Yeah he played okay in the preseason.What games did he play in ? Maybe before Corbett when was traded,because it wasn’t after all the that. The Rams had all those injuries upfront.

Here we are & it’s 2021.My point has been for awhile it was a good thing for Chandler Brewer & The Rams Covid gave him a Sophomore Redshirt.I believe he might have been cut ? Yes - I understand it was a decision that would have to have been made & that is subjective as well.

Last year all season I asked the question of Evans & Edwards if they were to come out in 2020 where would they have been drafted.Like Mcvay said Chandler Brewer is The Rams draft pick. I also added him early on with the same question.All 3 players were only 22 years old & The Rams backup Offensive Lineman. To me that is not solid depth.

My point now is Chandler Brewer sat out all of 2020.He was a backup to Bobby Evans in 2019.Guard ?? I don’t see him as a Guard. What you say about preseason means nothing really.I’ve seen players lead teams in tackles & get cut.Those game reps from watching games in 2019 was only the 3 snaps in the 2nd to last game ? I’m guessing & if Havienstien was brought back healthy which he was said to be would have never been on the game day roster.
Now you have a post saying Chandler Brewer is better than Rob Havienstien. So carry on believe it.

OK, Now you are just making crap up. Please link to any post that you claim I stated where Brewer was better than Havenstein. All those words in your post and I can barely decipher any kind of meaning other than that Brewer missed 2020 due to Covid, and that is true, so if he comes to camp out of shape, i'd say all bets are off for him, but as yet, I have no reason to believe that.
In two years, all i've repeated is how well Brewer played during the 2019 pre-season games, that he looked like he has a bright future based on those games, whether he fulfills the potential he once exhibited we hope to soon find out.
You claim that Evans beat Brewer out of a job, although I see no evidence of that, Brewer was back-up to Whitworth following Noteboom's injury, Evans replaced Havenstein when he was injured, it looks to me like they both had job requirements they met, and if McVay wasn't trusting anyone other at LT if Whitworth were to be injured, he wasn't exactly going to put Brewer in harms way somewhere else should he become our last resort at LT.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Like River told me. In 2019 preseason he was the Best Offensive Lineman on The Rams. I laugh at that,because now all of a sudden Ram Fans are remembering him.I like him & his upside,but get on the grass first.
It’s a pencil Lineup. The Rams have a good core of Offensive Lineman.

No damn-it, he was the best offensive lineman playing in the 2019 pre-season games, not every offensive lineman on the team, that would be ludicrous, ... can't you get the difference ? No OL starter even played a pre-season game for 2019.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

RT) Havenstein, Evans

Total FANTASY there as of now . I don’t know what you’ve said in the past ? Who did you have The Rams drafting up front ?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Total FANTASY there as of now . I don’t know what you’ve said in the past ? Who did you have The Rams drafting up front ?

Not sure what this has to do with your straight up lie. Either retract your BS or we're done communicating. If you want to see who I wanted to draft, that information is in my mocks. Look it up at your leisure.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
OK, Now you are just making crap up. Please link to any post that you claim I stated where Brewer was better than Havenstein. All those words in your post and I can barely decipher any kind of meaning other than that Brewer missed 2020 due to Covid, and that is true, so if he comes to camp out of shape, i'd say all bets are off for him, but as yet, I have no reason to believe that.
In two years, all i've repeated is how well Brewer played during the 2019 pre-season games, that he looked like he has a bright future based on those games, whether he fulfills the potential he once exhibited we hope to soon find out.
You claim that Evans beat Brewer out of a job, although I see no evidence of that, Brewer was back-up to Whitworth following Noteboom's injury, Evans replaced Havenstein when he was injured, it looks to me like they both had job requirements they met, and if McVay wasn't trusting anyone other at LT if Whitworth were to be injured, he wasn't exactly going to put Brewer in harms way somewhere else should he become our last resort at LT.

Yeah - okay we see things a little different. Not trying to be a A-HOLE. It was the Post that stated Brewer is better from what I gathered.

I do get your point about pressure of a starting position. Evans though has another season after next,so what your saying now to me is Dog Do.

What case are you stating about Bobby Evans. I guess that is where I want to start with any poster.

-Brian Allen, as much as I HATE him in general,because of last season & his rookie season being drafted in the 3rd rd. Have to come to his defense.

Let’s put some ROD coin down ? You have him off the roster ? To me that is not happening.

If so I will put Rod coin down either Evans or Noteboom start ? One injury away from them both starting.

Making shit up ? Really?

LETS GO!! Anchrum ?? Is he even going to make the roster ?

