Cardinals add Kurt Warner to Ring of Honor

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
I disagree on the big grudge part. He's even appeared on TV with Martz (and Faulk) and has said he bears no ill will towards the Rams. If anything he's been pretty classy over the years because reporters have tried to get him to smack talk the Rams and he remains above the fray.

Considering how he was treated it's something else that he isn't bitter. I would have been very angry for sure, 99% of us would have been.

Letting him go, IMO, was the single biggest mistake the Rams have ever made.
Well, it could be ME that's holding the grudge then, it's been known to happen. I want this guy to be, first and foremost, remembered as the RAM who lead the GSOT to a championship. I'm jealous of the Cards right now, no doubt.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Certainly true, but it's obvious he holds a big grudge against the Rams, and as a big fan of his it bothers me. Do you think all the Brenda Warner controversy has a lot to do with his disdain for St. Louis?
I've never seen any indication he holds any sort of grudge against St. Louis, and doing so would be at odds with who he claims he is (and who I think he is as well).

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I just read on another board that the Rams only put a player in the Ring of Honor after they are selected to the Hall of Fame.

So it'll be sometime next year.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I just read on another board that the Rams only put a player in the Ring of Honor after they are selected to the Hall of Fame.

Makes a lot of sense, and I can't think of any exceptions to that rule.

moklerman

Warner-phile

I have to wonder then, what's the point? I mean, just because there are some Rams that haven't been duly recognized by the national media and HOF voters shouldn't mean they can't be put into the Rams Ring of Honor. For example, the day Isaac Bruce retired he should have been up there. But he may never make the HOF.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I have to wonder then, what's the point? I mean, just because there are some Rams that haven't been duly recognized by the national media and HOF voters shouldn't mean they can't be put into the Rams Ring of Honor. For example, the day Isaac Bruce retired he should have been up there. But he may never make the HOF.

I agree with you on this 100%.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I don't even want to get started on the St. Louis Ring of Honor. That's part of the problem. It isn't a "Rams" Ring of Honor.

Dan Dierdorf, Larry Wilson and Jackie Smith?!? W. T. F. Those guys are honored in two different rings and never won anything. But the Rams can't be bothered to put up Warner's name without permission from Canton? Grow a pair and honor the Rams legends who deserve and get the freakin' Cardinals players off the Rams ring.