Celebration Thread - Saints@Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tony's answer was, because some people only look at stats.

This game highlights why Romo is my favorite announcer. He was great all day long at explaining things you might not see. He comes off as if he enjoys his job, he's interesting to hear, and he is as knowledgeable as anyone in the game. I loved when he pointed out that they were about to blitz right before Goff changed the protection.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I dunno if it's been said, but the Rams HAVE beaten a team with a winning record now.

Scirca

Rookie
This game highlights why Romo is my favorite announcer. He was great all day long at explaining things you might not see. He comes off as if he enjoys his job, he's interesting to hear, and he is as knowledgeable as anyone in the game. I loved when he pointed out that they were about to blitz right before Goff changed the protection.

I thought it was funny how Goff audibled for that said Romo Blitz, but forgot that the original play called for a screen.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dunno if it's been said, but the Rams HAVE beaten a team with a winning record now.

Poor Jaguars getting no respect. They are 7-4. And the Cowboys had a winning record until Zeke was suspended. They're a completely different team with him.

I thought it was funny how Goff audibled for that said Romo Blitz, but forgot that the original play called for a screen.

I'm not sure who made the mistake there. I'm thinking that was supposed to be a WR screen.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Poor Jaguars getting no respect. They are 7-4. And the Cowboys had a winning record until Zeke was suspended. They're a completely different team with him.

I'm not sure who made the mistake there. I'm thinking that was supposed to be a WR screen.

Oh, I know. But I keep reading fans and pundits saying we haven't beaten a team with a winning record.

Pretty sure they can't ignore the Saints.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh, I know. But I keep reading fans and pundits saying we haven't beaten a team with a winning record.

Pretty sure they can't ignore the Saints.

Pundits: Hold my beer . . .

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
smokey.gif

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Crowd at Coliseum was fricken LOUD for the Rams! They are winning over the fickle hearts of the people of the city of L.A., and that is not easy to do. Lots of "stars in their eyes" Rams fans walking around, loud and proud. Feels really good. I'm still higher than a kite, can't sleep, and it's 12:15 AM on Monday now. 8-3 exceeds anything I could have hoped for after 11 games.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gotta give props to Quinn since I've been critical of his play . He played well and found a new move that seemed to work.
he needed one after last weeks game (he was blocked by a minny TE 1 on 1 at one point on a pass play )

Quinn needs an inside move he loops round the long way to the QB on every. single. pass.rush

hopefully he keeps this move in his arsenal

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Awesome game! I was frustrated about the lack of touches for Gurley because he was making Saints defenders look silly out there, but Goff and the receivers had a great game so they made it work. Aside from the lack of effort on the INT, Watkins was great. The defense let Kamara get loose too many times but they locked Brees down. Webster had the tackle of the day on Thomas. Also, Pharoh Cooper is probably a Pro Bowl selection. Great team win and we are 8-3!

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
he needed one after last weeks game (he was blocked by a minny TE 1 on 1 at one point on a pass play )

Quinn needs an inside move he loops round the long way to the QB on every. single. pass.rush

hopefully he keeps this move in his arsenal
He had a great swim move inside that reminded me of 2013 Quinn. It caused a holding penalty. Not sure why he doesn’t use it more. He clearly still has the athletic ability.

ausmurp

Starter
That was a touchback since he didn't possess the ball.

Really? He first touched it outside of the endzone though, and it bounced on the ground into the endzone where he picked it up and kneeled, right? Isn't that a fumble, into the endzone? Thought that constitutes a safety.

ausmurp

Starter
I also feel the need to highlight Kayvon Webster today. He played a good game. Ginn got behind him a couple times, but Webster made some big tackles in space. That tackle on Thomas inside the 5 was huge.

Yes I think it was his best game this far. He was a great add. Really good 2nd CB.

ausmurp

Starter
True but then Goff did the same exact thing twice once to Reynolds once to Watkins the latter being the lucky interception. I'm just saying Rams absolutely dominated and the score doesn't really show that. Oh well. Also the gaffs I mentioned were on the refs. I still don't get how the refs miss that touchback.

I'm wrong on the Watkins pass after rewatching it. He threw it where only Watkins could potentially get it, back shoulder with 2 defenders in front of Watkins.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Really? He first touched it outside of the endzone though, and it bounced on the ground into the endzone where he picked it up and kneeled, right? Isn't that a fumble, into the endzone? Thought that constitutes a safety.
I'm with you on this. I don't care if the returner has or hasn't established possession - if he TOUCHES it outside of the end zone, the rule should dictate that he's gotta bring it out....period.

ausmurp

Starter
I'm with you on this. I don't care if the returner has or hasn't established possession - if he TOUCHES it outside of the end zone, the rule should dictate that he's gotta bring it out....period.

Maybe the rule is different for a kickoff since it's a live ball after passing the 45 yd line, meaning it's already a 'fumble' even while in the air. So the player touching it outside of the endzone cannot fumble an already live ball? That must be it.