Chad Reuter claims the Rams wanted Nix

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They did a good job of keeping things in house. Nobody really knew what we wanted.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
My guess is that if Nix was there at 19 with Verse and Bowers gone the Rams would have traded back and made a team over pay to move up to 19 for Nix.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
The Rams should neither confirm or deny these rumors. They drafted Verse. Full stop. Personally, I think they wanted Caleb and Bowers but that wasn't going to happen. Just like I want to be good looking, rich and 30 but I'm 67. Have to settle for Verse and be happy. Who gives a flying fuck what Reuter says? How'd his mock turn out accuracy-wise?
Glad he is not on our team.
Looks like he is already running his mouth and pissing off his teammates in Chicago.

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/dneLaJvIBHQ

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom

View: https://x.com/masedenver/status/1785933125853262231?s=46&t=7TXL1Le76GrA3JT24H6N0A

I guess it’s possible, but how could this guy actually be the only person to have this info.

Shrager and some others say it was Bowers that they wanted.

Jourdan made it sound like Verse was their choice if they couldn’t get Bowers.

No Way Lol GIF by Lifetime

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Glad he is not on our team.
Looks like he is already running his mouth and pissing off his teammates in Chicago.

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/dneLaJvIBHQ

I agree Williams should shut up and keep his head down like any good rook. But some guys are good enough to where the rules change a bit. Williams is probably one of those guys. Doesn't mean he can do what he wants, however I don't think he's stepped in it yet with the players. At least not yet.

Some of these wideouts probably liked that previous QB, who actually couldn't play for shit. So all that stuff goes out the window when you see that new QB can play. One thing about players is if you can play you're good in that locker room. If they know you're gonna win them games they're gonna get in line. He just has to deliver.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Back to Nix I gotta say that of all these QBs he definitely seems like he's one good dude. Of course that doesn't mean a damn thing if he can't get the job done. But if I had to rank these QBs in terms of to what extent I'm rooting for them it's Nix > Penix at the top. Because both these guys toed the line with teams and worked out for whoever wanted to see them. Both of them have all the talent you want and elevated their teams to a higher level. And both of them to me are hard working kids who are gonna hit that locker room with the right tone.

It would be great to see one of them be the top QB from the class in five years. I really dislike the Broncos btw. Hate their shitty fuckin orange uniforms. And I hate their coach. But I like Nix.

RamsFan4Life

Starter

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Absolutely believable. I got to watch a lot of Nix up here in Oregon. He seems legit to me. Dual threat. Time will tell. Not a fan of his coach.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
They may have liked Nix, but; I think the Rams hope to replace Stafford the same way they found him.

A proven guy acquired by trade, not a lottery pick of a draft choice.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
They may have liked Nix, but; I think the Rams hope to replace Stafford the same way they found him.

A proven guy acquired by trade, not a lottery pick of a draft choice.
Wouldn’t it be fun if Nix flops under Asshole Face then gets signed by the Rams, in a few years or is traded to them and plays great?

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
If we were trying to target Bowers and got him it may have been all bad. We are already known for not utilizing TE’s enough so it would of been a waste.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If we were trying to target Bowers and got him it may have been all bad. We are already known for not utilizing TE’s enough so it would have been a waste.
McVay has altered his offense a few times since he’s been here. I imagine he had a plan for using Bowers.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Anythings possible (I think this draft showed us that!) but highly unlikely. Nix was a reach by a QB desperate team. Denver seems to have been putting out so much info on how much Nix was wanted by others and how genius they were in smokescreening others so they could get him.

Seems a bit much.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I believe the Rams were trying to trade up for Bowers
I believe the Rams didn’t expect Verse to be there at 19 and would have taken him over anyone that would have been there (other than Bowers)
I think if Verse and Bowers were both off the board, and Nix was there, McVay could have taken him and shocked everyone. Wouldn’t have expected it, but nothing would shock me.
That all being said, that’s how the draft works, especially drafting mid round.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I believe the Rams were trying to trade up for Bowers
I believe the Rams didn’t expect Verse to be there at 19 and would have taken him over anyone that would have been there (other than Bowers)
I think if Verse and Bowers were both off the board, and Nix was there, McVay could have taken him and shocked everyone. Wouldn’t have expected it, but nothing would shock me.
That all being said, that’s how the draft works, especially drafting mid round.
Almost as if the draft is this dynamic event where one's plans need to change depending on the variables at hand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Anything is possible. But methinks there's a snowball's chance the Rams would select Nix over Verse. And if Verse were off the board, I think they would have gone with Chop Robinson or Troy Fautanu.

I could see McVay calming DC Shula in regards to a TE or OT who would see the field immediately, but not a QB that would sit when his defense needed immediate help.

Last edited: