Challenge - build a playoff team using Ram players from the dark ages (2006 - 2016)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Full offense and defense, plus K and P. And remember you have to take the version of that player b/w those years. So if you take Marc Bulger at QB you get 2006 - 2009 Marc Bulger, not the 2002 - 2005 version.

Some of these will be no-brainers. Some others...yeesh. I have my own but I'll post it later.

Turducken

Starter
Can I pick 2006 Steven Jackson and 2009 Steven Jackson? They'd make a pretty good 1-2 punch.

I'd probably also take 4-5 Roger Saffolds (he could learn to snap).

2006/7 and 2007/8 Holts were serviceable WR1's.

It goes without saying that I'd take rookie and 15/16 AD and throw in the two best Robert Quinns.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Can I pick 2006 Steven Jackson and 2009 Steven Jackson? They'd make a pretty good 1-2 punch.

I'd probably also take 4-5 Roger Saffolds (he could learn to snap).

2006/7 and 2007/8 Holts were serviceable WR1's.

It goes without saying that I'd take rookie and 15/16 AD and throw in the two best Robert Quinns.

You gotta pick a whole squad! Individual spots!

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Man I'd really love to do this, however, I think it'd take like a good hour or 2 and don't have the time today. There is definitely some very obvious picks that everyone is going to make however.

Turducken

Starter
Our defense would be a murderer's row. Offense would require clones.

Offensive line = 5 best saffold yrs
WRs 06-08 Holts and 15/16 tavon
RBs 06/7 and 09/10 SJ
TE best Jared Cook year
QB 06/7 Bulger

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Our defense would be a murderer's row. Offense would require clones.

Offensive line = 5 best saffold yrs
WRs 06-08 Holts and 15/16 tavon
RBs 06/7 and 09/10 SJ
TE best Jared Cook year
QB 06/7 Bulger
You could build a winning team, for sure, off of the defense and special teams and Jackson.
Peak GZ and Hekker? Peak Quinn? Peak Donald?

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
There is some older Holt, Bruce, Pace in there also.

Turducken

Starter
You could build a winning team, for sure, off of the defense and special teams and Jackson.
Peak GZ and Hekker? Peak Quinn? Peak Donald?
Quinn was peak in those years. Peak donald was a couple years later, but even so Donald makes the team twice. Hardest picks would be the DBs. Too much talent to choose from (Fisher loved his DBs). Assuming we run the 4-3, LBs would be easier b/c usually a weak position group. I'd go peak years from Ogletree, Laurenitis and (probably) Barron. Last D-line would be peak Brockers.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Quinn was peak in those years. Peak donald was a couple years later, but even so Donald makes the team twice. Hardest picks would be the DBs. Too much talent to choose from (Fisher loved his DBs). Assuming we run the 4-3, LBs would be easier b/c usually a weak position group. I'd go peak years from Ogletree, Laurenitis and (probably) Barron. Last D-line would be peak Brockers.
I'll take a 2015 Donald next to any of his years. 2018 was *the* best year, especially for sacks.. but when you look at totals.. tackles.. QB hits, tackles for loss.. that 2015 was something. I don't think there was much of a difference between the two years. I think you have to factor Suh in a little as well.

Corners? Wouldn't it just be Jenkins and Johnson?

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
That’s not the dark ages. The dark ages were in the 90’s
06 - 16 were pretty damn terrible.

Just like in history, there's room for more than one "dark age"..

IIRC the worst 10 year stretch for any NFL team ever in total W/L?
I remember reading that... but I could be wrong..

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
06 - 16 were pretty damn terrible.

Just like in history, there's room for more than one "dark age"..

IIRC the worst 10 year stretch for any NFL team ever in total W/L?
I remember reading that... but I could be wrong..
iirc the Rams were the second worst team in the 90’s for the entire decades. 99 was pretty great so the rest were very bad.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Wait, wasn't that the time when I look for any sort of glimmer of hope that we could put together a scoring drive? We would have one or two outstanding plays and I'd be like "There it is! We are going to the Super Bowl!" Of course, that was the only two plays during the whole game we did anything.

I'm such a homer.

Man, seems like such a long time ago but really only yesterday.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Here’s what I got

Defense

C Long
AD
Brockers/Eugene Sims
R Quinn

Linebackers

L Little (Lol, he was listed so...)
Laurinaitis
Barron

DBs

TJ McDonald
OJ Otogwe / McCleod
Jack Rabbitt
TruJo

Offense

Bradford I think —- just sit him preseason for crying out loud, lol Bulger has been Bulgerized by now

Pace
Timmerman
McCollum
Incognito/Setterstrom (when healthy)
Saffold

The Reverend
Torry Holt
K Britt/M Clayton

Higbee/J Cook

TG3
SJ

McQuade
Hekker
GZ > Money (may offend some)

This team would compete year in and out

Last edited:

Turducken

Starter
I'll take a 2015 Donald next to any of his years. 2018 was *the* best year, especially for sacks.. but when you look at totals.. tackles.. QB hits, tackles for loss.. that 2015 was something. I don't think there was much of a difference between the two years. I think you have to factor Suh in a little as well.

Corners? Wouldn't it just be Jenkins and Johnson?
Yep. I remember one good year from Courtland Finnegan (before he fell apart), but I'm sure Jenkins had a better one (I know Johnson did).