This has been my point from way back. I’ll just continue on my old thread, because until things playout
there is nothing there .

I hear coach speak & maybe Bill Murray is a comedian.When it comes to the Cubs I’m sure he has his own view as well. Take it as you want. Lost in translation.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not sure what this has to do with your straight up lie. Either retract your BS or we're done communicating. If you want to see who I wanted to draft, that information is in my mocks. Look it up at your leisure.

I’ll look it up.Fair enough.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Yeah - okay we see things a little different. Not trying to be a A-HOLE. It was the Post that stated Brewer is better from what I gathered.

I do get your point about pressure of a starting position. Evans though has another season after next,so what your saying now to me is Dog Do.

What case are you stating about Bobby Evans. I guess that is where I want to start with any poster.

-Brian Allen, as much as I HATE him in general,because of last season & his rookie season being drafted in the 3rd rd. Have to come to his defense.

Let’s put some ROD coin down ? You have him off the roster ? To me that is not happening.

If so I will put Rod coin down either Evans or Noteboom start ? One injury away from them both starting.

Making shit up ? Really?

LETS GO!! Anchrum ?? Is he even going to make the roster ?

This has been my point from way back. I’ll just continue on my old thread, because until things playout
there is nothing there .

I hear coach speak & maybe Bill Murray is a comedian.When it comes to the Cubs I’m sure he has his own view as well. Take it as you want. Lost in translation.

This is gibberish. If you're not trying to be an A-Hole, then don't be one. My previous statement is clear, perhaps disseminating what you read isn't your strong suit. It's clear who I stated had the strongest 2019 pre-season on the OL. I never once said Brewer is better than Havenstein or any other starter. I don't know if Allen or Shelton wins the back-up Center role if Corbett gets the start, I hope it's Anchrum, but that seems unlikely at this point.
Making up shit ? Absolutely ! You accused me of making certain claims, I asked you to provide a link, ... you can't because it doesn't exist. Simple.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

You are right, and my observations date back to the 4 pre-season games of 2019, and while Evans, Edwards, Demby & Brewer received the bulk of the OG/OT snaps, some naturally played better than others. I have never made a claim that Brewer is anything more than what he showed us during those games, although I did talk him up based on what I witnessed, ... now he's missed an entire season in 2020 due to Covid, so whether that impacts his future, it's too early to tell. Still, if Brewer bites the dust this off-season, i'll be happy to eat all the crow you guys can feed me.
If anyone wants to know who my long shot offensive lineman at Center was for 2020, just look to my 2020 mock where I had Corbett penciled in a year before his name started popping up at Center this year, and just like this year, I took some heat for it.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
You are right, and my observations date back to the 4 pre-season games of 2019, and while Evans, Edwards, Demby & Brewer received the bulk of the OG/OT snaps, some naturally played better than others. I have never made a claim that Brewer is anything more than what he showed us during those games, although I did talk him up based on what I witnessed, ... now he's missed an entire season in 2020 due to Covid, so whether that impacts his future, it's too early to tell. Still, if Brewer bites the dust this off-season, i'll be happy to eat all the crow you guys can feed me.
If anyone wants to know who my long shot offensive lineman at Center was for 2020, just look to my 2020 mock where I had Corbett penciled in a year before his name started popping up at Center this year, and just like this year, I took some heat for it.

Well just to be clear. You wanted a Center Quinn & a OT.Quinn went late in the 3rd & The Rams could have traded back & still drafted him.Denver got the other Center QBERRY?

—So now I understand you like & have liked Corbett at Center.I know I had a debate about him,which I didn’t think was true.Just as Mcvay stated he can cross train.Still think he was the 3rd string Center last season.

Obviously your don’t like Allen,Noteboom, & Evans?
Not putting post into your sayings,just wondering why
all your Brewer love.

Chandler fought cancer played well in the 2019 preseason.He made The Rams roster in 2019 .I saw him take 3 real snaps at the end of 2019 & looked lost.Evans was by far the better player.Brewer sat out 2020,which was the best thing for him & The Rams.

IMO -‘it was DUMB to think
Offensive Lineman!! Quinn was my number 2 guy if The Rams went Center. Landon Dickerson because he was the perfect Redshirt,so I believe I was spot on when Les Snead addressed that.
The Rams keep eight & have 11.Will play 15 ? I guess your roster is
& has been different than mine.Anchrum to me will get cut along with Coleman. That’s different than anyone posting,but shows the depth I was talking about.
Mcvay & Carberry have there work cut out for them. What are your 8? Does Brewer make The Rams ? I think he will make it over Anchrum.