Challenge - build a playoff team using Ram players from the dark ages (2006 - 2016)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamnSD

Rookie
Name
RamnSD
Full offense and defense, plus K and P. And remember you have to take the version of that player b/w those years. So if you take Marc Bulger at QB you get 2006 - 2009 Marc Bulger, not the 2002 - 2005 version.

Some of these will be no-brainers. Some others...yeesh. I have my own but I'll post it later.
Who are you going to pick for head coach? Scott Linehan? Steve Spagnolo? Jim Haslett? Jeff Fisher?

It can't be done

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This isn't difficult.

The 2013-2015 Rams would have been playoff teams with a healthy Bradford and a better coach.

Maybe just with a better coach.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Who are you going to pick for head coach? Scott Linehan? Steve Spagnolo? Jim Haslett? Jeff Fisher?

It can't be done

It's Jeff Fisher and it ain't even close.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
This isn't difficult.

The 2013-2015 Rams would have been playoff teams with a healthy Bradford and a better coach.

Maybe just with a better coach.
To this day I still don't get how he couldn't/didn't turn the corner with them. Not like he couldn't coach players, got to a stinkin' SB in Tenn...

Stephen Colbert Idk GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Angry Ram

Ok, since no one really wants to play except @OC--LeftCoast here's mine:

QB: Sam Bradford
RB: Steven Jackson
WRs: Torry Holt, Kenny Britt, Danny Amendola, Brandon Gibson
TE: Michael Hoomanauwani
LT: Jake Long
LG: Rodger Saffold
C: Jason Brown
RG: Harvey Dahl
RT: Rob Havenstein

DL: Chris Long, Michael Brockers, Aaron Donald, Robert Quinn (this is the most obvious one lol)
LB: Will Witherspoon, James Laurinaitis, Alec Ogletree
CB: Janoris Jenkins, Tru Johnson, Ron Bartell, LaMarcus Joyner
FS: OJ Atogwe
SS: TJ McDonald

K: Greg Zuerlein
P: Johnny Hekker

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Assuming our current front office and coaching staff is taking the reigns, here's my depth chart off the top of my head:

Offense:
QB: Sam Bradford, Marc Bulger
RB: Steven Jackson, Todd Gurley, Benny Cunningham
WR: Torry Holt, Danario Alexander, Stedman Bailey
WR: Isaac Bruce, Danny Amendola, Chris Givens
LT: Orlando Pace, Jake Long
G: Rodger Saffold, Harvey Dahl, Jamon Brown, Chris Williams
C: Scott Wells, Tim Barnes
RT: Rob Havenstein, Joe Barksdale
TE: Lance Kendricks, Tyler Higbee, Michael Hoomanawanui

Defense:
LDE: Chris Long, Leonard Little,
RDE: Robert Quinn, William Hayes
DT: Aaron Donald, Michael Brockers, Nick Fairley
OLB: Alec Ogletree, Jo-Lonn Dunbar, Mark Barron, Pisa Tinoisamoa
MLB/ILB: James Laurinaitis, Akeem Ayers, Will Witherspoon
CB: Janoris Jenkins, EJ Gaines, Cortland Finnegan
CB: Trumaine Johnson, Ron Bartell, Bradley Fletcher
SS: Rodney McLeod, Quintin Mikell, Darian Stewart
FS: OJ Atogwe, Lamarcus Joyner, Cody Davis

sloramfan

Starter
OC left coast wins...

that was a pretty good lineup...

honestly, i wasn't even gonna try due to the rams futility over those years...oc surprised me...

we had a few good men...

no way for ogletree IMHO, can't stand that guy,, i watched too much all 22 to ever think he was anything but shit....

go rams

slo

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
To this day I still don't get how he couldn't/didn't turn the corner with them. Not like he couldn't coach players, got to a stinkin' SB in Tenn...

We may not have turned that corner, but he (and of course Snead) left a pretty decent roster for McVay to build upon, I’d say he played a huge role leading us out of the wilderness, and for that I’ll raise my glass to him

Last edited:

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
OC left coast wins...

that was a pretty good lineup...

honestly, i wasn't even gonna try due to the rams futility over those years...oc surprised me...

we had a few good men...

no way for ogletree IMHO, can't stand that guy,, i watched too much all 22 to ever think he was anything but shit....

go rams

slo
Yeah I did miss a few but Ogletree...I just can’t forgive him for that critical 3rd and long missed tackle opening 2nd half drive by ATL playoff 2017

one day I’ll let this go, lol

jjab360

Legend
It's pretty much impossible to create a good offense out of a decade's worth of Rams players.

That's just sad...

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
That’s not the dark ages. The dark ages were in the 90’s
For me, 2005-16 was way harder to endure than the 90s. A couple reasons:
1. 12 non-winning seasons in a row vs "only" 9.
2. Mainly-- it was real hard to be as invested in the 90s because info was scarce. Since I was living on the East Coast, I'd rarely get to see Rams games, maybe only 2 or 3 per year. I'd record the highlight shows and dissect little bits of Rams news from USA Today. But by 2005, with the ability to see every game and get tons of news on the internet, my fandom kicked up several notches. So when the Rams were awful, I was loudly reminded of it every single day.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Seriously can barely muster the courage to read this thread.

That WR group is just frickin' awful. Kenny Britt-- that knucklehead makes the tops of the decade? Or the constant-tease of Danario Alexander... Mr. Potential who's never healthy?

This thread gives me PTSD flashbacks.

Thank goodness for Sean McVay.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame

Seems kinda simple to me.

Fisher was a good leader and a terrific defensive coach. But he had no feel for a modern offense and either couldn't or wouldn't hire a competent modern OC.

Fisher was too conservative on O, and so the Rams never turned the corner.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Seriously can barely muster the courage to read this thread.

That WR group is just frickin' awful. Kenny Britt-- that knucklehead makes the tops of the decade? Or the constant-tease of Danario Alexander... Mr. Potential who's never healthy?

This thread gives me PTSD flashbacks.

Thank goodness for Sean McVay.
Cmon now, let’s see your team (we all know by now how you love to dig up certain things, lol) it actually isn’t as bleak as you seem to make it to be

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I'll take a 2015 Donald next to any of his years. 2018 was *the* best year, especially for sacks.. but when you look at totals.. tackles.. QB hits, tackles for loss.. that 2015 was something. I don't think there was much of a difference between the two years. I think you have to factor Suh in a little as well.

Corners? Wouldn't it just be Jenkins and Johnson?

My defensive line would be the 2015 Aaron Donald, the 2016 Aaron Donald, the 2017 Aaron Donald and the 2018 Aaron Donald.

:sunglasses:

Angry Ram

Quintin Mikell

Oh glawb I forgot all about him. He replied to me on twitter once. That was pretty cool.

Yeah its pretty sad. I was debating b/w him, Mark Clayton, or Brandon Lloyd as WR2. Gross.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
iirc the Rams were the second worst team in the 90’s for the entire decades. 99 was pretty great so the rest were very bad.
Yeah we had the lead for losingest team in the 90s after the 98 season. Then 99 happened and the Bungles had the pleasure of taking home that prize.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Cmon now, let’s see your team (we all know by now how you love to dig up certain things, lol) it actually isn’t as bleak as you seem to make it to be
Lol... all 3 of these "all star rosters of the dark ages" look pretty good to me....

Revisiting 2005-2016 seems like a painful distraction, especially when the Rams are in the midst of yet another glorious run

I'll revisit this thread in the off-season, when I'm bored out of my mind!